N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2301)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 05-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
x2

Best mod you can do to this car besides the JB4. I'd definitely go IC next as heatsoak is a b!tch

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#2302)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default *********.... - 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM

Down *****...., you won't hear exhaust, you'll hear turbo spool!

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2303)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 05-05-2011, 06:50 PM

Question, on the latest 4/22 update, is it possible to manually start/stop logging? I remember there was an issue with earlier JB4 alpha logging software where logs would start automatically when the interface software was loaded.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#2304)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM

I don't remember any bugs. But you press start or F1 to start and stop or F2 to stop. If its logging and you don't want it to log just press F2 or stop.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2305)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM

Terry I remember the very early jb4 interface would start logging automatically on startup?

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#2306)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2011, 08:11 PM

When you connect it starts logging automatically as that is how most use it. You can press F2 to stop it from logging if you prefer. Or ignore it and press stop/start again to restart it when you want to start.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2307)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 05-05-2011, 08:43 PM

all i needed to know, thanks!

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#2308)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 05-06-2011, 04:24 PM

If we don't have a laptop, can we just ship our jb4 to get upgraded. I won't do it every upgrade but one day probably.
(#2309)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2011, 04:26 PM

If you want to mail in the control box with a $20 bill ($5 to cover return shipping and $15 for a large pizza) we can update the firmware and mail it back to you. But it's *much* cheaper and easier to update yourself using the USB cable.

Burger Motorsports

(#2310)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 05-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Thanks Terry. I'm pretty computer savvy and used to program corvettes with the stand alone FAST system well before there was any auto learn capabilities so I'm not scared of doing it. It's that my laptop is a work laptop so I don't have admin rights to download the program. Crazy idea but can I hook the jb4 to a desktop with a 12v battery I have to power it up (connect to the power wire)?
(#2311)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM

That could work but you'd also need to ground the black wire within the harness (going to pin #32 on the large black subconnector)

Burger Motorsports

(#2312)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 05-06-2011, 06:07 PM

I guess with the dual-cone intake and 94 octane, the best map is map 1 or map 5?
(#2313)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Get a cheap 10" Acer laptop from ebay.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#2314)
Old

Default 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desty
I guess with the dual-cone intake and 94 octane, the best map is map 1 or map 5?
Map 5

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#2315)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 05-06-2011, 09:12 PM

Alright so out of *** and FMIC, *** seem the way to go, so I will get *** first and then get an FMIC later, thanks for the input, although with *** is the stock exhaust sufficient from the *** back to get 400-450 HP? I have seen where a few people get an after market exhaust but is this necessary to achieve that goal?
(#2316)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Just installed my jb4, but it doesnt save my gauge mode to 135i metric... so the speedo is not aligned at all. what am i doing wrong...

Volume up to the 5fth options, then channel up to the 4th option, then volume down, volume down...

doesnt work
(#2317)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2011, 11:48 AM

If you need specific support for your car just email for help.

Burger Motorsports

(#2318)
Old

Default 05-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS
If we don't have a laptop, can we just ship our jb4 to get upgraded. I won't do it every upgrade but one day probably.
get like 3 of these??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812339037
(#2319)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 05-09-2011, 11:57 AM

I switch between maps fairly often, but sometimes it takes a number of tries to get into the command mode via the steering wheel controls. Am I doing something wrong?
(#2320)
Old
Photog

Car: 335 Coupe 6MT
Default 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle
I switch between maps fairly often, but sometimes it takes a number of tries to get into the command mode via the steering wheel controls. Am I doing something wrong?
mine goes instantly, press both down and the diagnostic screen comes up and i'm switching maps right away.

2007 E92 335i / 6MT / Monaco Blue Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Comfort Assist / Premium / Sport / Heated Seats / Navi / Active Steering / Active Cruise Control / Park Distance Control / Rear Sunshade / Sirius MODS PicoTray / M3 Steering Wheel / Front OEM Aero Lip / Bimmian Aluminum Pedals / CDV / Ram Air Scoops / Painted Reflectors / HID 5000k / LED Angels / M Perf. Shifter / Euro Light Switch / 8500 x50 Hardwired / Center Armrest Pouch / JB4/ BT
(#2321)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle
There is a really short window to hit both at the same time. Maybe we'll widen that in a future version if more people have problems getting in there.

Burger Motorsports

(#2322)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 05-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There is a really short window to hit both at the same time. Maybe we'll widen that in a future version if more people have problems getting in there.
I have absolutely no problem and I hop in control mode often while driving. I would think by widening that window you would run into the risk of going into command mode when switching radio stations and adjusting volume in close timing of each other which I do often while radio surfing. Just my 2 cents

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#2323)
Old

Default 05-10-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
I have absolutely no problem and I hop in control mode often while driving. I would think by widening that window you would run into the risk of going into command mode when switching radio stations and adjusting volume in close timing of each other which I do often while radio surfing. Just my 2 cents
Ditto
(#2324)
Old

Default 05-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Hi Terry,
I know I spoke of this before but, any chance you could add menu option 4-6 to for force the CANflap closed?
I'm asking for this because I plan to make a modified exhaust soon that will most probably be extremely loud (too loud) when the flap is open, such as when the car is first started.

Thanks
(#2325)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2011, 09:57 AM

I've been thinking of it. And it would open only at WOT?

Burger Motorsports