N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2251)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-03-2011, 03:18 AM

Good to hear that you guys keep it in the car. I also hide mine under the carpet when not in use. Opted to not run it through the glove box when I was pulling it through.

Synapse12- Any idea why they were snooping around your ECU compartment to begin with??

On side note, loaded the new firmware, feels great! Also went to a dyno meet this past weekend with the previous firmware and putdown 326whp/338wtq on map 2 (dynojet), just have DCI's. The shop owner and staff were pretty impressed, this is the best $/HP investment I ever made.

Last edited by PiZauL; 05-03-2011 at 04:46 AM..
(#2252)
Old

Car: 335
Question Autotuning??? - 05-03-2011, 06:23 AM

I haven't update my jb4 firmware i want to know since when the map 5 (autotuning) is already active.??? I got the jb4 in MARCH.
(#2253)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 05-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPADU
I haven't update my jb4 firmware i want to know since when the map 5 (autotuning) is already active.??? I got the jb4 in MARCH.
I believe it was the 2-21-11 update. So if bought yours in march just verify the Firmware is after that and you should be good to go.
(#2254)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 05-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Anyone have insight on routing the USB on the 535i? I don't recall seeing anywhere to push the cable thorugh under my box.
(#2255)
Old

Car: LCI 535i
Default 05-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Any new updates coming out? I don't want to upload to 4/22 firmware if something new is just around the corner. Thanks
(#2256)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2011, 11:56 AM

Nothing new for another two weeks likely.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2257)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 05-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZauL
Good to hear that you guys keep it in the car. I also hide mine under the carpet when not in use. Opted to not run it through the glove box when I was pulling it through.

Synapse12- Any idea why they were snooping around your ECU compartment to begin with??

On side note, loaded the new firmware, feels great! Also went to a dyno meet this past weekend with the previous firmware and putdown 326whp/338wtq on map 2 (dynojet), just have DCI's. The shop owner and staff were pretty impressed, this is the best $/HP investment I ever made.
I had it in to replace the wood strip on the dash. There was a crack in the wood strip just above the glove box. They may have noticed the cable from poking around the glove box/dash, and assumed it was going into the ECU through the firewall
(#2258)
Old

Car: E90 335i 07
Default 05-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZauL
I have DCI and a little exhaust work. I was hoping for closer to 340hp. There's a thread about valve cleaning that can help with the air flow and freeing up some extra hp
(#2259)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
when is the lean cruise / fuel economy map coming? i got a long road trip coming up soon
(#2260)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2011, 01:18 PM

That will be one of the next things we add back in.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2261)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Will MaxCool be part of the next update?? I got acouple of more Nurburgrings and Hockenheims to do

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#2262)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 05-03-2011, 05:27 PM

terry my 135i metric gauge was not corrected by the frimware update. anyone else having the same issue. have pictures if you need.
(#2263)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Sure just email in photos and we can check it out. No other reports of issues though. Ensure you've set the proper mode in menu 5.

Burger Motorsports

(#2264)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 05-03-2011, 06:31 PM

My right needle gets off as you go higher in menu. RPM shift light seems accurate, but the others the needle is low. At setting 5 the needle reads about 4.7. I've reset numerous times.
(#2265)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2011, 06:36 PM

If its just off a bit (e.g. press button 5 times and you get 4700) its probably normal. There is always car to car variance there. Dash reset is under option 1/5.

Burger Motorsports

(#2266)
Old

Car: 2009 E60 535i
Default 05-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
I thought that was the whole idea.

FAST CAR = BAD MPG.

I think Terry may have taken the 'conservative' out of map 5 cause it does seem a little more responsive especially down low. Maybe cause it getting cooler here in AUS it running a little better.
After i installed jb4 on my 535 i got better mpg. 1 full tank can last 450 miles
(#2267)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 05-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Done! easy fix. gauges are right on spot now.
once again great work terry.
(#2268)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 05-03-2011, 11:21 PM

Terry i've searched but couldn't find a answer anywhere.

Where do I connect my 0-5v output wire from my wideband o2 to the JB4 to monitor during datalogging and what "future use" tab will display the wideband o2 once it is connected??

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#2269)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2011, 11:24 PM

Pin 2 on the DB25. The formula used internally is:

AFR = (misc_in + 980) / 10 where misc_in is 0-5v represented as a 0-1023 integer, and AFR is represented as a 98-200 byte representing 9.8:1 through 20.0:1.

You set FutureUseD=2 to enable.

Burger Motorsports

(#2270)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Pin 2 on the DB25. The formula used internally is:

AFR = (misc_in + 980) / 10 where misc_in is 0-5v represented as a 0-1023 integer, and AFR is represented as a 98-200 byte representing 9.8:1 through 20.0:1.

You set FutureUseD=2 to enable.
Once again T. Your the man

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#2271)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default JB4 & Sprint Booster - 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM

I have an 07 335i with a Sprint Booster installed. I just ordered a JB4 and should be getting it in any day now, can't wait. My question is.... Is it okay to run the JB4 with the Sprint Booster or will they interfere with each other, I have no problem taking the Sprint Booster out but if it doesn't mess with the JB4 tune is there an advantage in taking it out?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
(#2272)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
I have an 07 335i with a Sprint Booster installed. I just ordered a JB4 and should be getting it in any day now, can't wait. My question is.... Is it okay to run the JB4 with the Sprint Booster or will they interfere with each other, I have no problem taking the Sprint Booster out but if it doesn't mess with the JB4 tune is there an advantage in taking it out?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
you can't use sprint booster with the jb4, you have to remove it first before installing the jb4, you won't regret it
(#2273)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2011, 10:14 AM

You can leave it on if you want but I always suggest not using it. Waste of money.

Burger Motorsports

(#2274)
Old

Car: bmw 135i
Default 05-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Terry is an email from me to you with CSV is urgent .... tonight I have a race ... thanks
(#2275)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Slowly clearing through the nights emails. Should be caught up shortly.

Burger Motorsports