N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2126)
Old

Car: '07 e92 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM

Terry,

any plans to do some work on the new 1 series M? since it's going to have the n54 engine
(#2127)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushu614
Terry,

any plans to do some work on the new 1 series M? since it's going to have the n54 engine
Definitely! JB4 should be fully compatible.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2128)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevron
I just uploaded the new firmware, I have an '06 build and my iDrive didn't turn off. The iDrive thing doesn't bother me anyway cuz my stations would always change and then it would unmute so I just turn the volume all the way down when I make in-dash changes... Anyway, I tried out the CANflap option and I noticed that I can close it but then a few seconds later it just opens itself back up again, is that normal? I've never played around with the flap before today so I don't know when it's suppose to open or close but I thought it was suppose to stay closed at idle and low RPM conditions and that's why people were rigging it open...
I also have '06 build and the iDrive didn't turn off too.
(#2129)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 04-26-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
i hope so

(#2130)
Old

Car: '07 e92 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:

woo hoo! although i think that just makes my future decisions harder when it comes time to trade in the 335
(#2131)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303_335i
I also have '06 build and the iDrive didn't turn off too.
I had a couple reports of 2008 models not turning off also. But reports of 2009+ models working fine. If you have a 2008 iDrive let us know if it works or doesn't.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2132)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM

Updated to the 4/20 firmware this morning with no problems. iDrive did not turn off on my 2007 after changing the setting. I will snip the zip tie off the exhaust line to check out the canflap tonight. Switched back to map 5 from map 2 and will see how it runs over the next couple days and then send you some logs.

Appreciate it!
(#2133)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM

Map 5 feels pretty nice. Ive noticed a little bit more boost this time. Ill get some logs on my way home from the office.

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#2134)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-26-2011, 03:24 PM

Terry i dont see the 0420 firmware hex file only see the earlier version
(#2135)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 03:33 PM

Yep, we removed it after around 125 downloads to wait for any bug reports, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#2136)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM

oh damn i shouldve downloaded it last night was going to do it now and update the software. thx for the quick response. damn work coming in the way of a firmware update!!
(#2137)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 04-26-2011, 04:23 PM

T, would it matter if I uploaded the 4/20 FW with the OLDER version of the jb4 interface software?
(#2138)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM

Is there anything electronic/program related to the automatics for shifting? Or is there only a mechanical part to make it shift faster?

2009 135i auto, JB4, DP fix, Code 3 intercooler, RR *********, RR full intake system, custom 3in exhaust with Magnaflow pipe.
(#2139)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Yep, we removed it after around 125 downloads to wait for any bug reports, etc.
SUPER Lame! I want the new firmware. How long do we have to wait now???
(#2140)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 04-26-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie335
T, would it matter if I uploaded the 4/20 FW with the OLDER version of the jb4 interface software?
i dont think you want to do that.
(#2141)
Old
;o

Default 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
i dont think you want to do that.
I've done it and no problem so far....

PS: I will re-upload it now with the new interface software, but I was just wondering what could it do or be harmful ?
(#2142)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 04:41 PM

You can upload firmware using the older interface but logging, etc, won't work.

Burger Motorsports

(#2143)
Old
;o

Default 04-26-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You can upload firmware using the older interface but logging, etc, won't work.
actually it worked - I was able to log and I knew I had a boost leak because I was off the target within 2 PSI and the boost leak was found
(#2144)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Just don't expect it to work 100% or be accurate with mismatched firmware/interface.

Burger Motorsports

(#2145)
Old
;o

Default 04-26-2011, 05:31 PM

oh okay, re-installed the new interface software anyway
(#2146)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-26-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I had a couple reports of 2008 models not turning off also. But reports of 2009+ models working fine. If you have a 2008 iDrive let us know if it works or doesn't.
probobly has to do with the difference of the CIC idrive in 09+ models, and the CCC idrive in earlier models.

I can say that the radio auto on/off worked fine in my 09 335
(#2147)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Sweet beans! Lolz, we got an early release of the firmware! I'm gonna be getting some dyno runs in but not until the 14th of May so I don't think that's gonna help you much Terry, and I don't like logging on the street cuz I don't wanna chance getting busted doing a 4th gear pull....
(#2148)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesalg
probobly has to do with the difference of the CIC idrive in 09+ models, and the CCC idrive in earlier models.

I can say that the radio auto on/off worked fine in my 09 335
Could be. I was hoping the commands we used would hit both models as we grab it at junction between the iDrive and the rest of the car. Once we confirm 2009+ only for those commands we'll add that to the documentation.

Found a little bug in the CANflap in 4/20 we're working on now. Apparently it will sometimes revert back to stock operation while driving. Also noticed it does not disable itself on map 0. Both easy fixes.

Burger Motorsports

(#2149)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Meth requires a flow sensor setup and map 3.
I guess a better question is if I am in map 5 will the failsafe still work? I have no access to race gas so I am dependent on meth for octane. I know the JB4 will self adjust boost, but will it recognize meth flowing as higher octane to optimize performance?
(#2150)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2011, 09:51 PM

No, the meth failsafe only works with map 3. If you are using meth you must use map 3 with a flow sensor.

Burger Motorsports