N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2026)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The flapper valve control only took 30 min or so to code up. Was working OK in the garage, time for some real world testing later today. The next little project is around 8hrs of coding redesigning how the JB4 and interface pass user settings back and forth, to allow for the user adjustable AFR and CPS RPM curves. Quite boring work.
Sounds pretty boring, I started dozing off just reading about it

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#2027)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
The flapper valve control only took 30 min or so to code up. Was working OK in the garage, time for some real world testing later today. The next little project is around 8hrs of coding redesigning how the JB4 and interface pass user settings back and forth, to allow for the user adjustable AFR and CPS RPM curves. Quite boring work.
Boring, but awesome!

Mods: FBO
(#2028)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Well now that's outta the way, what's next Terry? Besides the CPS stuff I mean.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#2029)
Old

Default 04-15-2011, 10:10 AM

what about adding to the wheel command menu the adaptation reset items:
Throttle
Lambda
AFR
Battery
Knock
Octane
VANOS
VVT
6AT
ECU Reset

Basically the same as procede....

This is important when changing maps or tune etc...
(#2030)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2011, 10:17 AM

Most of the adaption resets are already in there, just not documented. It's one option that goes and resets everything. We'll document it in the next release. But resetting adaptions is not very important when changing maps or tunes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2031)
Old

Default 04-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Terry, I still haven't seen any conclusion to the launch control for automatics and xi's that don't have to worry about traction. I hate having to brake boost because I know it's not the best thing for the car so having a launch control of some kind would definitely be a lot better. Sorry I know the questions been asked a lot but I'm just looking for a solid answer. Thanks!
(#2032)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifsiddiqui
Terry, I still haven't seen any conclusion to the launch control for automatics and xi's that don't have to worry about traction. I hate having to brake boost because I know it's not the best thing for the car so having a launch control of some kind would definitely be a lot better. Sorry I know the questions been asked a lot but I'm just looking for a solid answer. Thanks!
The launch control is the same thing as brake boosting. Only instead of only building say 4psi before pushing through the brakes we let it get up to around 6-10psi. If you have an objection to holding the brake and gas down at the same time, for whatever reason, launch control will also not be for you.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2033)
Old

Default 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM

Do you think that it's harmful on our cars if we do it once in a while? I had a 97 540i back when I got my license. It was like 4 years old and I brake boosted once so hard that the radiator pipe broke off and it was a huge problem. Ever since then I've learned from my mistake.. lol
(#2034)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2011, 11:56 AM

No issues with brake boosting. I've been doing it for years with the N54.

Burger Motorsports

(#2035)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 04-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
No issues with brake boosting. I've been doing it for years with the N54.
how much time between launches on hot days? doing that generates A LOT of heat, no?
(#2036)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2011, 06:18 PM

Normally at the track you get more than enough cool down between runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#2037)
Old

Default 04-15-2011, 06:21 PM

so with a launch control program id be at around 10 psi vs 4? Id still be down for that! Hope thats going to be an option soon.
(#2038)
Old
Photog

Car: 335 Coupe 6MT
Default 04-16-2011, 12:58 PM

I finally got it installed today. I love having the extra power!

2007 E92 335i / 6MT / Monaco Blue Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Comfort Assist / Premium / Sport / Heated Seats / Navi / Active Steering / Active Cruise Control / Park Distance Control / Rear Sunshade / Sirius MODS PicoTray / M3 Steering Wheel / Front OEM Aero Lip / Bimmian Aluminum Pedals / CDV / Ram Air Scoops / Painted Reflectors / HID 5000k / LED Angels / M Perf. Shifter / Euro Light Switch / 8500 x50 Hardwired / Center Armrest Pouch / JB4/ BT
(#2039)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-16-2011, 04:23 PM

When is the new update coming out?

2007, 335i, Auto
(#2040)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335why
When is the new update coming out?
Making significant interface changes to allow for some advance features. Hope to have those done early next week. Then a few days for alpha testers, and if all is good we'll throw it up late next week. No promises though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2041)
Old

Default 04-16-2011, 05:44 PM

Do all the JB4 features work with an old 2006 Progman version?
(#2042)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Yes, except the built in ******** fix.

Burger Motorsports

(#2043)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM

I heard the FW is already on the first page ? :D:D
(#2044)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-17-2011, 08:22 AM

I finally found time to put in my JB4 w/ hidden USB wire in the glove box....Just in case the dealer needs to get in there. What a change! It's like driving a different car. Install took a bit longer but had no issues what-so-ever. If someone needs a hand with install around Beantown arean let me know. I'm willing to help.

Terry, So when are you running for President?
(#2045)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 04-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie335
I heard the FW is already on the first page ? :D:D
yet not.

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#2046)
Old

Car: 135i
Talking 04-18-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry,
wondering if you could make an option such that the flap would be manual open/close where we could force it open or closed all the time and/or have an RPM or throttle position trigger to open the valve.
So settings would be: stock, always closed, always open and throttle or rpm triggered.
Is that possible? I'm sure a few of us would be interested

Also, wondering if as part of the gauge hijacking, you could display the water temps in lieu of the oil temp until the water temp reaches a set threshold.

That would be awesome, and it would free up one of my gauges for meth in future
(#2047)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 04-18-2011, 09:36 AM

isn't it made to work that way in the first place?????

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2048)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 04-18-2011, 10:00 AM

I thought that the valve stayed closed during initial load (acceleration) and then when a certain rpm was reached that it opened automatically???

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2049)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-18-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilefitt
I thought that the valve stayed closed during initial load (acceleration) and then when a certain rpm was reached that it opened automatically???
It's function is load-based, not RPM it seems, and we have no control over it *yet*.
(#2050)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiGyver
Hi Terry,
wondering if you could make an option such that the flap would be manual open/close where we could force it open or closed all the time and/or have an RPM or throttle position trigger to open the valve.
So settings would be: stock, always closed, always open and throttle or rpm triggered.
Is that possible? I'm sure a few of us would be interested

Also, wondering if as part of the gauge hijacking, you could display the water temps in lieu of the oil temp until the water temp reaches a set threshold.

That would be awesome, and it would free up one of my gauges for meth in future
We could do more with it. But why would you want an option to force it closed during WOT?

Burger Motorsports