N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2011, 07:46 PM

There are a few adjustments in the Stage1 but we don't suggest touching anything. At some point we'll be working on revised Stage1 firmware though and may describe possible user adjustments at that time.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#552)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 04-10-2011, 02:21 PM

One week later, no CEL's.

I think I can safely report that the cold weather "udpate" fixed my car. No more cold weather CELs (although it's pretty nice outside), and more importantly, no more highway partial throttle CELs!

Car feels strong and smooth!
(#553)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-10-2011, 10:09 PM

When is beta testing for JB3 Stage 2? It's been six months.
(#554)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2011, 10:17 PM

We're working on Stage2 as time permits along with refining the Stage1 firmware. Just got this installed so up next will be some Stage1 tuning with it.

Don't have an ETA for the Stage2 as it depends on a few factors but worry not its never far from our minds.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#555)
Old

Default 04-12-2011, 03:55 PM

How noisy is the car with the dp?

Are you running the stock ***-back?

Does the car sound reasonable? I am an attorney, and I occassionally have to drive around older, crusty clients and partners. Would this be embarassingly loud?
(#556)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 04-12-2011, 04:35 PM

looks like ill be getting that new update a little sooner than I expected.. Look what happened on my way home boosting up a bridge.

Im thinking its been breaking for awhile now since ive been getting long starts and multiple engine lights along with a ton of missfires every couple minutes .

And yes its completely separated all the way around.

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#557)
Old

Default 04-12-2011, 04:56 PM

wow, not cool
(#558)
Old

Default 04-12-2011, 04:58 PM

telling me..

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#559)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2011, 05:04 PM

That is the second time I've seen that happen with the N55! Crazy.

Burger Motorsports

(#560)
Old

Car: 135 N55 DCT '11
Default 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay

Does the car sound reasonable? I am an attorney, and I occassionally have to drive around older, crusty clients and partners. Would this be embarassingly loud?
the car with the DP only wont be noisy at all at idle and and quarter of throttle but when you WOT its another world.. or should i say "french horn"
(#561)
Old

Default 04-12-2011, 06:05 PM

is that the charge pipe thats broken?
(#562)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay

Not too bad. I have the stock catback and unless you're a car guy might not know the car has been modified.

Burger Motorsports

(#563)
Old
The Beast

Car: X5 35i Premium
Default 04-12-2011, 06:32 PM

Time to upgrade the charge pipe on these suckers if the OEM is of such crappy quality (i know two N55 charge ***** isn't big news, but seems like a re-occuring theme)... Looks like RSD has one out, as well as, ahem... Vishnu... Sorry I know there is no lost love for them.

JB3 N55 X5 (the 1st) / Boopie 3" Dual Exhaust/ Matte-Black Grille/ Boopie Custom FMIC/ K&N Drop in Filter / LUX AE
Future Mods: ???
Next big purchase: RUGER SR-556sc
(#564)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55X5
Time to upgrade the charge pipe on these suckers if the OEM is of such crappy quality (i know two N55 charge ***** isn't big news, but seems like a re-occuring theme)... Looks like RSD has one out, as well as, ahem... Vishnu... Sorry I know there is no lost love for them.
I wouldn't be so quick to upgrade it until we know what else might break upstream. Having a fuse around isn't really a bad idea especially if you are not 100% the rest of the system is solid.

Burger Motorsports

(#565)
Old

Default 04-12-2011, 10:27 PM

I will say I got no warnings or lights when this happened And drove around 25 min giving it gas to see if I could tell what was going on or hear something.

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#566)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 04-13-2011, 05:36 PM

What if our dme update is 2.41.1?

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#567)
Old

Default 04-13-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockin330i
What if our dme update is 2.41.1?
+1
my dealer just told me their latest DME is 2.41.1
(#568)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 04-13-2011, 05:43 PM

And the plot thickens....

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#569)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biasasaja
+1
my dealer just told me their latest DME is 2.41.1
Email me for some logging and let's see!

Burger Motorsports

(#570)
Old

Car: 2011 335i
Default 04-14-2011, 09:04 AM

My car is in bmw as we speak, getting the dme update, how do I tell which dme version it is?

2011 335I sedan, Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota, 6 Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Comfort Acess, Cold Weather, Navi, HK Sound.
(#571)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Should say on your paperwork.

Burger Motorsports

(#572)
Old

Default 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM

does this mean that meth is soon in the works for the n55 intergration? also anyone make an elbow for the n55 meth application??

2011 335I sedan, Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota, 6 Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Comfort Acess, Cold Weather, Navi, HK Sound.
(#573)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2011, 11:24 AM

I definitely see meth in the N55s future. The OEM charge pipe is actually perfect for mounting a nozzle.

Burger Motorsports

(#574)
Old

Default 04-14-2011, 10:36 PM

Just got finished doing some logs, had a little run in with the law at 120mph everything worked out tho the new DME update + JB3= Fu(#ing awesome. had a few good pulls, def the most fun i have had in a long time. im planning on going to the track tomorow to make a few passes, if i hit 12.5 i would be so freaking happy but we shall see.

(#575)
Old

Default 04-14-2011, 10:42 PM

Thats great to hear my charge pipe misfortune will also get me an update

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF