N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2011, 08:54 PM

First pro board application will be the N55.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#502)
Old

Car: 135 N55 DCT '11
Default 03-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Sweet :D
cant wait :D
(#503)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-09-2011, 10:04 AM

What's a pro board?
(#504)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 03-10-2011, 12:28 PM

Bad news guys my fuel pump is on it's way out

Started with 1 sec start ups then 2 now I'm at 3 and getting codes every couple
Days ..

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#505)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 03-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMS
Bad news guys my fuel pump is on it's way out

Started with 1 sec start ups then 2 now I'm at 3 and getting codes every couple
Days ..
Thats weird...

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#506)
Old

Default 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM

What's so weird ? I rag the he'll out of this car and they have known fuel pump
Problems. I knew it was coming just wish It was a couple thousand miles
From now so I could get an oil change at the same time. Taking the dp off is annoying

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#507)
Old

Default 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM

(#508)
Old

Default 03-11-2011, 12:46 AM

holy ****, thats the same setup as my car now :D yay our car can keep up with 355
freaking "French Horn"...
(#509)
Old

Default 03-11-2011, 07:21 AM

I was faster I let off when I got closer for a split second.

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#510)
Old

Default 03-11-2011, 09:37 AM

yea notice, when i rewatched with volume on u backed off a lil bit :D
if i see a 355 would smoke it :D
AR DP + JB3 rules!

once I installed berk race ill post a vid :D
(#511)
Old

Default 03-11-2011, 10:10 AM

btw, r u having fuel pump problem with N55 or N54?
(#512)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 08:13 AM

N55 it seems to have gone away starts up just fine for the last 2 days..

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#513)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
N55 it seems to have gone away starts up just fine for the last 2 days..
yea same thing happen to mine, codes never comes up though
it was hard to start up (wasnt cold) but it never fails.
u experience the sudden engine die as well?
happens to me twice in traffic.
(#514)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 08:50 PM

long cranks again today :/ never had an engine die in my 135.. my 328 all the time.

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#515)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2011, 09:42 PM

Fuel pump problems FTL.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#516)
Old

Default 03-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel pump problems FTL.

Did you guys start with 1/2 lit engine lights and reduced engine warnings ?? or did it just come all at once
(#517)
Old

Default 03-13-2011, 08:22 PM

mine has no warning lights or codes at all, just dies sometime in traffic and long cranks sometime...
(#518)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2011, 08:25 PM

Fuel pumps normally start with long cranks.

Burger Motorsports

(#519)
Old

Default 03-14-2011, 02:17 PM

I don't want to post this in Kill Stories because I know nobody will believe me but...there's no other way to say this, I beat a Gallardo Spyder yesterday and had him until ~120mph.

My only real mod is the JB3 N55 Beta tune, I ditched my runflats and CDV both of which make an appreciable difference but nothing like the tune. This middle aged guy was driving around the speed limit but staying in each gear until redline like a total douche, I had a passenger with me who begged me to line up with the Lambo. He wanted to film it on his phone, we both figured we'd be mauled by it. We lined up at a red light and the Lambo guy was revving his beautiful engine, it sounded so nice I guess my friend forgot to film instead he reached over and turned off my traction control. The guy took off gently to avoid roasting his clutch, I knew he'd do this so I paced him and waited until heard that V10 go WOT and punched it, took me a second to get into boost but then I jumped half a car ahead and stayed there through 1st gear...2nd gear...3rd gear HE'S STILL RIGHT NEX TO ME! Not pulling a single inch and my friend is yelling in my ear HOLY ****! HOLY ****! THIS IS AWESOME! I went into 4th and he finally began to pull on me and we shut it down with him a little in front. He turned off immediately at the next light with his tail hanging between his legs.

Easily the best moment I've had with my car. Thanks Terry, thanks for the Lambo killer (and yes, I know if it wasn't a convertible, had E Gear or at least a true driver he'd fly away from me)
(#520)
Old
HPFP Stress Tester (6th)

Car: '11 N55 E92
Default 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I was faster I let off when I got closer for a split second.
I lapped a 355 @ Road Atlanta in a built VR6 GTI in a 20 min session years ago The doctor was not happy...

'11 335i LMB, 6M, M-Sport, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grills, CF competition spoiler, CDV, aFe Stage 2 Intake, cp-e CP, Lamin-X "Tint" Head-Fog-Tail Film, Schroth Rallye 4 Harnesses, debadged, CAN Tool, Vortex 260M 18" Track Wheels with BFG R1 (245/265), Hawk DTC-70/HP Plus pads.

RIP '08 135i -- Lemoned Out
(#521)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
I don't want to post this in Kill Stories because I know nobody will believe me but...there's no other way to say this, I beat a Gallardo Spyder yesterday and had him until ~120mph.

My only real mod is the JB3 N55 Beta tune, I ditched my runflats and CDV both of which make an appreciable difference but nothing like the tune. This middle aged guy was driving around the speed limit but staying in each gear until redline like a total douche, I had a passenger with me who begged me to line up with the Lambo. He wanted to film it on his phone, we both figured we'd be mauled by it. We lined up at a red light and the Lambo guy was revving his beautiful engine, it sounded so nice I guess my friend forgot to film instead he reached over and turned off my traction control. The guy took off gently to avoid roasting his clutch, I knew he'd do this so I paced him and waited until heard that V10 go WOT and punched it, took me a second to get into boost but then I jumped half a car ahead and stayed there through 1st gear...2nd gear...3rd gear HE'S STILL RIGHT NEX TO ME! Not pulling a single inch and my friend is yelling in my ear HOLY ****! HOLY ****! THIS IS AWESOME! I went into 4th and he finally began to pull on me and we shut it down with him a little in front. He turned off immediately at the next light with his tail hanging between his legs.

Easily the best moment I've had with my car. Thanks Terry, thanks for the Lambo killer (and yes, I know if it wasn't a convertible, had E Gear or at least a true driver he'd fly away from me)
Who cares what all the haters think. A good run is a good run, you had the lambo foolio and that is that...

There will always be some haters talking about driver skill or whatever...but that's what racing is all about..drivers skill combined with car's technical potential...If we take-out driver skill then there would be no reason to race... it would be a simple numbers game..torque,rpm,gearing, weight, cd, etc.......no reason to race, just compare your dyno numbers and specs and go home...
(#522)
Old
HPFP Stress Tester (6th)

Car: '11 N55 E92
Default 03-14-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
Who cares what all the haters think. A good run is a good run, you had the lambo foolio and that is that...

There will always be some haters talking about driver skill or whatever...but that's what racing is all about..drivers skill combined with car's technical potential...If we take-out driver skill then there would be no reason to race... it would be a simple numbers game..torque,rpm,gearing, weight, cd, etc.......no reason to race, just compare your dyno numbers and specs and go home...
+1. Bench racing FTL.

'11 335i LMB, 6M, M-Sport, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grills, CF competition spoiler, CDV, aFe Stage 2 Intake, cp-e CP, Lamin-X "Tint" Head-Fog-Tail Film, Schroth Rallye 4 Harnesses, debadged, CAN Tool, Vortex 260M 18" Track Wheels with BFG R1 (245/265), Hawk DTC-70/HP Plus pads.

RIP '08 135i -- Lemoned Out
(#523)
Old

Default 03-14-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330

Great point, I always say a car can only represent a theoretical maximum amount of performance, it's up to the driver to achieve that potential. I forget what they call him but there's this guy with an American flag painted supercharged Corvette that runs unbelievably slow times at the strip, in the right hands his car could easily be ten seconds faster over a 1/4 mile.

It doesn't matter to me if no one believes it, I just posted so those who do believe can see what an absolute monster a tuned N55 can be in the real world.

I will say this though, heatsoak is a pain. If I had raced him again immediately after I'd have lost by at least a car or two, this engine's cooling system is not up to the task of back to back pulls.
(#524)
Old

Default 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMv4
Did you guys start with 1/2 lit engine lights and reduced engine warnings ?? or did it just come all at once
I do not know about the other guy but im getting the engine light and going into limp mode when I start up sometimes and sometimes after some spirited driving.

Its obviously the fuel pump because I never had these issues before.

I turn off the car clear codes via cantool and im off again like nothing happened.

The last part I installed was my dp..

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#525)
Old

Default 03-16-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzsashok
135i with jb3 and kl intercooler (big TOM) i abuse the living **** out of this poor Black Mens Wish no problems with the dv, i had a few codes come up tho :-(
CT it,
codes came up with mine today and gone in sec with CT