N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1301)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 02-16-2011, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernflex
Que es ceporro? En Puerto Rico no usamos esa palabra!
ceporro se dice la persona que es torpe, o poco inteligente (esto último como insulto).

Principalmente para decir que es torpe. Pero es en plan cariñoso

I love jb4.
Salu2

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#1302)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 02-16-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have maps to please all needs! After more development we want the autotuning map to be the default. So a user can just install and enjoy. If they happen to have 93 octane then they will get more performance from it. If they happen to have 91 it will safely dial itself back. If they happen to have 93 but it turns out that 93 really performs like 89 the tune will react properly. Etc.
That would be good for our ceporros friends.

For when expected?

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#1303)
Old

Car: 2010 335i Coupe
Default 02-16-2011, 03:31 AM

Question about the boost on fuel.
What's the scale? was confused because my when my vent gauge is showing 2-3psi vacuum, the boost on fuel gauge is @ about 1/8 tank.
Tried recalibrating the vent gauge and also resetting the stock gauges.

Sorry if this was addressed elsewhere and I missed it. =/
(#1304)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 02-16-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
THAT, I like.

Question though. Have you guys done any kind of testing dealing with E10 ethanol gas and the JB4? We are starting in Europe to get (Hosed) SuperE10(10%ethanol)/SuperE5(5%) gas in all gas stations here and they are planning to phase out SuperPlus for this garbage. Speaking with people at the dealers they are saying that BMW states all new cars can use the E10 but some do say that performance and mileage will be affected. How can I offset that or make the gas more "modfriendly" since I can't think of another word and would the JB4 compensate based on what it might see from the ECU?

Sorry for the long question.

Nick
Great question. Do you happen to know when premium plus will be phased out completely here??

Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#1305)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-16-2011, 08:52 AM

I will load 020111 firmware today and try to get some logs in to you with Map 5 enabled.

93 Octane
Drop in filter
AR Feline Free DP's

Mods: FBO
(#1306)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
We have maps to please all needs! After more development we want the autotuning map to be the default. So a user can just install and enjoy. If they happen to have 93 octane then they will get more performance from it. If they happen to have 91 it will safely dial itself back. If they happen to have 93 but it turns out that 93 really performs like 89 the tune will react properly. Etc.
Sounds great Terry. Realistically, when will this become a reality?

Btw, just loaded new fw and am going to test her out...

2010 135i | 6MT | Le Mans | Prem Pkg | M Pkg | CA | Hi-Fi | Boston | Other Cool Stuff
(#1307)
Old
Country Roads!

Default 02-16-2011, 09:33 AM

I have to say something about the JB interface software. I have done a lot of tuning with Ford and GM vehicles, primarily Mustang Cobras, and this is the best logging and fine tuning interface I have ever played with. It is simple, it works, and does not take minutes to stop a log and start another one. If anyone has ever used Livelink from SCT Tuning, you know what I am talking about. This all just works and does what it is supposed to do. Thanks, I love it!

-Jeff

(#1308)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:

Awesome. Would this auto tuning also envelop any range of bolt ons (not meth)? Meaning, would Map 1 vs Map 2 effectively become extinct because the new methodology will simply allow it to completely adapt?
(#1309)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM

Ran my USB through the firewall last night. I went over the top and just took everything out of the ECU compartment but I did learn a lot about taking plastic and hardware off the car.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1310)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Awesome. Would this auto tuning also envelop any range of bolt ons (not meth)? Meaning, would Map 1 vs Map 2 effectively become extinct because the new methodology will simply allow it to completely adapt?
Yes. But we will always leave map 1 and map 2 there for those that just want a fixed boost level. It's worked well for this many years. No reason to drop it now. Sometimes the autotuning can be overly conservative, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1311)
Old
Country Roads!

Default 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i
Ran my USB through the firewall last night. I went over the top and just took everything out of the ECU compartment but I did learn a lot about taking plastic and hardware off the car.
I didn't remove anything from my ecu box when I ran my USB. I used to doing stereo hookups, so I guess I just have a 6th sense for it. I popped the rear most panel out and lifted it up out of the way so that I could see the hole/grommet at the bottom of the DME box, fished a 1/8th inch cord of steel wire through it, and attached the USB to the end of it, and presto. Took about 5 minutes including dropping the panel under the glove box once I had the top off of the DME box.

(#1312)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Playing around with the 1st and 2nd gear boost limit with latest software.
I inputted 10psi for the boost limit in first gear.

Few questions i have is:
If i press the volume up or down, or the talk button, this will disable the boost limit?
Will boost limit be desabled until restarting the car? Or how does this work.
If i first start the car and press the volume button up or down does this mean it is disabled?
Bump.... Anyone play with this or use?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1313)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 05:06 PM

To disable it you just press and hold the down volume button, or talk button. Say if you want to burn out. It is only disabled while you are holding it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1314)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Gotten a lot of map 5 customer logs. Thanks guys! Made a few tweaks based on them and put it in 2/2.

1) Made the CAN bogfix a little more aggressive.
2) Adjusted the map 5 algorithms to be more conservative in some areas and more aggressive in others.

Burger Motorsports

(#1315)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Gotten a lot of map 5 customer logs. Thanks guys! Made a few tweaks based on them and put it in 2/2.

1) Made the CAN bogfix a little more aggressive.
2) Adjusted the map 5 algorithms to be more conservative in some areas and more aggressive in others.
Damn! Working fast. I didn't get to log 2/1 lol. Will have to get these to you for sure. Thanks T!
(#1316)
Old

Default 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM

Terry I will load the new firmware soon and send some logs! Also, just out of curiosity, how many tickets have you gotten?
(#1317)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 07:39 PM

I only test my car on safe private roads like airport runways. But the other day I was doing such testing at 120mph and my radar went off like crazy. I figured someone must have wandered on to the runway accidentally and wanted to pull me over to ask for directions. Anyway he never caught up.

Burger Motorsports

(#1318)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi
Default 02-16-2011, 07:51 PM

Any issue with running the current (2/2) map 5 with meth? I realize you dont get the progressive boost increase with meth flow from the JB4, but will this screw with the auto tuning? Will you get any useful data from logs run this way (I'll happily make some if it's of value)?
(#1319)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 07:57 PM

We'll just see it work its way up to 16psi and max out. So not a lot of benefit there.

Burger Motorsports

(#1320)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Is there a post somewhere that explains how you would like the logs done? DSC completely off, one pull per csv, etc.?

2015 F36 - JB4 - VSRF CP/Tube/FMIC
(#1321)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
We'll just see it work its way up to 16psi and max out. So not a lot of benefit there.
I saw in an early post that only progressive meth is supported now. Im guessing that if you use a basic kit it would be as if you were using 100 octane and make its own adjustments. What map would be best for a basic kit?
(#1322)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Doesn't really matter. DSC off if safe, 40-120mph pulls, and then 2000-7000rpm in 3rd is always good. Just keep it safe and legal. All in one CSV is easiest for me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1323)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM

Sweet, thanks.

2015 F36 - JB4 - VSRF CP/Tube/FMIC
(#1324)
Old
JB4 FTW!!!

Car: 2010 535i MSport
Default 02-16-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco
Really depends on the traction you are getting. This allows you to limit wheel spin which robs your take off. I jsut started using 10psi for first gear on my otherwise stock 535 and with TC off i get the slightlest bit of spin for a fraction of a second around 4000 rpm just as boost builds. I will play with it a bit but as for now 10 limit in first and none in 2nd is working great on map 1.
Did some runs today in 50 degree weather and think am moving 1st max to 12 for some testing. Wheelspin in 1st at 11 max kicks in around 5K and is just barely breaking loose, not spinning but at the edge of traction. Gonna see if 12 is still getting traction but pushing little more. My guess is as temps warm 12 max in 1st will be perfect for me!
(#1325)
Old
Asleep at the wheel

Car: 2007 335i Sedan
Default 02-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Terry,

I just email some Map 5 logs to you, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

2007 E90
Not Fast, Not Slow.