N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1176)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 11:16 AM

It's in the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1177)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
how do you set auto PID on?
11) Enabled adaptive PID / feed forward scaling. Set FutureUseD = 2 to enable. System learning is on at wide open throttle from 4500rpm to 6700rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1178)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Terry,

On one of the videos you had posted on YT you talked about something called "MaxCool". Is that something that is in JB4 now or something that might come later on?

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#1179)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-11-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iv55
I'm not the best map reader but what's with all of the throttle closure at high RPMs? Is that normal?
Traction control?

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1180)
Old

Default 02-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
how do you set auto PID on?
What is Auto Pid?

Is there a manual for all of these settings? How to get "shift lights" in and working? I'm clueless what an "alpha Interface" is and how one uses it and for what.

I will be sticking with the basics given my technical limitations. While I could understand the "press down the gas pedal" instructions that came with the JB3, this JB4 seems more complicated and it's a little intimidating. So I'll stick with map three(?) but I would like to understand more about the more complicated things too. I'm seeing thread one evolve and it's really helping. Thanks Terry.

Questions aside, I got to hand it to Terry for the best price/value ratio and the best customer service in the biz.
(#1181)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno
What is Auto Pid?

Is there a manual for all of these settings? How to get "shift lights" in and working? I'm clueless what an "alpha Interface" is and how one uses it and for what.

I will be sticking with the basics given my technical limitations. While I could understand the "press down the gas pedal" instructions that came with the JB3, this JB4 seems more complicated and it's a little intimidating. So I'll stick with map three(?) but I would like to understand more about the more complicated things too. I'm seeing thread one evolve and it's really helping. Thanks Terry.

Questions aside, I got to hand it to Terry for the best price/value ratio and the best customer service in the biz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaUlUmEd9Kk

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1182)
Old

Default 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM

What is configure guages in speedo 5?

Configure them to do what?
(#1183)
Old

Car: 2010 E92 335i
Default 02-11-2011, 03:53 PM

I'm sure it's been asked and answered, I just don't have time to look through 49 pages of posts...sorry, please forgive me.

What does PID stand for and what does Auto PID do???

(#1184)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
Terry,

On one of the videos you had posted on YT you talked about something called "MaxCool". Is that something that is in JB4 now or something that might come later on?
It's off for now until we fix a bug with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1185)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Added a FAQ section to the first post and I'll start filling it in as you guys ask questions.

Burger Motorsports

(#1186)
Old

Default 02-11-2011, 05:08 PM

JUst installed but cant access the steering controls, any ideas? Not throwing any codes though
(#1187)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 02-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i
11) Enabled adaptive PID / feed forward scaling. Set FutureUseD = 2 to enable. System learning is on at wide open throttle from 4500rpm to 6700rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.
Terry,

mind clearing the PID learning statement up a bit?

-adaptive PID will ONLY take effect after a couple runs in 3rd and fourth at the stated RPM ranges?
-will third gear runs suffice or will proper calculations only be made if both third and fourth are "ran through"
-will future updates alter the adaptation system? i can see how nearly redlining in fourth gear is not something the average user can do a few times. even the third gear run may require some track time to keep things legal.
-once the adaptations are in effect and all calculations are made, what differences should we be noticing?

edit: whoops, i see the last question was already answered in the first post FAQ
(#1188)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-11-2011, 05:23 PM

does anyone know if the autoclear (option 1/3) gets reset when you switch the jb4 to map zero? or will it turn on when i go back to map 2. Or do i have to turn it on manually everytime i go from 0 to a map? thanks
(#1189)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 06:00 PM

It turns off when on map 0 but does not reset. So when you go back to map 2 it turns back on.

Burger Motorsports

(#1190)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
Terry,

mind clearing the PID learning statement up a bit?

-adaptive PID will ONLY take effect after a couple runs in 3rd and fourth at the stated RPM ranges?
-will third gear runs suffice or will proper calculations only be made if both third and fourth are "ran through"
-will future updates alter the adaptation system? i can see how nearly redlining in fourth gear is not something the average user can do a few times. even the third gear run may require some track time to keep things legal.
-once the adaptations are in effect and all calculations are made, what differences should we be noticing?

edit: whoops, i see the last question was already answered in the first post FAQ
It's setup to be seamless to the end user. So turn it on (or wait for the next release which has it on by default) and do your thing. If you happen to get going fast enough for it to learn then it will. If not it won't. The "guess" settings we have defaulted are pretty close for most applications. It's just nice to give it a chance to fine tune itself to your particular situation as legal means to do so present themselves.

Burger Motorsports

(#1191)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 02-11-2011, 07:18 PM

hi terry, for the auto PID, do we have to run in both 3rd and 4th in order to let it learn? or can we just run in 3rd and it will learn?

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#1192)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 02-11-2011, 08:23 PM

Hey Terry thanks for the FAQ, it helps out a metric $h!t ton, lolz. New question, what does the map 4 do for us? Just curious what the point of a stock map with CAN turned on is, are there other things we can do to the system with the CAN turned on? Thanks Terry!
(#1193)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 08:54 PM

Map 4 is for diagnostics at the moment. Soon will be the economy map. And 3rd gear runs are fine for autopid.

Burger Motorsports

(#1194)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 02-12-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It turns off when on map 0 but does not reset. So when you go back to map 2 it turns back on.
Ah. Very cool. So, the JB4 holds the setting dependent upon the specific map at which you set it. That seems like something to add to the instruction and/or FAQ.

Related to the FAQ, if it's not in there, can you add a little more detail about which codes the code clearing wipes automatically and which it leaves? I remember reading somewhere, I think, that it keeps codes that you would want to have thrown and need to investigate, but just deletes the ones that will get you yelled at?
(#1195)
Old

Car: 08 335i coupe
Default 02-12-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i
Ok, I admit I am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff. I want to learn though so i just have to ask...... Wth is FuteruseD? How do you make it = 2 to turn on PID?

I know most of these options aren't for the casual user and most of us should just plug in, set it and be done with it... But I am interested in learning this.
(#1196)
Old

Car: 09.e92.335i
Default 02-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Httorihanzo
Ok, I admit I am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff. I want to learn though so i just have to ask...... Wth is FuteruseD? How do you make it = 2 to turn on PID?

I know most of these options aren't for the casual user and most of us should just plug in, set it and be done with it... But I am interested in learning this.
In the JB4 interface, just put a 2 in the box FutureUseD box (default is 0), save it, and that will enable the AdaptivePID.

[ 09.e92.335i.a52 / procede.v5 / ets.fmic / afe.intake / eibach.pro / miro.368 / dimisa.4 / cityvision.ae ]
(#1197)
Old

Car: 08 335i coupe
Default 02-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Ok so this isn't a seating to make from the steering wheel controls. I don't have a PC so I've never seen the interface.
(#1198)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-12-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpwr
In the JB4 interface, just put a 2 in the box FutureUseD box (default is 0), save it, and that will enable the AdaptivePID.
I have problems connecting to the JB4 interface. I tried several com ports but they all failed. I didn't try all 99 channels though - tells me it failed to connect. Could anyone help please
(#1199)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 02-12-2011, 10:15 AM

Do you get the connected usb sound when you plug into your computer? Maybe the usb cable came off the JB4.

2015 F36 - JB4 - VSRF CP/Tube/FMIC
(#1200)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2011, 10:23 AM

For the port you're supposed to check under device manager to see what number it was assigned too. If it's not listed you probably have a driver problem, etc, with the laptop.

Burger Motorsports