N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1151)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-09-2011, 12:38 PM

Here, I took the pic of the gauge and made it B&W outlined. I printed it off on a small card along with the functions steering wheel control fuctions for reference. Thanks Bimmerocious!

Mods: FBO
(#1152)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 02-09-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
and you have no problems without *********?
i have BMS drop in and bmw perf exhaust only, last time i filled up the tank with 100 oct and ran map 2, sent the log to terry, seems fine to him as long as i have at least 96 octane in the tank. boost hits 14psi starting from 5k rpm, peak at 14.5psi and didn't drop much til ~6800 rpm.

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#1153)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM

thanks. im just gonna run it on map 1 to be safe
(#1154)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 02-09-2011, 07:52 PM

sorry for newbie questions but what is adaptive PID and should I be enabeling it? I am have dual cone intake and I am running map 1.
(#1155)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM

I'd suggest enabling the adaptive PID option. By next software update it will be enabled by default.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1156)
Old

Default 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM

WHat is adaptive PID?
(#1157)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2011, 08:12 PM

You'll have to search for that, its explained in one of these posts.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1158)
Old

Car: E90 335i 07
Default 02-10-2011, 01:00 AM

Terry, any thoughts of creating an app for iPod/phone/pad for the datalogging?
(#1159)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-10-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byoung8
Terry, any thoughts of creating an app for iPod/phone/pad for the datalogging?
same thing was going through my head today. It would be a excellent feature.
would make me

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1160)
Old

Car: 135 Convertible
Default 02-10-2011, 12:02 PM

I've actually done some research on Iphone/Ipad datalogging lately, but unfortunately Apple doesn't make it easy for us DIY-geeks. The problem is that the IOS-Api doesn't allow serial communication right away, which makes it a bit difficult. What I´ve found out so far is the following solutions:

1. Jailbreak and use homebrew api:s/cables to interface the JB4 (doable)
2. Use a wifi->serial device and connect via wifi. Doable, but a bit expensive
3. Use a serial -> midi inteface(!). Apple allows midi communication with the ipad without any jailbreaking. Doable, but quite a lot of work.

I've ordered a wifi adapter to do some testing, but unfortunately it's currently out of stock.

In the meantime I'm experimenting with a really cheap external device that logs to an SD-card insted. There is quite a lot of work left to do, but the results so far looks good. Terry has (like always!) been really supporting and helped me out with my questions. My prediction is that I will have a working prototype within a couple of weeks, I'll definately post more info when I've got anything to show!
(#1161)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Yes!
(#1162)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Nice work jox! I was thinking about this last night too. It seems as though the technology exists to allow a blutooth or wifi communication to occur. Imagine being able to communicate to the JB4 on the netbook, tablet, or smartphone without any wires connected! That would be awesome!
(#1163)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM

It isn't something we'll be working on but any smartphone developers have our full support to create and market (royalty free) any JB4 related app they think users might find useful.

Burger Motorsports

(#1164)
Old

Car: 135 Convertible
Default 02-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney
Nice work jox! I was thinking about this last night too. It seems as though the technology exists to allow a blutooth or wifi communication to occur. Imagine being able to communicate to the JB4 on the netbook, tablet, or smartphone without any wires connected! That would be awesome!
Thank you!

Bluetooth connection is actually quit simple, that was one of the first things I tested. So far I've only done some prototyping on a breadboard, and the components was quite expensive (>$70), but I'll try to source some cheaper components and see if it can be done easier/cheaper.

Personally I'm more interested in a dead simple logging device that can be used to automatically log to a SD-card. I really don't like to have a laptop distracting me when I'm driving.
(#1165)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 02-10-2011, 03:11 PM

YES! this! sd card ftw.
I'd love to be able to log runs then pull out the card later instead of having the laptop with me and routing the wire.

(#1166)
Old

Default 02-10-2011, 06:12 PM

I'd be all about integration with iPhone somehow... sign me up.

But on this note, how do most people log? Leave your laptop open in passenger seat, press start logging, and hope you don't have to brake or turn quickly?
(#1167)
Old
JB4 FTW!!!

Car: 2010 535i MSport
Default 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM

iOS will make it tough....but ANDROID ftw!
(#1168)
Old
Obsessed with his BMW

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 02-10-2011, 09:36 PM

I installed my JB4 tonight and absolutely love it. The power delivery is very smooth. You're punishing yourself if you have a JB3 and haven't upgraded yet...

2014 335i M Sport: bootmod3 Stg 2, AA CP, CSF FMIC, GFB DV+, VRSF down-pipe, aFe stage 2 intake, KW Clubsport Coilovers, xHP Stage 3.
(#1169)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 02-10-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco
iOS will make it tough....but ANDROID ftw!
+1 for android
(#1170)
Old

Default 02-11-2011, 02:41 AM

I started an iPhone app which would eventually have dials on linked with the JB but the dev environment is dogsh*t to use.

I could do it with a Windows phone but nobody uses them anymore.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1171)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 02-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye
I started an iPhone app which would eventually have dials on linked with the JB but the dev environment is dogsh*t to use.

I could do it with a Windows phone but nobody uses them anymore.
haha... I use windows phone 7
(#1172)
Old

Car: bmw 135i
Default 02-11-2011, 08:46 AM

logs mappa 2

(#1173)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM

I'm not the best map reader but what's with all of the throttle closure at high RPMs? Is that normal?

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, DP Fix, Quaife LSD
(#1174)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Looks normal. Set autopid on if you haven't already.

Burger Motorsports

(#1175)
Old

Default 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM

how do you set auto PID on?