(#452)
Old
The Beast

Car: X5 35i Premium
Default 02-04-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin
Need stage 2 and an intake!!!!
LOL... Don't we all... BUT here's the issue with the intake, the intake will be dependent on software to trick the ECU into thinking nothing is wrong (like the DP fix)

They (BMW) really did a number on the N55's and made it a lot harder to make an intake that will work. So with that being said, I doubt the common intake manufacturers (Injen, AFE, STETT, etc) are going to come out with an intake any time soon, because they will have to come up with an Intake Fix to compensate for the changes... Unless the Intake manufacturer's are willing to work with the tuners to come up with an integrated fix

The only thing that will work right now is a drop in filter, which maintains the stock box... But you can always wait till DINAN comes out with their 1k intake system for the N55, I'm sure they have one in the works...

IT would be something if the STG 2 tune had the Intake fix built into it already... Maybe that's something Terry is working on, maybe he isn't... IDK, but it would be a good addition to the mix... Atleast for you 135/335 owners... Me I'll have an even longer wait...

JB3 N55 X5 (the 1st) / Boopie 3" Dual Exhaust/ Matte-Black Grille/ Boopie Custom FMIC/ K&N Drop in Filter / LUX AE
Future Mods: ???
Next big purchase: RUGER SR-556sc
(#453)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 02-04-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55X5
LOL... Don't we all... BUT here's the issue with the intake, the intake will be dependent on software to trick the ECU into thinking nothing is wrong (like the DP fix)

They (BMW) really did a number on the N55's and made it a lot harder to make an intake that will work. So with that being said, I doubt the common intake manufacturers (Injen, AFE, STETT, etc) are going to come out with an intake any time soon, because they will have to come up with an Intake Fix to compensate for the changes... Unless the Intake manufacturer's are willing to work with the tuners to come up with an integrated fix

The only thing that will work right now is a drop in filter, which maintains the stock box... But you can always wait till DINAN comes out with their 1k intake system for the N55, I'm sure they have one in the works...

IT would be something if the STG 2 tune had the Intake fix built into it already... Maybe that's something Terry is working on, maybe he isn't... IDK, but it would be a good addition to the mix... Atleast for you 135/335 owners... Me I'll have an even longer wait...

That's why I put intake and stage 2 in the same sentence ,
hopefully Terry comes up with something soon!

(#454)
Old

Car: 135i n55
Default 02-04-2011, 08:00 AM

Im just tired of forgetting to unplug my can tool when im done driving for the day and waking to a dead battery. cant wait for auto delete on stage 2
(#455)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2011, 12:45 PM

We did release a CT update for it awhile ago to correct a sleep mode issue. But it never used enough power to drain the battery in day. Maybe in 3 weeks. It pulls around 50ma max with car on, maybe half of that at rest before the fix.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#456)
Old

Default 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Ok. now where do i go to find the update. it normally takes 1 full day or 2 before the battery dies and when i dont leave it connected it doesnt do it . but i also havent done the update so. thanks
(#457)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM

Just email us for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#458)
Old

Car: 135i DCT
Default 02-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzsashok
135i with jb3 and kl intercooler (big TOM) i abuse the living **** out of this poor Black Mens Wish no problems with the dv, i had a few codes come up tho :-(
You installed the big tom intercooler on an n55? Did you just use the diy for the n54? I think there's only one intercooler out for the n55 (helix) and I didn't expect big tom would be an option for us.
(#459)
Old

Default 02-06-2011, 10:33 AM

the i/c are the same for both n54-n55 they will fit. its actually a easy install, well depending wich one you get .
(#460)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 02-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisart
the i/c are the same for both n54-n55 they will fit. its actually a easy install, well depending wich one you get .
Did you instal yours already?

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#461)
Old

Car: DCT 135
Default 02-06-2011, 02:22 PM

There not the same. Close ,but not actually the same.
(#462)
Old

Default 02-07-2011, 08:36 AM

the part # on the stock oem intercooler off an n54 and n55 is (17-51-7-540-035)
so pretty much lets you know there the same . i ve taken i/c off both cars and there the same . its the aftermarket i/c that are alway little different and and require some modifacations
(#463)
Old
In my hoopdy I be swervin

Car: 135I
Default 02-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woner
You installed the big tom intercooler on an n55? Did you just use the diy for the n54? I think there's only one intercooler out for the n55 (helix) and I didn't expect big tom would be an option for us.
i installed the FMIC on n55, i used n54 diy, works great with the jb3 stage 1

2011 135I, KL racing INTERCOOLER (BIG TOM), JB3
(#464)
Old

Car: 135i DCT
Default 02-07-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzsashok
i installed the FMIC on n55, i used n54 diy, works great with the jb3 stage 1
Awesome. I'll be looking into that so I'm ready for JB4 .
(#465)
Old

Default 02-16-2011, 10:37 AM

any news? I am seeing a lot of n55 stuff happening
(#466)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Nothing exciting to report yet. Did spent a couple hrs on the N55 Stage2 board today but much to do.

Burger Motorsports

(#467)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 02-16-2011, 09:59 PM

Any improvements that can be made by changing settings with an ar dp installed or just leave it alone?

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#468)
Old

Car: 2011 135i 6mt
Default 02-16-2011, 10:02 PM

I don't really want to put a ******** on my car at this point. Will stage 2 require any additional mods?

2011 135i 6mt, JB3 stage 1 BETA
(#469)
Old

Default 02-16-2011, 10:06 PM

Nope..

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#470)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMS
Any improvements that can be made by changing settings with an ar dp installed or just leave it alone?
I haven't had a chance to install mine so leave it alone for now until I test.

Burger Motorsports

(#471)
Old

Car: 2011 335i
Default 02-17-2011, 06:30 AM

Can you feel a differece with the ar dp? And do u have a link to a dyno?

2011 335I sedan, Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota, 6 Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Comfort Acess, Cold Weather, Navi, HK Sound.
(#472)
Old

Default 02-18-2011, 01:23 AM

No dyno but it improved my 60-100 times by .6 seconds via stopwatch but thats not 100% accurate but when you record between .4-.6 seconds every time it is conclusive it does make a positive difference in time.

Can I feel it ? Easy answer is HELL YES.

It is a little loud and the smell is a little bothersome but nothing I cant live with.

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#473)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 02-18-2011, 07:41 PM

I just finished helping my brother install his N55 JB3 and I must say the power improvement is excellent, install was pretty easy also. Congrats to Terry on another great product! hopefully stage 2 will be along shortly
(#474)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 02-19-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55X5

Injen and afe just released intakes.
Don't believe the whole this engine is harder to work on bull. Bmw is not th first company to use maf intakes. I should be in the 400hp club before the end of march.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#475)
Old

Default 02-19-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockin330i
Injen and afe just released intakes.
Don't believe the whole this engine is harder to work on bull. Bmw is not th first company to use maf intakes. I should be in the 400hp club before the end of march.

Info to AFE's intake?