N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#976)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara
Terry

i didnt have my laptop with me it happened on the highway, so no laptop.

Also its set to the parameters on the screenshot on the first posting.

Eeek that is a really aggressive race gas mapping! Likely had knock codes if you tried that on pump gas.

If you ever want to check codes on the road without a laptop use use option 1/1 on the dash. I use it all the time.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#977)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 01-25-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
+1. Also, in the next update that changes to a boost cap per gear. And you enter say 10.0 for maximum 10psi in 1st gear, etc.
Nice.
(#978)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 01-25-2011, 04:11 PM

can't wait till more upgrades are available.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#979)
Old

Car: 335 White Rabbit
Default 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM

better enjoy the smoothiness of Map 2 prior going further to the road of aggressiveness with no turning back......Cheers Terry...
(#980)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Will do terry thank you...ill have to practice :D

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#981)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Say hi race mp has a max of 16psi does that override his inserted psi numbers that are over 16psi?

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#982)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Yeah it will never target more than 1/2psi less than the max value. So if you set all map 6 to 20psi, then set max to 15psi, you'll never target more than 14.5psi.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#983)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Just installed mine. Took me an hour out in the driveway first time, first mod to the e90. Running Map 1 on a totally stock car. The difference is night and day, no better way to describe it! It is also soooo easy. I had no issues with the install and no issues on my first drive. I can switch maps on the fly in about 5 seconds already.

AWESOME WORK TERRY!
(#984)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM

2 questions T. Any plans on adding a wideband hijack reading on fuel or oil temp for those of us with widebands with an 0-5V output? Does the meth flow hijack gauge require the CMGS/VC2 or can I purchase only the flow sensor from CM and hook up to the JB4 some how??

Sorry these questions have been posted prior. Tried searching and there got nothing in regards.

Thanks T!

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#985)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM

You can connect a 5V wideband and view it in the interface/on logs. Meth flow requires any flow sensor that outputs a 0-5v signal based on flow.

Burger Motorsports

(#986)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You can connect a 5V wideband and view it in the interface/on logs. Meth flow requires any flow sensor that outputs a 0-5v signal based on flow.
I was already aware that I could view the wideband readings in the log/interface. I was asking if it would be possible down the road for you to add a wideband option to the gauge highjacking list.

It would be nice to monitor wideband readings in the cluster. Im not a big fan of having several gauges surrounding my steering column / dash area.

Thanks for the quick answer T!

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#987)
Old

Default 01-28-2011, 01:40 PM

Hi Terry,
Sorry if this was answered, I tried searching this thread, but didn't find any luck. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. If I have any ********, let's say titek's 3" for example or another brand, the JB4 will have a software fix built in so I can leave the factory plugs in place?

Thanks
(#988)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM

The factory o2 sensors must always be installed. But the JB4 has a software fix for offroad cars using *********. When you leave the track and remove your ********* you'll turn that option back off.

Burger Motorsports

(#989)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
I was already aware that I could view the wideband readings in the log/interface. I was asking if it would be possible down the road for you to add a wideband option to the gauge highjacking list.

It would be nice to monitor wideband readings in the cluster. Im not a big fan of having several gauges surrounding my steering column / dash area.

Thanks for the quick answer T!
Sure. When time permits we plan to expand the in dash gauge options greatly!

Burger Motorsports

(#990)
Old
JB since 2007

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
The factory o2 sensors must always be installed. But the JB4 has a software fix for offroad cars using *********. When you leave the track and remove your ********* you'll turn that option back off.
Nicely said! It's a pain, but that's exactly what we do.
(#991)
Old

Car: 09.e92.335i
Default 01-29-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak
Nicely said! It's a pain, but that's exactly what we do.
rofl nice

[ 09.e92.335i.a52 / procede.v5 / ets.fmic / afe.intake / eibach.pro / miro.368 / dimisa.4 / cityvision.ae ]
(#992)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-29-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
(#993)
Old

Car: 07 335i Cp
Default 01-29-2011, 11:21 AM

when will there be a JB4 version that you can simply leave in and not worry about updates. The whole routing a cable through for updates is a bit tedious. Any chip updates like JB3?

And whats the consensus on how to route the Usb cable?
(#994)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 01-29-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alq80
And whats the consensus on how to route the Usb cable?
I think most have it going through the hole in the firewall where the ECU is. That is where mine is ran through.

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#995)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Most leave cable in the engine bay under the black cover. Then run it in the window for updates when needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#996)
Old

Car: 135i and M3 E30 Evo III
Send a message via Skype™ to Babyjoe1973
Default 01-29-2011, 11:41 AM

I did the same! Every time for data-logging or firmware update it is the best place!

@elsabor67: Where are you located in Germany? Do you come to the Public Race Days on Hockenheimring this year?

BMW M3 F80 ZCP
(#997)
Old

Default 01-29-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Most leave cable in the engine bay under the black cover. Then run it in the window for updates when needed.
is there a photo showing how to route it through? I never looked before, and I might have to do this once (if LOL) I get a JB4.
(#998)
Old

Default 01-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Wait nevermind, I know what you mean now, makes sense. And does the car have to be ON for the JB4 to communicate? And finally, just to make sure, the USB cable is basically coming out of the white ECU box and just left there until needed correct? Does that damage the cable?
(#999)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-29-2011, 05:04 PM

So the JB4/dci is the first tune on my 335i and it's great. How do you guys with 6MT launch? I used to leave DCT on (button pushed once) all the time unless it's wet. Now I've found that I just spin tires when i try to launch with it on . I find I can get going faster (and still spin a little tire) if I leave DCT off (the default). I have to wonder if that is putting too much strain on the rear suspension with the car trying to keep traction? I have stock 18s with runflats (for now).
(#1000)
Old

Default 01-29-2011, 11:34 PM

2000rpm, slip clutch and get car moving, WOT (gradually) and disengage clutch quickly then