N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Stage2 has autodelete. Short term you can leave the CT plugged in with autodelete turned on as well.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#427)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 01-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Hey Terry, I know you are working on the JB4 but was wondering if there was any news or changes on expected gains with the stage 2 n55. I know there have been a lot of advances with the CAN stuff, how is that gonna effect stage 2?
(#428)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Haven't done much with the N55 lately, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#429)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Moved support request posts to the support section.

Burger Motorsports

(#430)
Old

Car: 135is DCT
Default 01-22-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Haven't done much with the N55 lately, sorry.
would remap & boost @ 1.1 - 1.3 kill the d/v on the N55 ?
sa says dv is gone & gota change that with turbo cos 1 unit !!
any upgraded dv's for N55 ?

Last edited by babyboss; 01-22-2011 at 01:26 AM..
(#431)
Old

Default 01-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Is the jb3 n55 the same thing as the jb3 n54?

When should we expect jb4 n55 and how much would it cost to upgrade if I ordered the jb3 n55? Thanks.

(#432)
Old
The Beast

Car: X5 35i Premium
Default 01-22-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboss
any upgraded dv's for N55 ?
The DV on the N55 is internal, it's not an external component like the N54... Its physically located on the turbo housing (n55) and is electronically controlled... So until someone designs a re-designed turbo manifold housing for the N55, their is no way to get a DV on the N55...

JB3 N55 X5 (the 1st) / Boopie 3" Dual Exhaust/ Matte-Black Grille/ Boopie Custom FMIC/ K&N Drop in Filter / LUX AE
Future Mods: ???
Next big purchase: RUGER SR-556sc
(#433)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin
Is the jb3 n55 the same thing as the jb3 n54?

When should we expect jb4 n55 and how much would it cost to upgrade if I ordered the jb3 n55? Thanks.
No, they are different platforms. We're working on the Stage2 N55 tuning concurrently but wrapping up the N54 beta release has been our main priority. Don't worry though, I've got an N55 in the driveway and the need for speed.

Burger Motorsports

(#434)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 01-22-2011, 04:30 PM

sweet cant wait for stuff to come out
(#435)
Old

Default 01-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Hey Terry, any comment on this:

Quote:
If this new integrated electronic dv can't take much boost it seems like this could be a major stumbling block for tuning the N55 (?) Anyone else getting or hearing about N55 dv failures with their intial JB3 or Procede tunes?
(#436)
Old

Default 01-23-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No, they are different platforms. We're working on the Stage2 N55 tuning concurrently but wrapping up the N54 beta release has been our main priority. Don't worry though, I've got an N55 in the driveway and the need for speed.
I meant as far as the features go. Sounds good I might have to wait for stage2 then :D

(#437)
Old
The Beast

Default 01-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwrefugee
Hey Terry, any comment on this:

If this new integrated electronic dv can't take much boost it seems like this could be a major stumbling block for tuning the N55 (?) Anyone else getting or hearing about N55 dv failures with their intial JB3 or Procede tunes?
No issues here with my dv, and i've been running the JB3 on my ride since 1200 miles (sitting at 3300 miles now). Only issues i've had are related to the HPFP and long cranks.

JB3 N55 X5 (the 1st) / Boopie 3" Dual Exhaust/ Matte-Black Grille/ Boopie Custom FMIC/ K&N Drop in Filter / LUX AE
(#438)
Old

Default 01-23-2011, 10:40 AM

I have about 8,500 on my tune and no issues
(#439)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM

8500 here as well.. I do think the turbos and dv have gotten much louder though.

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#440)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 01-23-2011, 10:23 PM

10k running 14psi plus and still holding.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#441)
Old

Default 01-24-2011, 07:27 PM

So far so good, I guess. I too have had the JB3 on my N55 for about 8,500km with no apparent DV issues.
(#442)
Old

Car: 2011 X5 Sport
Default 01-25-2011, 07:54 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this DV acronym stand for ?
(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM

Diverter valve

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old
The Beast

Default 01-25-2011, 08:53 PM

Damn beat me to it... It really sucked when i found out i couldn't use my forge dv's from my 335 on the X5...

(#445)
Old

Car: 2011 X5 Sport
Default 01-25-2011, 09:47 PM

Thanks !
(#446)
Old

Default 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM

Any updates on stage2 ?
(#447)
Old
**1er Lover**

Car: 135i
Default 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanDun
Any updates on stage2 ?
+ 1000000

*'08 135i vert Jet Black/Coral Red + Premium + ///Msport + JB3 + BMS DCI* (retired )
*'11 135i dct Le Mans/Black Premium + ///Msport + JB3 Stg.1 + BMW Perf. Exhaust + HPA Foam Filter
(#448)
Old
The Beast

Default 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM

Im sure Terry hasn't forgotten about us N55 owners... I'm sure he'll update this thread when he does have something to update it with...

(#449)
Old
In my hoopdy I be swervin

Car: 135I
Default 02-02-2011, 10:30 AM

135i with jb3 and kl intercooler (big TOM) i abuse the living **** out of this poor Black Mens Wish no problems with the dv, i had a few codes come up tho :-(
(#450)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM

No updates for Stage2 yet. But put in a few hours a week on it and we're making good progress.

Burger Motorsports