N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 01-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Unfortunately there isn't any mac software. You're best bet is to run an emulator like Parallels or BootCamp and use the software that way. The other options (which I know a few members besides myself have done) is to buy a small and relatively inexpensive Netbook for use solely in the car for JB updates and logging. Downloading updates (firmware & interface) is VERY easy, you'll have no problem. Look at Terry's instructions on the JB3 page about updating software and you'll be all set.
(#627)
Old

Car: 135i Cabrio, 6sp, M-Sport
Default 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM

So....I just installed a JB4. Everything works fine and I can control the unit from the steering wheel. One major issue,,,,I cannot connect to the unit via a laptop. Every time I try, I get a Failed COM1 message. Any advice? Am I missing a step in the connection process? thank you in advance
(#628)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon133
So....I just installed a JB4. Everything works fine and I can control the unit from the steering wheel. One major issue,,,,I cannot connect to the unit via a laptop. Every time I try, I get a Failed COM1 message. Any advice? Am I missing a step in the connection process? thank you in advance
Need to check which COM port your computer has assigned to the USB slot you're plugged into and change it accordingly on the settings page of the JB software. See the JB3 instructions for more on this
(#629)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Did you change the comm port setting inthe interface?

Need to specify which port the USB iscinnected to.
(#630)
Old

Default 01-08-2011, 02:09 PM

Could you point me to the JB3 instructions on the subject? I cannot find anything about this.....Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTZ1010
Need to check which COM port your computer has assigned to the USB slot you're plugged into and change it accordingly on the settings page of the JB software. See the JB3 instructions for more on this
(#631)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 01-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Could you point me to the JB3 instructions on the subject? I cannot find anything about this.....Thanks
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8035
(#632)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 01-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
when you download the interface, look inside the content, there should be one file called "read me first", also there should be a jpg file to show you how to configure your port setting.

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#633)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-08-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds like you swapped the white and black connectors. But as always be sure to EMAIL US for any technical support needs. We don't check the forums as often.
Lol that was exactly it all working and about to take her out for a spin but the roads are soaked

(#634)
Old

Default 01-08-2011, 02:48 PM

THANK GOD you guys are here. I am up and running!!! Thank you for your help. I have been an Apple user for too long and forgot all about port settings.
(#635)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2011, 02:51 PM

I'll be out most of the day, but if any of you want to test the code reading firmware upload this and let me know.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#636)
Old
JB4 FTW!!!

Car: 2010 535i MSport
Default 01-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Terry,

Any chance the steering wheel controls, etc will ever work on a 535?
(#637)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2011, 07:03 PM

They are all 535i compatible right now.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#638)
Old

Default 01-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Hay T kinda off topic but if i was to order the Jb4 upgrade when you release the next batch would it have the option to delete/check codes, Reset adaptations?

N54 coupe coming soon
(#639)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM

The upgrades are shipping with 12/21 firmware, right now. Not sure if 1/1 will be tested before we ship the next 75. Worst case you just update it with the laptop. And 12/21 can also read/delete codes via dash. Adaption resets are loaded but I still need to test so likely will come after 1/1 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#640)
Old

Car: E92 335i, E30 327i
Default 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'll be out most of the day, but if any of you want to test the code reading firmware upload this and let me know.
This is the new firmware for jb4?

Mk7 Gti Dsg: 298whp
E30 332i: Race Car.
(#641)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernflex
This is the new firmware for jb4?
Yes, threw it up for a few to test.

Burger Motorsports

(#642)
Old

Default 01-09-2011, 05:49 AM

I am going to ask another new bee question. So, I installed my JB4 yesterday and took it for a short drive last night. It was 19 degrees and I didn't push the car hard, but I got an idea of just how much difference the tune makes. It's a good thing . I really wanted to try map2, but all gas stations around where I live only carry 91(BMS recommends 93 for map2). So, I bought octane booster and ran map2 after I topped up the car with more 91+octAne booster. Was that a smart thing to do? Can a can of octane booster equal filling up with 93 at the pump? Can one just fill up with 87 and then add a 10 point octane booster and defacto run on 97? I know there are some learned people out there, please advise. Thank you in advance.
(#643)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 01-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Always use the highest pump gas available; in the USA, 91 or 93. I wouldn't trust a can of octane booster to give more than a point or two, because it might not mix thoroughly. There are actual octane additive tests out there by independent labs .... I'd like to see them before i trust the effectiveness and consistency.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#644)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-09-2011, 08:47 AM

I would recommend NOT to use any sort of octane booster. Based on what I saw from my spark plugs from my previous car (which I used NOS octane booster), my plugs were orange. The MMT does raise octane, but I don't think it's worth it in the long run. Run a lower map, or get unleaded race gas. When you get the funds, invest in a good Meth kit.
(#645)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Octane boosters don't' generally work. Although the NOS race formula w/ MMT does OK as mentioned above.

Burger Motorsports

(#646)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 01-09-2011, 10:23 AM

With ********* ***, maddad mid *****/axle back, BMS intake, JB4 and 93 octane should I be running map 2?
(#647)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2011, 10:27 AM

Yes that is OK.

Burger Motorsports

(#648)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 01-09-2011, 11:13 AM

Terry, have you seen any logs of anyone running map 2 on 92 oct? Car feels good on it but I don't want to risk it..
(#649)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 01-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Just got the JB4 last night and loving it so far, but have a couple of noob questions. Can someone explain what exactly gauge hijacking does, also how long will it take for the jb4 to completely adapt to my car.
(#650)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensi
Terry, have you seen any logs of anyone running map 2 on 92 oct? Car feels good on it but I don't want to risk it..
Email one in!

Burger Motorsports