N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old
Dirty Dog's Avatar
Dirty Dog Dirty Dog is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 135i
Default 01-05-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Upgrades are not in stock yet. If you already have a JB3 though it's a lot cheaper to upgrade, if waiting a few more days is worth saving some cash.
The whole JB4 upgrade has many puppies confused but there will surely be one thing that Terry will never forget and that is the question 'WHEN WILL THE JB4 BE RELEASED'.

Terry you must have had nightmares about the JB4 and the way to realese it to your many thousands of customers.

You've done really well. I think it's time for a holiday to Australia, but there is just one catch when you do come you have to install my meth kit.
Reply With Quote
(#552)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,599
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Yes but I suppose too much demand is a good problem to have!


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#553)
Old
pjK pjK is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Car: 2009 e92 335i
Default 01-05-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes but I suppose too much demand is a good problem to have!
you deserve it


2009 335i JB/SB | JB3 2.0 | Stett Charge pipe | Synapse BOV | AFE Intake + Scoops | Hardwired V1 | 6K Pinnacle HID Angel Eyes | Gloss black grills | and more
Reply With Quote
(#554)
Old
Dirty Dog's Avatar
Dirty Dog Dirty Dog is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 135i
Default 01-05-2011, 11:31 PM

Terry I just noticed their's a new Alpha interface 1/1, is this correct?

Also before downloading this new interface do I have to removed the old interface from my computer first?

I'm hopeless when it comes to this sort of thing.
Reply With Quote
(#555)
Old
dc5_champ88 dc5_champ88 is offline
Can I haz boost?
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2010
Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 01-05-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Upgrades are not in stock yet. If you already have a JB3 though it's a lot cheaper to upgrade, if waiting a few more days is worth saving some cash.
PLEASEEEE let us kno (me first lol) when upgrades are in stock...i feel like a giddy school boy waiting for this..


Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
Reply With Quote
(#556)
Old
LostMarine's Avatar
LostMarine LostMarine is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 689
Join Date: Jun 2009
Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 01-06-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Terry I just noticed their's a new Alpha interface 1/1, is this correct?Also before downloading this new interface do I have to removed the old interface from my computer first?

I'm hopeless when it comes to this sort of thing.
i just updated today! man i need to get caught up..
Reply With Quote
(#557)
Old
ezatnova's Avatar
ezatnova ezatnova is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2008
Car: 335i Coupe
Question 0-60 display with CAN? - 01-06-2011, 05:54 AM

Terry,

What is the feasibility of having a "0-60" mode where, within the dash display, it would show the value of time between the car going from 0-60? I'd imagine all of the components are there, within what the car "knows", but I wasn't sure if that's even a possibility. Would be a cool little bonus.
Reply With Quote
(#558)
Old
SlicktopTTZ's Avatar
SlicktopTTZ SlicktopTTZ is offline
Turbo Lover
 
Posts: 190
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-06-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Terry,

What is the feasibility of having a "0-60" mode where, within the dash display, it would show the value of time between the car going from 0-60? I'd imagine all of the components are there, within what the car "knows", but I wasn't sure if that's even a possibility. Would be a cool little bonus.
I know it's possible because the new Rixster PnP boost gauge has a 0-60 function built in, and it is able to read CAN data now.
Reply With Quote
(#559)
Old
nastye92 nastye92 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: E92
Default 01-06-2011, 08:24 AM

Im new to the whoel JB thing soo i was wondering how do you do the firmware updates, and are there any instructions on how to change the setting or chose what map you want, and how do i know what map im supposed to be running on my car?????
Reply With Quote
(#560)
Old
dc5_champ88 dc5_champ88 is offline
Can I haz boost?
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2010
Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 01-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastye92
Im new to the whoel JB thing soo i was wondering how do you do the firmware updates, and are there any instructions on how to change the setting or chose what map you want, and how do i know what map im supposed to be running on my car?????

read

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...402#post121402
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...64&postcount=2 <--- for JB3 2.0


Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
Reply With Quote
(#561)
Old
MusclezMarinara's Avatar
MusclezMarinara MusclezMarinara is offline
Ma need more protein !
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-06-2011, 09:56 AM

Woohoo new software !

Any update on the cooling method yet terry?



2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas

Last edited by MusclezMarinara; 01-06-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#562)
Old
4CEFED 4CEFED is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Car: E92 335i
Default 01-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara
Woohoo new software !

Any update on the cooling method yet terry?
What new software? The latest firmware is 12/22 that I know of. Are you referring to the new interface? Two different things.


Still not faster then a Crown Vic!!!
Reply With Quote
(#563)
Old
MusclezMarinara's Avatar
MusclezMarinara MusclezMarinara is offline
Ma need more protein !
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-06-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CEFED
What new software? The latest firmware is 12/22 that I know of. Are you referring to the new interface? Two different things.
Firmware is 12/22
Interface - software

yes the new "interface" with code reading



2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
Reply With Quote
(#564)
Old
4CEFED 4CEFED is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Car: E92 335i
Default 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara
Firmware is 12/22
Interface - software

yes the new "interface" with code reading
OK. I thought I miss something here. I was confused about your excitement cause code reading on the new interface won't be available till the next firmware update. Right now they are just a screen shot of what's coming.


Still not faster then a Crown Vic!!!
Reply With Quote
(#565)
Old
MusclezMarinara's Avatar
MusclezMarinara MusclezMarinara is offline
Ma need more protein !
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CEFED
OK. I thought I miss something here. I was confused about your excitement cause code reading on the new interface won't be available till the next firmware update. Right now they are just a screen shot of what's coming.
Terry and the JB gang like to tease us lol

but im loving the JB4 !



2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
Reply With Quote
(#566)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,599
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
i just updated today! man i need to get caught up..
I posted the 1/1 interface up as it's too large to email. But still testing the 1/1 firmware internally. Code reading via interface won't work until you also have the 1/1 firmware.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#567)
Old
MusclezMarinara's Avatar
MusclezMarinara MusclezMarinara is offline
Ma need more protein !
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-06-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I posted the 1/1 interface up as it's too large to email. But still testing the 1/1 firmware internally. Code reading via interface won't work until you also have the 1/1 firmware.
How do we get the new firmware terry



2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
Reply With Quote
(#568)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,599
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM

You just wait a little until we test and post it!


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#569)
Old
CasperSYTFU's Avatar
CasperSYTFU CasperSYTFU is offline
SYTFU Crew
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-06-2011, 12:08 PM

Thanks for posting those links up.
Any chance for a more detailed break down of the current Maps for the JB4?
(First post here from E90post. Can't wait for my JB4)


Reply With Quote
(#570)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,599
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-06-2011, 12:09 PM

That is in the first post of this thread!


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#571)
Old
CasperSYTFU's Avatar
CasperSYTFU CasperSYTFU is offline
SYTFU Crew
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-06-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That is in the first post of this thread!
Thanks Terry, I'm pretty new to this for Bimmers lol
But can you describe the difference between Map 0 and 4? and does a Map 5 exist?
Sorry for the beginner questions!


Reply With Quote
(#572)
Old
MusclezMarinara's Avatar
MusclezMarinara MusclezMarinara is offline
Ma need more protein !
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperSYTFU
Thanks Terry, I'm pretty new to this for Bimmers lol
But can you describe the difference between Map 0 and 4? and does a Map 5 exist?
Sorry for the beginner questions!

Casper if your running alpha jb4

i believe only Map 1-2-6 are active at this time

and thanks terry patiently awaiting



2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
Reply With Quote
(#573)
Old
CasperSYTFU's Avatar
CasperSYTFU CasperSYTFU is offline
SYTFU Crew
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Thanks Marinara!
All good!


Reply With Quote
(#574)
Old
OldBooster's Avatar
OldBooster OldBooster is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 336
Join Date: May 2009
Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM

Regarding JB4:
1. Installed JB4 today, started up, rough idle and half-engine light.
2. BT cable showed Code 3100 "Boost deactivated"
3. Warmed engine and restarted a few times and half engine light went out.
4. Idle better, but still have the Code 3100
Will this go away?

5. I have downloaded to my laptop the latest firmware and interface.
6. Do I remove the JB3 from my laptop and install the new 1/1 interface?
7. If so, will "JB4" show up so I can add that icon to my desktop for connecting?
8. Will I have to go through the "com port" search again?

Thanks to all for guidance. It means a lot to me (and others, I suppose). Larry

5.


Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
Reply With Quote
(#575)
Old
MusclezMarinara's Avatar
MusclezMarinara MusclezMarinara is offline
Ma need more protein !
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
Regarding JB4:
1. Installed JB4 today, started up, rough idle and half-engine light.
2. BT cable showed Code 3100 "Boost deactivated"
3. Warmed engine and restarted a few times and half engine light went out.
4. Idle better, but still have the Code 3100
Will this go away?

5. I have downloaded to my laptop the latest firmware and interface.
6. Do I remove the JB3 from my laptop and install the new 1/1 interface?
7. If so, will "JB4" show up so I can add that icon to my desktop for connecting?
8. Will I have to go through the "com port" search again?

Thanks to all for guidance. It means a lot to me (and others, I suppose). Larry

5.
Go back and double check all connections the new harness connections can be easily missed id say retrace your steps..make sure you leave the key away from the car (if CA) and let the ECU sit inactive for 15 minutes.



2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com