N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-25-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJslickxX
Just wait for a thread that says ALPHA testers needed, Send the money for the upgrade, Install and your good.

On another note terry would like you to post logs, not mind updating software etc. something alot of us dont mind
How much is the upgrade and wouldnt i need to send in my core from the jb3?

09 BMW 135i-JB4 MAP 7,ER Intercooler,ER Chargepipe,Tial Blow Off Valve,Riss Racing Turbo Back,BMS Intakes,104 Octane
(#352)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2010, 07:20 PM

We make threads for alpha testers as inventory is available. Check that last one for more info.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#353)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Added the 12/22 firmware to the first post and will start posting firmware updates as we have them there now.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#354)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 12-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added the 12/22 firmware to the first post and will start posting firmware updates as we have them there now.
the interface photo shows the default/recommended values, yes?
(#355)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Dear BMS,

i hate you for always improving your products and making the the enhancements affordable upgrades.

And to top your superior customer service, this really screws up the measure of quality in all other professional affairs in my life.

Bastards.

Thanks,

Jason

P.S. I can't WAIT. You guys freaking ROCK SO HARD.
(#356)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
the interface photo shows the default/recommended values, yes?
Right!

Burger Motorsports

(#357)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 12-25-2010, 09:14 PM

man these updates are coming so fast! i havent even contributed since the track logs, i feel horrible time to get movin on it i guess!
(#358)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 12-25-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
man these updates are coming so fast! i havent even contributed since the track logs, i feel horrible time to get movin on it i guess!
i haven't been able to contribute anything because of how poorly my car has been running

hopefully will change after the recalls and the snow clears
(#359)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-26-2010, 02:09 PM

hi terry, on the new firmware, can set the boost reduce to 0 instead of default 2 and 3 in 1st/2nd gear? i swear i read the post about it but now i couldn't find it no more.

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#360)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Yes, set those to 0 to disable. 0 is the default.

Burger Motorsports

(#361)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 12-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, set those to 0 to disable. 0 is the default.
not on mine....lol

tbh i didn't notice mine were set at 1 & 64 until T pointed it out! Complete duh moment on my part. I was too anxious to get it installed and start playing. Plus I wanted to get it on asap to do some logs for T. Speaking of which, T if you need anymore logs lemme know! Snow and close to 0 degree F weather have yet to stop me.

Last edited by Darkcyd335xi; 12-26-2010 at 05:41 PM..
(#362)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Yes some older versions used those fields to record other pieces of data we wanted. So reset to defaults.

Burger Motorsports

(#363)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM

Hey Terry, sent you some logs. Want to make sure you got them.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#364)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockin330i
Hey Terry, sent you some logs. Want to make sure you got them.
I did. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#365)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 12-26-2010, 06:57 PM

Any new updates for the jb4?

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#366)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2010, 07:09 PM

See first post for latest "public" alpha.

Burger Motorsports

(#367)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
See first post for latest "public" alpha.
Anyone verify that the latest release fixes the gauge sticking issue? I had issues with my timing gauge sticking but with the blizzard and all, I can't really get out there to test!

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#368)
Old
Amazing Asian

Car: E93
Default 12-28-2010, 03:17 PM

If these are the available maps:

Map 0: Stock bypass. This is the only map you may use a BT cable with.
Map 1: 13psi (suggested for 91 octane)
Map 2: 14.5psi (suggested for 93 octane)
Map 3: Progressive meth (see guide to enable)
Map 4: Stock map w/ CAN active. Soon to be our economy map.
Map 6: Custom map. Active but be careful with it.
Map 7: 16.5psi. A light weight race map.

What the hell did I use when I put map 5 in? Old habits...

I pay $3.00 per gallon for race gas.
(#369)
Old
Amazing Asian

Default 12-28-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Anyone verify that the latest release fixes the gauge sticking issue? I had issues with my timing gauge sticking but with the blizzard and all, I can't really get out there to test!
No issues with gauge stick. Been driving with boost and timing gauges running.

(#370)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMASIAN
If these are the available maps:

Map 0: Stock bypass. This is the only map you may use a BT cable with.
Map 1: 13psi (suggested for 91 octane)
Map 2: 14.5psi (suggested for 93 octane)
Map 3: Progressive meth (see guide to enable)
Map 4: Stock map w/ CAN active. Soon to be our economy map.
Map 6: Custom map. Active but be careful with it.
Map 7: 16.5psi. A light weight race map.

What the hell did I use when I put map 5 in? Old habits...
Any map selected not on that list acts like map 1.

Burger Motorsports

(#371)
Old
Amazing Asian

Default 12-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Haha, good to know. Feels wonderful. Excellent job. The new user interface and on the fly adjustability bring it worlds above the JB3... You really went above and beyond.

(#372)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 12-28-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
I had that too the other day (12/12 firmware). I thought it was something I did, but it'd be cool if the update fixes it. Just uploaded 12/22. Ill give it a test with the new firmware.

Edit: Not sticking anymore.

Last edited by FoShizzle; 12-28-2010 at 06:01 PM..
(#373)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM

can you use/adjust the CAN stuff via steering wheel while moving/car running? (i know not suggested and highly discouraged, but curious if physically possible)
(#374)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Sure, as long as the applied throttle is less than 40% it will let you in the menu. While in the menu the tuning functions as if you were on map 0. I read codes, change maps, change gauges, etc, driving around all the time.

Burger Motorsports

(#375)
Old
www.thealphasolution.com

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 12-28-2010, 06:01 PM

When I go to read codes, it flashes the hazards a few times, stops, then flashes a few more. How are you suppose to read the codes?