White moves to gray 14, brown to gray 1, and light red to white 17
Checkmate
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM

lol!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM

oh boy, at first when i look at the wiring DIY, i thought its gonna be very confusing and hard. i couldn't believe i could do it! just pay attention of which wires you are gonna mess with and it is very straight forward. thanks Terry!

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#154)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izaglo
Read the last few pages on the thread..The JB4 looks very promising...As one who has the JB3 and loving it....looking forward more to the smoothness of the JB4 than the power..Being there are many testers of the JB4 out there .... i am sure the question that has been asked many times ....When will the JB4 be available??? so us JB3 users can upgrade???? Had to take my JB3 out for a dealer visit,,,and can't wait to put it back in..or better yet put in the JB4....
THIS!

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
(#155)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM

We're simultaneously working on testing/firmware updates and producing a large volume of them. Won't be too much longer before we add another group of 100. No, don't email me.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#156)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Valet Switch Question - 12-07-2010, 12:04 PM

Terry,

With the addition of the switched power and JB4 going into full bypass with no power, is it safe to put a manual switch inline to disable the JB4. Was thinking of putting it in the glove box so you could disable the JB4 and lock the glove box to prevent a punkass who happens to know how to work the JB4 from destroying my car
(#157)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM

It should work but I haven't really tested it. It's not likely someone will know how to work the steering wheel controls though. Just do it that way. You'll even be able to put it in transport mode limiting RPM to 4500.

Burger Motorsports

(#158)
Old

Car: E92
Default 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It should work but I haven't really tested it. It's not likely someone will know how to work the steering wheel controls though. Just do it that way. You'll even be able to put it in transport mode limiting RPM to 4500.
Speaking of Transport mode, I was just driving my car with Transport mode on just to see what it does, and I thought why not make this into "Valet mode".

Cool to see that it will be implemented on JB4!

Some mods...|
(#159)
Old
Boost

Car: The Short Bus
Default 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM

I'd rather see 2500 for valet mode
(#160)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 12-07-2010, 02:27 PM

How about windows and sunroof can not be rolled down/opened in valet mode. This is for all of those valets that feel the need to roll the windows down when they are parking and fail to roll them up right before a big storm blows through. *******s!

Mods: FBO
(#161)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 12-07-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
We're simultaneously working on testing/firmware updates and producing a large volume of them. Won't be too much longer before we add another group of 100. No, don't email me.
Terry! If you need more testers, my buddy has as a jb3 pinout and we'd love nothing more than to help out! He says he can break the 11.5 record, and I wouldnt put it passed him.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#162)
Old

Default 12-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrufy
I'd rather see 2500 for valet mode
I feel the same, you can have too much fun letting the car go up to 4500

412 on pump with rb's JB4LIFE

stock
(#163)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2010, 02:47 PM

I would love to limit it to 2500rpm but we like to take what BMW leaves on the table first. The 4500rpm limit is built in with no development time needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#164)
Old

Default 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I would love to limit it to 2500rpm but we like to take what BMW leaves on the table first. The 4500rpm limit is built in with no development time needed.
gotcha

412 on pump with rb's JB4LIFE

stock
(#165)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-07-2010, 10:25 PM

The wiring part is easy just pay attention as you do it obviously and it should be cake. If you know the difference between colors, you can do it. If not, then i guess speak to terry lmao.

'09 BMW 135i
Full-Bolt on || VC2 CM || Drag Radials || JB4
(#166)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2010, 11:37 PM

Yes it's pretty easy. But we'll also offer a mail in program for $20 or so plus return shipping. And poor Eric here will do the harness mods for you with a one week turn around timeframe.

Burger Motorsports

(#167)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 12-08-2010, 06:15 AM

God Bless Eric! That is not going to be fun!

Jb3 2.0| Bms Dci | Active Autowerke ********* Dp's | Coolingmist Cmgs-Fs & M8 Injector | Evolution Racewerks Stainless Steel CP w/ N20 Bung and Methanol Bung | Evolution Racewerks Methanol Elbow w/Bung | Rixter Vent Gauge

135i | Alpine White| M Sport | 2009 |
(#168)
Old

Car: E92 335i, E30 327i
Default 12-08-2010, 09:12 AM

Anyone in Puerto Rico that needs help with the harness let me know is very simple!

Mk7 Gti Dsg: 298whp
E30 332i: Race Car.
(#169)
Old

Default 12-08-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
how do you put it in transport mode?
(#170)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garef001
how do you put it in transport mode?
I haven't put it in the alpha release yet. Need to do a little more testing to ensure it can't get stuck on, etc. That would ruin someones day.

Burger Motorsports

(#171)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 08'-545i 05'smg- civic 95' 600whp
Default 12-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I haven't put it in the alpha release yet. Need to do a little more testing to ensure it can't get stuck on, etc. That would ruin someones day.
I send my logs
(#172)
Old
m power

Car: 135i
Default 12-09-2010, 12:50 PM

Terry did you have time to test JB4 with MT trans How is the progress on trying to eliminate shift bog? Do you still have to adjust the bogfix value manually like the jb3 board depending on the ecu version? Thanks
(#173)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2010, 12:55 PM

We have quite a few manual testers and the bog is something we're keeping an eye on. So far at 16.5psi, no bog. Even with the active bogfix disabled. Once we get a bogger we'll develop the active bog fix for the JB4. It will just be an on/off type thing as all the data need to do it comes from the CAN system now. Rather than users having to guess and adjust.

Burger Motorsports

(#174)
Old

Car: Blk '07 335i e92, 6MT, iForged 19's
Default 12-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Is it first come first served? Or is there a list already to purchase?! (JB3 2.0 to trade here)
(#175)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 12-09-2010, 02:57 PM

6mt user right here! T, hopefully ill be installing tn. Ill be sure to email.