N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 11-28-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j x k
Received the JB4 in the mail, havent had time to install it yet though. Will keep you updated T
Lame, I remember when I got my jb3 stage 1 for the n55. I walked out of work and put it on lol.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#102)
Old
Sweet Zombie Jesus!

Default 11-28-2010, 06:09 PM

Hey Terry, How far (if at all) are your programmer's skills from outputting to LCDs on the PICs?

I think having some of the JB4's information be available on the iDrive screen would be superb (like the Nissan GTR)

Just a thought :D

Eat Me
(#103)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Anything like that would need to run through the CAN interface and there isn't provisions built in to the nav computer to go do what we'd like. But there are a lot of various opportunities to display information. Just takes a varying amount of time to get done.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old
Got Boost?

Car: 2010 135i
Default 11-29-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Anything like that would need to run through the CAN interface and there isn't provisions built in to the nav computer to go do what we'd like. But there are a lot of various opportunities to display information. Just takes a varying amount of time to get done.
This ^^^ sounds promising

2009 BMW 135i MT, Jet Black, ///M Sport, Premium - JB4|JB4 Backend Flash|BMS DCI|Raceland cattless ***|BMS Chargepipe|TiAL BOV|Golf Tee|Tint|Breyton GTS-R Wheels|Nitto NT05s
SOLD - 2010 BMW 135i AT, Alpine White, ///M Sport - JB4|BMS DCI|Macht Schnell 3" cattless ***|Golf Tee|33% Tint|Nitto NT555s|///M Pedals

2015 MkVII GTI MT, Pure White - Forge BOV|Nitto NT555s --DD / Wifey's Car--
(#105)
Old

Default 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Has there been any discussion for detuning the car? I think it would be great to turn off the turbos and run N/A during the work commute and switch the turbos on when we want.

For someone like me that commutes almost 5 hrs a day... this could be huge gas savings.
(#106)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 11-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike
Has there been any discussion for detuning the car? I think it would be great to turn off the turbos and run N/A during the work commute and switch the turbos on when we want.

For someone like me that commutes almost 5 hrs a day... this could be huge gas savings.
turn off the turbos.....

get a beater car for your commuting then.

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
(#107)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:

I would actually argue that the turbos...help gas mileage. Besides, on the hwy I still get 30mpg on map7 JB3 and Map1 JB4.

Quickest ET - 12.016 @ 117.64mph
Fastest Trap - 12.089 @ 118.11mph
(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:

There isn't going to be any significant MPG saving turning off the turbos. If anything a slight drop. But if there is demand we can work on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#109)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 11-30-2010, 02:17 PM

I agree with the posts before me...turbos help efficiency, you will lose mpg by "turning off" the turbos.

www.ecomodder.com is a site dedicated to improving mpg...Examples: Accelerate slowly and gradually, keeping rpms low. Over inflating your tires can reduce frictional drag. Drive with windows up and AC on (if needed) for speeds >40mph, lowering your car, etc, etc.
(#110)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default 11-30-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
There isn't going to be any significant MPG saving turning off the turbos. If anything a slight drop. But if there is demand we can work on it.
I have found this to be the case with the limited time I had the Procede V5 beta. Granted I did not run NA mode for a whole tank but the onboard computer showed no gain in MPG.

(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2010, 08:57 PM

Also keep in mind you would need to measure tank to tank with the odometer. Tuning can play tricks with the cluster read out. But generally small turbos boost efficiency as you're recycling some of the heat wasted out of the exhaust. I could see how having 150hp would encourage you to drive slower though, and that would certainly save gas.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old
Tri-state installer

Car: E28 535
Send a message via AIM to Matt@Camber-Toe
Default 11-30-2010, 10:39 PM

On a stock car I managed to pull 510 miles on one tank of gas...took a lot of cruising at 70mph and using the AC.

My girls car averaged 420 with the jb3 on map 3 and she has an AT 335xi...so mileage is still pretty good on a tune!
(#113)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 11-30-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradd
I have found this to be the case with the limited time I had the Procede V5 beta. Granted I did not run NA mode for a whole tank but the onboard computer showed no gain in MPG.
the main benefit to running NA mode is saving the life of those poor turbos that see in excess of 18psi when owned by meth lovers like me

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#114)
Old

Default 12-01-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5_champ88
turn off the turbos.....

get a beater car for your commuting then.
lol. If I'm going to spend 1/3 of my day in the car... it will be in a car I enjoy not a beater.

It's a thought, if you're in traffic going into boost only eats up gas. Also, when it is snowy outside... it might be nice to have the car with less torque.
(#115)
Old

Default 12-01-2010, 01:06 AM

Just don't give it much gas and you'll never make boost I got 31.3 mpg on a +300 mile highway ride.. And that was cruising at 80 mph

412 on pump with rb's JB4LIFE

stock
(#116)
Old

Default 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Turning them off altogether would reduce efficiency as the exhaust gas is still being hampered by the turbo itself.

Setting it to 1 or 2 psi would be better wouldn't it?

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Did did two more local alpha installs. Finally have the boys back at work soldering so should be able to expand alpha soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default Local Alpha Tester, if you more?? - 12-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Did did two more local alpha installs. Finally have the boys back at work soldering so should be able to expand alpha soon.

Hi Terry,

First of All thanx again for your help installing my JB3 two months ago and for your hospitality. (my wife and son were there waiting, while you worked on it)

If you ever need to test the JB4 on my 2008 535i, please don't hesitate to call or email me.

You have my info and you can contact me anytime

Thanx again and keep up the great work

Adam
(#119)
Old

Thumbs up 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM

car feels great Terry. Its smoother and feels like its pulling harder
(#120)
Old
KGB

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 12-01-2010, 07:21 PM

hey Terry, can you also change the settings on JB4 so that when I turn on the car, it transforms into a lambo?

JB4 / BMS DCI / AR DP's / AMS FMIC / FORGE DV's / Etc...
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Caliber
hey Terry, can you also change the settings on JB4 so that when I turn on the car, it transforms into a lambo?
Definitely! Just paypal $280,000 to terry@burgertuning.com and I'll send you the code to unlock that feature.

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old

Car: 135i convertible
Default MT question - 12-01-2010, 08:50 PM

T,

Is the G4 going work fine for the 6MT guys? Just reading that folks are having issues with tire spins so am wondering....

JB3 2.0, Stett charge pipe with DV setup, Injen intake...
(#123)
Old

Car: e91 335i
Default 12-01-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Definitely! Just paypal $280,000 to terry@burgertuning.com and I'll send you the code to unlock that feature.
sounds like a good deal.
(#124)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 12-02-2010, 01:14 AM

LOL dont forget to mention send money as a gift!
Quote:
(#125)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 12-02-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwowner619
LOL dont forget to mention send money as a gift!
lol no paypal fees!

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...