N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2020, 08:15 AM

If you need tuning help post a JB4 log here and we can confirm it's running as it should be.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-22-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonso
hello,

I am new to this thread. I just installed the jb4 on my 2017 911.2 4s. right now I only have a BCM filter no other mods but i am installing the Soul *** bypass *****.

right now I have the jb4 on map 3 runnig 93 pumpo gas with some octane boost. I don't feel like i am getting any gains. i was boosting about 14psi at wot 6800 rpm, which is more or less where it was before.

anything I'm doing wrong? i looked to see if i needed an update but was a little apprehensive to start the process after reading the instructions. currently have JB4_PORSCHE-912_2_2.HEX firmware file version 9112/2//7.

thanks
Can you post a log so we can take a look?

Are you reading boost from the boost gauge on the car?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2017 911 4s
Default 04-22-2020, 11:30 AM

I attached a log of a few runs. I didn't realize the logs were combining into one giant file until i uploaded it. sorry.

the original problem I was having has been resolved. it was a slightly loose obdII connection and the gauges were not receiving any data. So i think the first time i tested, the jb4 wasn't actually doing anything.

The file i attached i did a few runs and when i get closet to redline jb4 auto switches to map 8. this happens whether i run map 1,2 or 3. i have an automatic pdk so i am not sure why any safety would kick in.

Not sure what the problem is but anytime i get heavy on the pedal the map switches to 8.

ill try and do some other runs and separate them appropriately.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20200422_1227_runs(6).zip (49.6 KB, 64 views)
(#29)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 11:37 AM

the file has most of he runs towards the end of the file.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2020, 01:58 PM

Hm when I open the file in the windows software nothing shows up. Combine log is the normal option and it should be left on auto mode so it only records at full throttle.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM

I was able to run a few more logs. Every time I step on it, the map changes to map 8, even if I am running map 0, it will still switch to map 8.

I disconnected from the app and now it will not reconnect. keeps giving me an error to check the hardware connection. I did, and everything is nice and snug.

not sure whats going on.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200422_154637_runs(1).csv (6.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: csv 20200422_154855_runs(1).csv (1.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: csv 20200422_154909_runs(1).csv (7.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: csv 20200422_155005_runs(1).csv (6.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: csv 20200422_160306_runs(1).csv (12.1 KB, 58 views)
(#32)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 02:02 PM

I added a few more logs. I separated them per run. I will reset the app to combine logs if that is easier.
(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-23-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I added a few more logs. I separated them per run. I will reset the app to combine logs if that is easier.
Set boost safety to 21 and grab another log on map 2.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Set boost safety to 21 and grab another log on map 2.
thanks Payam

I changed boost safety like you suggested and it worked. The map did not revert back to 8. I did a few runs on both map 2 and 3. i am attaching the log.

thanks for your help.

I am going to be adding the soul bypass pipe s which should be next week.

R
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200423_1719_runs(7).csv (73.9 KB, 68 views)
(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-23-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
thanks Payam

I changed boost safety like you suggested and it worked. The map did not revert back to 8. I did a few runs on both map 2 and 3. i am attaching the log.

thanks for your help.

I am going to be adding the soul bypass pipe s which should be next week.

R
Awesome!! Looks like you're making some more power on map 2 and 3 from what I can tell. Do you have any access to e85? Maybe throw a few gallons in to mix and bring the octane up a bit.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 04-24-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Awesome!! Looks like you're making some more power on map 2 and 3 from what I can tell. Do you have any access to e85? Maybe throw a few gallons in to mix and bring the octane up a bit.
I added some e85 fuel and rode around for a bit. for some reason, the boost safety reverted back to 0. I set it to 21 and ran on map 3, but it still switched to map 8.

when running map 2, it doesn't happen.

not sure what to make of it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200424_1219_runs(12).csv (127.0 KB, 59 views)
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM

I see the problem, bug on our side.

I posted the update to the app so you should be able to update it yourself, it's version 912 (for 911.2) v2.3

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 04-24-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I see the problem, bug on our side.

I posted the update to the app so you should be able to update it yourself, it's version 912 (for 911.2) v2.3
Ok, I updated the firmware and went for a spin. On map 3 it still switched back to map 8 at certain times. It doesn't do it on map 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200424_1931_runs(8).csv (76.3 KB, 65 views)
(#39)
Old

Default 04-24-2020, 06:03 PM

on the last log I posted right before the map switches to 8 it goes lean at 5345 rpm. timestamp 215.5 -

im running 30% e85 and 70% 93 pump.
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2020, 09:11 PM

Yes that's the lean run safety we have in there. How long has the E85 been in there? It may need a little more adaption. But if the last_safety = 2 continues then drop down in map until it doesn't. And if it comes up on even map1 then just go back to 93 octane.

We'll be exploring more aggressive E85 tuning in the future.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 04-25-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Yes that's the lean run safety we have in there. How long has the E85 been in there? It may need a little more adaption. But if the last_safety = 2 continues then drop down in map until it doesn't. And if it comes up on even map1 then just go back to 93 octane.

We'll be exploring more aggressive E85 tuning in the future.
thanks Terry
i went out a bit this morning and everything was running smooth. map 3 did not revert back to map 8.

i was wondering how to get a little more boost at lower rpm. i was reading that you can set the default waste-gate position higher so the turbine spools faster. can you elaborate a little on that and if so, where should i set it so i can get a little more boost at launch?

thanks,

R
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200425_0803_runs(4).csv (46.5 KB, 61 views)
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2020, 09:29 AM

Yes higher WGDC is needed for more boost up top, but at the moment we don't have that functionality included in the Porsche JB4 like we do for other models. It's something we'll be working on though!

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 04-25-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Yes higher WGDC is needed for more boost up top, but at the moment we don't have that functionality included in the Porsche JB4 like we do for other models. It's something we'll be working on though!
thanks

sounds good.
(#44)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 11:30 AM

Hey all,

I received my new IPD Plenum and Soul C.A.T. Delete P.i.p.e.s (PSE with the O2 sensor) and before installing these I want to make sure everything will run correctly or if i will have to flash the ecu in addition to the JB4?

thanks again
(#45)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Hey all,

I received my new IPD Plenum and Soul C.A.T. Delete P.i.p.e.s (PSE with the O2 sensor) and before installing these I want to make sure everything will run correctly or if i will have to flash the ecu in addition to the JB4?

thanks again
No need at all, the JB4 will adjust what's needed after a couple of pulls

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
No need at all, the JB4 will adjust what's needed after a couple of pulls
thanks.

installing them today. I will post some before and after logs for comparison.

Stay well.

R
(#47)
Old

Car: Porsche 991.2 Turbo S
Default First JB4 Log - 05-18-2020, 08:33 AM

Hi - I've had the JB4 on my 991.2 TTS for about a month. The car seems to be running great, and I really like the software interface. I'm not sure I "feel" as much difference on the butt dyno as I expected, but maybe that's because the car already feels so frickin' fast even stock tune.

I am attaching a log with 3 separate WOT pulls. Timestamp 0:00 to 117:75 is Map 2, 117:75 to 238:00 is Map 0, 238:00 to end is Map 3.

Car has stock cats with a Soul X-pipe as only mod. Fuel for all runs is E15. Runs are at about 5,700 ft elevation.

My questions about the logs are:

Do I have the right logging parameters turned on for you to evaluate? Are there any parameters I can turn off so the graph isn't cluttered with unhelpful data?

Do the logs look like everything is running correctly?

Do you see the impact of my high elevation, such as lower peak boost than you'd expect from cars at lower elevation?

Is the E15 looking to be an adequate fuel choice for Map 3?

If everything looks good, in the near future I plan to try Map 4 on 95 octane.

TIA!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200516_1156_runs(3).csv (33.5 KB, 63 views)
(#48)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 05-19-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezupra
Hi - I've had the JB4 on my 991.2 TTS for about a month. The car seems to be running great, and I really like the software interface. I'm not sure I "feel" as much difference on the butt dyno as I expected, but maybe that's because the car already feels so frickin' fast even stock tune.

I am attaching a log with 3 separate WOT pulls. Timestamp 0:00 to 117:75 is Map 2, 117:75 to 238:00 is Map 0, 238:00 to end is Map 3.

Car has stock cats with a Soul X-pipe as only mod. Fuel for all runs is E15. Runs are at about 5,700 ft elevation.

Do I have the right logging parameters turned on for you to evaluate? Are there any parameters I can turn off so the graph isn't cluttered with unhelpful data?

Do you see the impact of my high elevation, such as lower peak boost than you'd expect from cars at lower elevation?

TIA!
For a 991.2 TTS the base ECU boost request is lower than I have seen. My base was 17psi down low to 18.5 -19.0 up top.

Fuel octane might be hurting the base.

Looks like the JB4 is doing it's job by adding the target....it's just adding it to a lower than expected base.

Terry or Payum might have a few ideas.
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezupra

TIA!
Looks good overall. Update to the latest firmware first, we made a few mapping tweaks that may hold more boost up top.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Car: Porsche 991.2 Turbo S
Default 05-20-2020, 04:11 PM

In my 20+ years of multiple other forced induction cars, I've come to expect noticeably lower peak boost at my over a mile high elevation. Please explain/let me know if this car is somehow immune to the 20% less barometric pressure.

I updated the software at install just 4 - 6 weeks ago, but will sure check to see if that is not up to date.

Dragy and Dyno data coming soon.

Thanks Terry