N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2018 Porsche Cayman S
Default 11-21-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmunky
Just reinstalled my JB4 and updated the firmware to v3 and OMG!!! It seriously feels like an entirely different car! You guys must have fixed a lot of bugs with this latest firmware. I also noticed that the OEM boost gauge doesn't bounce around nearly as much!
@terry@bms, @payam@bms,

Noticed a bug in the new v3 firmware. No matter what map you have it set on, it always says "map 0" as soon as you click on settings, just FYI
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
@terry@bms, @payam@bms,

Noticed a bug in the new v3 firmware. No matter what map you have it set on, it always says "map 0" as soon as you click on settings, just FYI
Ah that is an app bug, android BETA? Donnie is working on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Just reinstalled my JB4 and updated the firmware to v3 and OMG!!! It seriously feels like an entirely different car! You guys must have fixed a lot of bugs with this latest firmware. I also noticed that the OEM boost gauge doesn't bounce around nearly as much!
Glad to hear it's working well. Post or email in some logs so I can check it out. terry@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Default 11-22-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Ah that is an app bug, android BETA? Donnie is working on it.
Yes, android beta. Thanks for your guys' continued effort!

Quote:
Glad to hear it's working well. Post or email in some logs so I can check it out. terry@burgertuning.com.
Terry, emailing you some before and after logs now
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2019, 09:26 PM

Got them, thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#56)
Old

Default 12-07-2019, 08:57 AM

Hey JB4 Team, any idea on when we might get the gear data pulled from the CANbus aside from it just constantly staying at 0?

Was also curious about oil temp, trans temp, and injector pulse width? Any possibility of making these data values available?
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2019, 09:07 AM

We're slowly working on it. No timeframe but the goal is to eventually populate all logging parameters!

With direct injection IPW isn't relevant. The injectors are so over sized because they have to be able to crank the engine at 60psi fuel pressure and then also accomidate 3000psi fuel pressure. It's the high pressure fuel pump that is the limiting factor and we monitor that.

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Car: BMW 135i E82 Coupe N54
Default 12-09-2019, 12:18 PM

Can anyone comment on how cars equipped with PDK transmission handle the tune (particularly S or GTS models)?
Any issues with shifting, slipping clutches,...?

If I understand correctly, the DME and PDK do not "know" about the increased torque due to the JB4, right?

I am wondering how much additional torque the PDK can handle with the stock torque tables, i.e., without adapting clamping pressures etc. correspondingly.

Are there problems to be expected, such as excessively fast clutch wear, without some kind of flash / transmission flash?
(#59)
Old

Default 12-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
We're slowly working on it. No timeframe but the goal is to eventually populate all logging parameters!

With direct injection IPW isn't relevant. The injectors are so over sized because they have to be able to crank the engine at 60psi fuel pressure and then also accomidate 3000psi fuel pressure. It's the high pressure fuel pump that is the limiting factor and we monitor that.
Ehh, I wouldn't go so far as to say that IPW is irrelevant on direct injection cars, considering that the IPW window gets smaller and smaller as the RPM's rise.... Hence why you see a lot of forced induction direct injection cars using secondary fueling in the form of port injection to be able to handle *extreme* power levels far beyond what the OEM fueling system is capable of. But yes, i agree that monitoring the HPFP is also crucial, and does directly correlate to IPW.
(#60)
Old

Car: 718 gts
Default 12-10-2019, 11:39 AM

Hello!, Just installed my JB4 with mobile (IPhone) on my 18 GTS 718. I updated the firmware. i did the patches in order. not sure if i needed to do that or not. I really do not feel and difference. I had it professionally installed. I do notice that the boost gauge does bounce. I am running Map 2 with 93. as soon as this tank is empty i will do a E85 and 93 blend and try map 4. I plan on having it on dyno on Friday. I guess what I am asking is what kind of gains on Map 2 and 4 should I see?
(#61)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-10-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastlerc
Hello!, Just installed my JB4 with mobile (IPhone) on my 18 GTS 718. I updated the firmware. i did the patches in order. not sure if i needed to do that or not. I really do not feel and difference. I had it professionally installed. I do notice that the boost gauge does bounce. I am running Map 2 with 93. as soon as this tank is empty i will do a E85 and 93 blend and try map 4. I plan on having it on dyno on Friday. I guess what I am asking is what kind of gains on Map 2 and 4 should I see?
Post up some logs so we can take a look. Map 0 and 2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#62)
Old

Default 12-10-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I only have a 2018 'S, but I installed the JB4 myself. Did you verify that the Obd2 cable is actually hooked up under the dash /steering wheel area?

Only reason I ask is because even on map 2,you should be seeing 2-3psi over stock. I run map 4 on my car with an ~E25 blend (2.5gallons per tank) and see almost 19psi (saw a peak of 18.3psi the other night, with no knock, running 18*of timing advance).

Bottom line, even on map 1,you should FEEL a difference. I know with my car, it is completely night and day with the JB4 installed.... Like 70-80whp/80-100ft.lbs. difference!
(#63)
Old

Default 12-12-2019, 08:38 PM

How do I post my log
(#64)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-12-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
How do I post my log
Click go advanced, on the top of the typing box you'll see a paperclip icon.
You'll be able to attach your CSV file for us to evaluate your log.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default Log - 12-12-2019, 09:22 PM

Map 4 e85 blend
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-12 08_44_05_Map-4 e85 blend.csv (266.4 KB, 71 views)
(#66)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-12-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Map 4 e85 blend
I would suggest lowering the map to map 1 for now and getting a log there. Your fuel trims are maxed out, what e85 ratio did you put?

I also suggest updating to the latest firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Car: BMW 135i E82 Coupe N54
Default 12-13-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
.... Like 70-80whp/80-100ft.lbs. difference!
Sounds like impressive gains! Do you have a manual or PDK? If PDK, any issues so far, like odd shifting or clutch slipping?

I am tempted to go for a 718 S with JB4, however, I want PDK, and that's what worries me the most right know.
(#68)
Old

Default 12-13-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I would suggest lowering the map to map 1 for now and getting a log there. Your fuel trims are maxed out, what e85 ratio did you put?

I also suggest updating to the latest firmware.
I have updated to the latest firmware. I will try again just incase it did not take. I ran 5g of E85 5g of 93. I will update again and run map 0,1 and post logs
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I have updated to the latest firmware. I will try again just incase it did not take. I ran 5g of E85 5g of 93. I will update again and run map 0,1 and post logs
It has the latest published firmware, I think we're just maxing out the fuel trims here on your E30 mix. Let's see how map0 and map1 look for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Default 12-13-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks
Sounds like impressive gains! Do you have a manual or PDK? If PDK, any issues so far, like odd shifting or clutch slipping?

I am tempted to go for a 718 S with JB4, however, I want PDK, and that's what worries me the most right know.
Manual.
(#71)
Old

Default Map1 - 12-13-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It has the latest published firmware, I think we're just maxing out the fuel trims here on your E30 mix. Let's see how map0 and map1 look for comparison.
Here is Map 1
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-13 15_09_53_Map-1.csv (272.5 KB, 66 views)
(#72)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-13-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Here is Map 1
Need a better log with a more consistent pull.

Try and get a log from 3krpm till redline in 3rd gear. Make sure pedal is 100% for consistent data.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Default Map 1 take 2 - 12-14-2019, 10:10 PM

This better
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-14 17_21_06_Map-1.csv (212.4 KB, 69 views)
(#74)
Old

Default 12-15-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
This better
How much E85 did you put in the car?! You're still maxing out fuel trims even on map 1, and it's only running running ~13psi of boost with 15-16* timing....

I'm running map 4 on my cayman S with ~18psi boost, ~E20 blend, and still see 22-23*of timing advance(granted, yes, my fuel trims are are maxed out in the higher RPM ranges as well). Log file from a full 3rd,4th,5th gear pull at WOT
Attached Images
File Type: pdf JB4 Mobile Logsmap4-2nd-3rd-4thgearpull-map4.pdf (158.8 KB, 71 views)
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2019, 10:54 AM

For logs include CSV... Not PDF.

Burger Motorsports