N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 08-26-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustor
Where I can download the firmware 7? And what has changed?
You will get the firmware on the first page.

MINI B38/B48 BMW X1/X2 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

but i run the obd11_4 version as the v6_2 firmware stopped the water and oil guages from working and also had problems with fault code reading. No problems with v4.
(#652)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 09:21 AM

You will get the firmware on the first page.

MINI B38/B48 BMW X1/X2 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

but i run the obd11_4 version as the v6_2 firmware stopped the water and oil guages from working and also had problems with fault code reading. No problems with v4.
(#653)
Old

Car: F56 Mini
Default 08-26-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1312
Had this few times before; once the obd cable was loose and then randomly froze few times. Updated to firmware 7 hasnít happened as frequent ( only once so far).
At least I know what was happening now, I can undo it
(#654)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 08-26-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1312
Had this few times before; once the obd cable was loose and then randomly froze few times. Updated to firmware 7 hasnít happened as frequent ( only once so far).
I had to go back to 6_2 to get rid of the freezing. Itís solid again.
(#655)
Old

Default Map 6 Log - 09-26-2020, 03:36 AM

Can someone check this log for me, map 6 tesco 99 fuel.
thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 25-9-20.csv (57.0 KB, 16 views)
(#656)
Old

Car: 2014 F56 MCS
Default 09-28-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntotah94
Anyone getting an issue of the PIDs freezing/gone when clicking ďclear codesĒ?
Been happening this past month with the new JB4 app and firmware.
After clearing codes, only Map and Boost is displayed, everything is at 0.

I tried disconnecting Bluetooth, killing app, disconnecting OBD2 cable, driving 2 hours and no response. Only fix is to turn car off and back on and everything operates as normal.

Thoughts? @terry @payam @ando

Canít attach photos via phone as file is slightly over limit.
I have had exactly the same problem

I have had my JB4 on my 2014 F56 MCS for 2 years without any problems but after the recent firmware update through the app (hex.7) my gauges freeze after trying to clear codes.

I have tried all the solutions listed above by johntotah94 with no joy.

How do I roll back to a more stable version 6_2.hex? @terry @payam @ando
(#657)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2020, 08:12 AM

We've had a few reports of wonky CANbus behavior on v7... Not sure what is causing that yet but I'll keep poking around. Anyone have v7 working/logging normally?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#658)
Old

Car: Mini F57 JCW
Default 10-10-2020, 12:05 PM

I had the same problem, solved goin back at firmware _4.
(#659)
Old

Default Mini B48 map 1 and 2 default values - 10-13-2020, 04:58 AM

Hi Terry,
Did you have a chances to looks what are the problems with the last firmwares about working and logs? Iím still running _4 firmware that works fine.
Other question: is it possible to post map 1 and 2 default values? Iíd like to make something in between on map 6. Thanks in advance.
(#660)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2020, 02:49 PM

On the MINI firmware no, I've seen plenty of logs with v7 CANbus working fine. So we'll need to track down why a handful of cars are having issues with it.

On the maps just look at target in your own logs then you can adjust as needed for map6.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#661)
Old

Icon1 Maps comparation - 10-14-2020, 01:57 PM

Hi Terry,
I pulled some data from the JB4 logs from the pulls I did during the rolls.
I made a table with the RPM values present on map 6 and I reported the targets (obviously additives) of the various maps and the actual boosts achieved both in PSI and in BAR (which give me more an idea), for maps 0, 1 and 2.
I know isn't very precise, but I think is good enough.
The pulls were done one after the other, so ambient pressure and temperature were pretty much the same.
I noticed a interesting thing:
Map 0, (stock), is much more ready in the 1500-2000 rpm range, both of maps 1 and 2, and 1 is more ready than 2, it would seem that the lower the target value, the more the ECU pressure and effective boost are higher.
In all the maps, in the 3000-3500 rpm range there is a significant drop in the boost, then it goes up and stays stable and then goes down again, however give it a look and then tell me what you think.
Sorry for my English, and thank for your time.
Attached Images

(#662)
Old
Jay1312

Car: BMW 320i and M5
Default 10-14-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've had a few reports of wonky CANbus behavior on v7... Not sure what is causing that yet but I'll keep poking around. Anyone have v7 working/logging normally?
Seems ok last month or so. Previously had issues due to bod cable coming off.