JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1176)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-07-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanovelo
Just the brown cord itself or the whole harness from the end of the brown cord to the JB4 unit? If it's the brown cord itself, it is definitely not 4 feet. It's more like 2 feet (or less).
Hmm, very odd.

You can send it back to us so we can inspect and extend it for you if you'd like.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1177)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5T
Default 04-08-2022, 04:18 PM

Can anyone better explain how to install the BMS intake? The instructions online are very confusing when it comes to attaching the intake tube to the turbo inlet.
(#1178)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-08-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrowhurst
Can anyone better explain how to install the BMS intake? The instructions online are very confusing when it comes to attaching the intake tube to the turbo inlet.
Remove the OEM tube and install the BMS tube the same way, tighten the clamp and tighten bolt on the stud holding the bracket.

Pretty straight forward install.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1179)
Old

Default 04-08-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Remove the OEM tube and install the BMS tube the same way, tighten the clamp and tighten bolt on the stud holding the bracket.

Pretty straight forward install.
I did that but the BMS tube fits crooked. Here’s a picture - https://imgur.com/gallery/dHMaHTU
(#1180)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 04-08-2022, 05:25 PM

Mine fit like that as well.
(#1181)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 04-08-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I did that but the BMS tube fits crooked. Here’s a picture - https://imgur.com/gallery/dHMaHTU
Looks like the tube is not flush to me. Loosen the hose clamp a bit, and wiggle the pipe until it is flush with the coupler, then re tighten the clamp
(#1182)
Old

Default 04-08-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofrog
Mine fit like that as well.
Did you wind up fixing it? Or leaving it?
(#1183)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-9
Default 04-08-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I did that but the BMS tube fits crooked. Here’s a picture
I had the same issue with mine, the tube would need about 1/2” more length to really fit the coupler and the bend would need to be slightly more. The welded tab was also placed pretty poorly to where I had to elongate the hole in the bracket otherwise there was no way it would have reached the coupling on the turbo. The components are all nice quality but I think it needs a little further engineering & QC.

2022 Mazda 3 PP
2021 CX-9 Signature

Last edited by Superfly77; 04-08-2022 at 10:09 PM..
(#1184)
Old

Default 04-08-2022, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly77
I had the same issue with mine, the tube would need about 1/2” more length to really fit the coupler and the bend would need to be slightly more. The welded tab was also placed pretty poorly to where I had to elongate the hole in the bracket otherwise there was no way it would have reached the coupling on the turbo. The components are all nice quality but I think it needs a little further engineering & QC.
Yah QC could use a bit of help here honestly. The screws to hold the MAF sensor into the housing simply didn’t fit either.
(#1185)
Old

Car: 2022 CX-5 2.5T
Default 04-09-2022, 05:28 PM

Payam,

This is the last connector that I'm having trouble dislodging. Do I need to cut any adhesive tape off in order to detach the connector next to the intercooler? It appears as though there's some electrical tape or something similar holding it in place.

I did successfully pop off the panel in the bumper that allows me this view and access to the connector.

Last edited by THEMANASUTRA; 04-09-2022 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: including picture
(#1186)
Old

Default 04-09-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper
Dry fitted the wire routing for my CX-5 this morning:
- JB4 on top of driver's side fuse box cover about 1cm from outer edge of fuse box cover and as forward as possible. Cables running toward front bumper. Will mount with strong double sided tape.
- Bluetooth module on top of fuse box cover as far away from JB4 as possible to avoid minor bluetooth connectivity issues
- MAF sensor looks super easy on the airbox if the cable mount pops off.
- MAP sensor wires routed along drivers side front and under hood air intake and along existing large cable loom off the radiator.
- Manifold MAP sensor is right on the center/front of the engine, so easy to access.
- Lower MAP sensor - routed brown wire to passenger side just past the radiator and then down to the intercooler. I've got big hands so still trying see if I can do the lower MAP sensor through the front grill -- will see.
- OBDII will go through the firewall, looks easy.

Did you have a chance to finish install? I've got my layout pretty similar to what you've got diagrammed out but having issues with the last portion of the connector next to the intercooler.
(#1187)
Old

Default 04-09-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEMANASUTRA
Payam,

This is the last connector that I'm having trouble dislodging. Do I need to cut any adhesive tape off in order to detach the connector next to the intercooler? It appears as though there's some electrical tape or something similar holding it in place.

I did successfully pop off the panel in the bumper that allows me this view and access to the connector.
https://imgur.com/a/bzhJ6xo
(#1188)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 04-10-2022, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Payam,

Mine is a 6, it has the same connector, you dont have to cut anything, the tape does not hold the connector into the sensor it just seems to hold the wires together, the connector should unplug just like the other 2, its juat a little tight, try pressing the connector lock and get a flat head screwdriver and lodge it between the connector and the sensor and try to use it as a lever to push the connector outward, it should just pop out a little and you can then pull it out with your hand, this worked well for me, good luck and try not to break anything
(#1189)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Yah QC could use a bit of help here honestly. The screws to hold the MAF sensor into the housing simply didn’t fit either.
Sounds like we packed the wrong screws? If anything like that comes up just let us know and we'll get it sorted.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#1190)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly77
Interesting, didn't have any issues with that on ours. We'll look in to making the tube 1/2" longer next batch though.

Burger Motorsports

(#1191)
Old

Car: CX-30
Default 04-11-2022, 06:17 AM

Quote:
It takes a bit finesse, dry fitting everything with clamps loose, moving the tube around, but I was able to get mine pretty close (I made a post about it #1028 here).
(#1192)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-11-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I will look into our jig and see if there's some discrepancy between the one we have on our car and the production made ones.

Hmm, I know the threads are tight but it should be the correct ones. We don't have any other screws that size in our facility and use that same screw set between all our platforms. If you reach out to our support@burgertuning.com team with pictures we'll get you sorted in no time.

Quote:
Payam,

Since that connector is down where dirt/debris gets accumulated, it can be tough to get it loose. Usually a small flathead to lift the locking tab can help as well while pushing down and pulling.

Burger Motorsports

(#1193)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda 6 2.5T
Default Mazda 6 install pics - 04-12-2022, 12:01 PM

So got my MAF Sensor Plug installed, and my wiring cleaned up a little. The harness needs to be a foot longer for a good clean install. I wanted to mount it to the back side of my intake, but the harness is not long enough. Snapped some pics for you 6 guys.
Attached Images

(#1194)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 GTR
Default 04-12-2022, 01:02 PM

So I know this has been asked somewhere before in these 48 pages and I apologize but how can I tell if I have the beta harness or the good harness? My connections seemed good going in but I also wasn't one who installed it. Which connections do I have to look at?
(#1195)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedfool94
So I know this has been asked somewhere before in these 48 pages and I apologize but how can I tell if I have the beta harness or the good harness? My connections seemed good going in but I also wasn't one who installed it. Which connections do I have to look at?
The BETA MAF connectors we hand modified were for the Mazda3 applications, not CX.

Burger Motorsports

(#1196)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadf00t
So got my MAF Sensor Plug installed, and my wiring cleaned up a little. The harness needs to be a foot longer for a good clean install. I wanted to mount it to the back side of my intake, but the harness is not long enough. Snapped some pics for you 6 guys.
Photos are lower res, what needs to be extended for that placement, the brown connection?

Burger Motorsports

(#1197)
Old

Car: CX-30
Default 04-13-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9520G
So the fitment on the cx-30 wasn't even close, don't own one, just curious
I have the stage 1 on my CX30, no problems...cannot comment on the stage 2 though.
(#1198)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 04-13-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedfool94
If the MAF sensor connector is cut up and looks modified, then you have old beta. If its new, you have... The new connector
(#1199)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda 6 2.5T
Default 04-14-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Photos are lower res, what needs to be extended for that placement, the brown connection?
The harness from the two plugs on the left side to the actual JB4. So I'd guess you'd say the whole harness, except for the MAF, that was fine. You run into the problem when going over, or under the intake inlet. Sorry about the photos, thats the minimum size it would let me upload.
(#1200)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadf00t
The harness from the two plugs on the left side to the actual JB4. So I'd guess you'd say the whole harness, except for the MAF, that was fine. You run into the problem when going over, or under the intake inlet. Sorry about the photos, thats the minimum size it would let me upload.
OK we'll keep that in mind next time we do a harness run.

Burger Motorsports