N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4576)
Old

Car: KIA FORTE GT 2022
Default 08-24-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes but I'm not sure which JB4 system it uses. Photos of your MAP/TMAP sensors?

Needs at least 91 RM2 octane, which is 95 RON in AU.
Hey Terry,
Thanks for the reply! I have read that most ppl in Australia with the older 2021 Kia Cerato/Forte models are running Map 1 or Map 2 if they and using 98 RON, they will run Map 3 if they are using E85 fuel. I am not sure if this is the same with the new 2022 models.

Also, I am planning to get a JB4 as the first mod for my car, however, I have conflicting advice where some people are saying that JB4 wouldn't do much with stock parts and I would need to get new spark plugs, exhaust, air intake and down pipe installed first before a JB4? What are your views on this?
(#4577)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL
I have conflicting advice where some people are saying that JB4 wouldn't do much with stock parts and I would need to get new spark plugs, exhaust, air intake and down pipe installed first before a JB4? What are your views on this?
No other parts are needed with the JB4 for big gains, whoever is giving you that advice is misinformed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4578)
Old

Car: KIA FORTE GT 2022
Default 08-25-2021, 12:50 AM

Thanks Terry,

I am completely new to tuning/moding my car - but I am looking forward to see what difference installing a JB4 on my new Stock KIA will do.

Which JB4 would you recommend I should get for the new MY2022 KIA model Cerato/Forte/K3 GT model? You have two JB4s one is the the standard one and one is the new BETA one for "newer Engines" (Links attached)

Also are there any videos of the JB installation process for the 1.6L Turbo engines?

In order to ensure I preserve the reliability of my new car engine, I am looking to replace my spark plugs and I am not sure if I need to replace my ignition coils to more durable ones - Is there anything else I need to do or bold on/Install?

Do you have any other recomendations? Do I need to remain on Map 1 and 2 if I am not planning to use anything else apart from RON 98 - or can I use Map 3 safely with just RON 98 Fuel?

Thanks Alot!
(#4579)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default More logs, better fuel now hopefully - 08-27-2021, 05:09 AM

I posted some logs a couple of days ago using '95' pump fuel in Aus.
I've now got a tank full of our '98' fuel and about to do a track day so hoping these numbers look safe to run map 2 for the day tomorrow. If AFR and/or timing looks bad I'll have to run map1 I guess. I do also have a bottle of octane boost if required but not sure how much it would really help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs 27 aug.csv (15.0 KB, 39 views)
(#4580)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynevans
I posted some logs a couple of days ago using '95' pump fuel in Aus.
I've now got a tank full of our '98' fuel and about to do a track day so hoping these numbers look safe to run map 2 for the day tomorrow. If AFR and/or timing looks bad I'll have to run map1 I guess. I do also have a bottle of octane boost if required but not sure how much it would really help.
If the fuel wires are not connected turn on options bit0 so AFR logging is accurate. But other than that seems fine, you can give map2 a whirl.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4581)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default Awesome! - 08-27-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If the fuel wires are not connected turn on options bit0 so AFR logging is accurate. But other than that seems fine, you can give map2 a whirl.
Thanks for that! Loving the jb4, loving the support. Now to go smoke some tyres!
(#4582)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 08-28-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL
Thanks Terry,

I am completely new to tuning/moding my car - but I am looking forward to see what difference installing a JB4 on my new Stock KIA will do.

Which JB4 would you recommend I should get for the new MY2022 KIA model Cerato/Forte/K3 GT model? You have two JB4s one is the the standard one and one is the new BETA one for "newer Engines" (Links attached)

Also are there any videos of the JB4 installation process for the 1.6L Turbo engines?

In order to ensure I preserve the reliability of my new car engine, I am looking to replace my spark plugs and I am not sure if I need to replace my ignition coils to more durable ones - Is there anything else I need to do or bold on/Install?

Do you have any other recommendations? Do I need to remain on Map 1 and 2 if I am not planning to use anything else apart from RON 98 - or can I use Map 3 safely with just RON 98 Fuel?

Thanks Alot!
The JB4 is easy to understand.

If you don't understand the direction send me a pm and I'll walk you through it, remember you are in AU and I'm in Southern California.

As for mods, you can do whatever you want however I make the same power if not a little more than they do with all the bolt-ons on pump gas.

What you don't need is new spark plugs. Re-gap the stock plugs. I have 39,000 miles on my Forte GT and 56 drag strip passes.

20-30% E85 blend at every fill up, 95% of the time.

Only problem I've had is running too much E85 (50+%) and getting a lean code.

Keep it under 50% and everything will be fine.

If I could get my short times inline with the trap speeds the car is capable of, it would be running down Stingers (though I haven't seen one at the strip yet).

It's as fast a Veloster N....

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4583)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD
Default 08-30-2021, 04:57 AM

Did a 1/4 mile fun run at a local track. Weather was hot and humid as all heck. Upper 80s and dewpoint in the 70s.

Only two runs this is a log of 12.8 @110.5. had a terrible 2.15 60 ft time.

G70 3.3 AWD running e30

Still getting used to reading logs but I think it looks ok. Some timing pulled in guessing due heat? Intake temps on my first run were over 150...closer to 130 this run
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_210829_1237.csv (18.1 KB, 40 views)
(#4584)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 08-30-2021, 06:18 AM

Looks clean, I'm sure the heat caused the timing being that hot and humid.

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD CERAMIC SILVER W/RED INTERIOR
JB4 W/FUEL WIRES & EWG WIRES
BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
STOPTECH FRONT AND REAR PADS
DENSO 5346
SEIBON CARBON FIBER OEM HOOD
NICHE 20" WHEELS MATTE BRONZE
LLUMAR STRATOS CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
CERAMIC PRO SILVER PACKAGE
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#4585)
Old

Car: '21 Kia Sorento SX AWD 2.5T
Default 08-30-2021, 06:54 AM

Hello everyone. This seems to be the place for my question, but I haven't seen many, if any, responses/questions on the 2.5T Beta tune.

I'm about to install the JB4 (Beta) on my MQ4 Sorento (2.5T). What would you all suggest on the spark plug gap? Also would upgrading to HKSs benefit me in any way?

Stock they are at .036
.022 seems a bit far
I was thinking .029? Thoughts?

Last edited by CTrink; 08-30-2021 at 07:15 AM..
(#4586)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-30-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTrink
Hello everyone. This seems to be the place for my question, but I haven't seen many, if any, responses/questions on the 2.5T Beta tune.

I'm about to install the JB4 (Beta) on my MQ4 Sorento (2.5T). What would you all suggest on the spark plug gap? Also would upgrading to HKSs benefit me in any way?

Stock they are at .036
.022 seems a bit far
I was thinking .029? Thoughts?
For now I don't think we've had any issues with the stock gap/plugs and the JB4.

You can follow this thread for more info on the 2.5L

Finally got our hands on a new 2.5L! - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4587)
Old

Car: 2022 G70
Default 09-01-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonclarkusaf
Thanks for this very helpful resource!!!

I’m a few weeks into owning my 2022 G70 and have been running the JB4 for about a week now. I’ve been running Map 2 for a couple hundred miles and it’s been awesome. I bumped up to e30 today and tried out Map 3 this afternoon and pulled the attached log. I tested both the e85 and 93 to confirm ethanol content and have my mixture right at e30 (perhaps e29 if I overestimated the remaining 93 in the tank which was almost empty)

I have the “450 HP” kit with plugs gapped to .022”

I’m hoping someone could take a look at the log and let me know how I’m doing. From my elementary level of knowledge it appears only slight timing pulls in cylinder 6 but, nothing too significant. I appreciate any feedback as I progress deeper into seeing what this car is capable of!
How does it feel mid to high end? I love the low end but always feel like it could have more pull at the mid-high end.

I also have the 2022 g70. Ive been so wishy washy on when to get the entire package.. Was debating on whether to wait until after the 1st dealership service but im growing impatient

Last edited by domeoner; 09-01-2021 at 11:52 AM..
(#4588)
Old

Default 09-01-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domeoner
How does it feel mid to high end? I love the low end but always feel like it could have more pull at the mid-high end.

I also have the 2022 g70. Ive been so wishy washy on when to get the entire package.. Was debating on whether to wait until after the 1st dealership service but im growing impatient

You have to shift early with this platform the powerband falls off a cliff. Auto shifting your losing power manual shift at about 5750-5800 and your really shifting about 6k after that the motor falls flat on power.

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4589)
Old

Car: 2022 G70
Default 09-01-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone
You have to shift early with this platform the powerband falls off a cliff. Auto shifting your losing power manual shift at about 5750-5800 and your really shifting about 6k after that the motor falls flat on power.
It does.

To me it also seems relitivaley flat at 'highway' speeds (70+) as well. (even at low rpm) Is it regulating the turbo after certain speeds?

I have no clue what I'm talking about but my mind logically cant comprehend the discrepancies in the powerband.
(#4590)
Old

Default 09-01-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domeoner
It does.

To me it also seems relitivaley flat at 'highway' speeds (70+) as well. (even at low rpm) Is it regulating the turbo after certain speeds?

I have no clue what I'm talking about but my mind logically cant comprehend the discrepancies in the powerband.

Lots play into how much boost you will get. Speed,temp,humidity,elevation,etc so its not one thing but a combination of things.

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4591)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3tt
Unhappy JB4 Bluetooth no devices found - 09-10-2021, 08:49 AM

I just picked up a JB4 yesterday for my 3.3t G70 with the Bluetooth connection but it won't connect no matter what I do. Keeps saying no devices found. Tried with different phones to rule out Bluetooth bugs with no luck. This is to be used on a Samsung Galaxy s21. Please help.
(#4592)
Old

Default 09-10-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight1130
I just picked up a JB4 yesterday for my 3.3t G70 with the Bluetooth connection but it won't connect no matter what I do. Keeps saying no devices found. Tried with different phones to rule out Bluetooth bugs with no luck. This is to be used on a Samsung Galaxy s21. Please help.

Contact the support email for the app

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4593)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3tt
Default 09-10-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Contact the support email for the app
I did. Just waiting on a response from them but I figured I'd reach out here to see if anyone has had this problem.
(#4594)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2021, 09:00 AM

For those waiting our Kia fuel adapters are coming in tomorrow, so we opened up ordering...

https://burgertuning.com/products/ki...65d8c739&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports

(#4595)
Old

Car: 17 2.0T stinger
Default Got beaten by a focus st... Normal? - 09-15-2021, 10:31 PM

I have my stinger 2.0T with a jb4 tune. I also have a tubi exhaust and short air intake. I used map 2 and did a rolling from 20. The focus st pulls away everytime about 2 mph faster. I also turned off traction and stability and put it to sport mode. The focus st had not mods and only a stiffer engine mount. Thought? I did only have my car on for about 5 min before a ran it.
(#4596)
Old

Default 09-16-2021, 04:58 AM

What does he have done?

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4597)
Old

Default 09-16-2021, 05:34 AM

Some kind of engine mount that makes his engine not rock as much. I wouldn't think that would be that big of a difference.
(#4598)
Old

Default 09-16-2021, 05:38 AM

You see under his hood? hahaha

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4599)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 09-16-2021, 05:42 AM

I honestly don't know what the ET's would be for each car. But the Focus ST is close to 800 pounds lighter.

2018 GT2 AWD
(#4600)
Old

Default 09-16-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
You see under his hood? hahaha
Lol no. I figured if his 0-60 is 5.9 and mine is 6.0 (both factory), it would be a win all day.