N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: 2019 Tiguan
Default 06-03-2019, 03:29 PM

Wife’s car, she was please with map 2 on a 50/50 blend of 87/91 oct.

Ran it low on fuel, filled with 93oct.. Switched to map 3. Drove around for a bit to clear the left over fuel. Made some 1-3rd gear pulls - what a difference.

No blowout/pulls nicely. I’ll have some more feedback in a week or two with logs.

George is the man and a true professional. Wonderful product, well worth the money. If you’re thinking about buying a JB4 for a Gen3B, buy with confidence.
(#102)
Old

Car: tiguan 2019
Default 06-04-2019, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl0627
Hey Guys, I installed the JB4 last week in my 2019 Tiguan ( North American ) , I would like to share to you guys. Most of the people like this year Tiguan but only one thing to stop them to get it is the house power ( same as me before ). JB4 make this car to slove that issiue. I installed last week and drove around 500KM .. It really impress ...I install the the JB4 , turbo Intel pie and K&N filter all together. These make the Tiguan totally different ( Sound, Turbo Lag, Power way much better than Stock ) I am very happy and Satisfied ( Even just use map 2 ) . I totally recommend you guys if you have this year Tiguan.
** George I would like to say Thank you for your quick respond and your time** If you have any news map update please let me know ...LoL

I thinking about getting this JB4 as well. is it like a tune where you have a significant amount of torque increase @ low rpm so you don't need to hit the throttle to actually move the car? I can't stand revving this engine it makes a weak noise.
(#103)
Old

Car: 2019 Tiguan
Default Significant Gains - 06-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Frconnect,

The car is my wifeís, she hasnít driven in a decade as we have lived in NYC. Wife thought it was slow when we bought it. She now wants the Bluetooth connection to change maps as itís ďtoo fastĒ

Boost/tourque is progressive and smooth in low RPMs - on map 3, using 93 octane.

It makes a major difference, relatively speaking.

Iíll be playing with a Maserati GT for kicks and giggles this weekend, I think the JB4 Tiguan is going to give it a run from a dig through 100. Straight line of course.

-Jay
(#104)
Old

Car: Audi A4 B9
Default 06-14-2019, 05:54 AM

Hey George,

Close to pulling the plug and buying a JB4 for my Audi A4 B9 190HP.

Have any of the testers noticed any notable change to the throttle response time after installing the JB4? Thats my one complain with this car, as sometimes it takes a while for the car to actually start moving. Probably something to do with how they have the engine working for efficiency, but damn its annoying. Hoping a JB4 will aid with this.

Also, if the car is still under maintenance plan, what are the chances of it being picked up by Audi after I've disconnected it for a service, and them picking it up and terminating my plan?

Thanks
(#105)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-14-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHawk
Hey George,

Close to pulling the plug and buying a JB4 for my Audi A4 B9 190HP.

Have any of the testers noticed any notable change to the throttle response time after installing the JB4? Thats my one complain with this car, as sometimes it takes a while for the car to actually start moving. Probably something to do with how they have the engine working for efficiency, but damn its annoying. Hoping a JB4 will aid with this.

Also, if the car is still under maintenance plan, what are the chances of it being picked up by Audi after I've disconnected it for a service, and them picking it up and terminating my plan?

Thanks
It does improve throttle response to a extent but ultimately you will need to get our Pedal Tuner that we have in the works for the B9.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#106)
Old

Car: Audi
Default 06-20-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Cooler is a bit larger and marginally better than the Polo. Nothing that will allow for more aggressive boost targeting than the current maps.
The default maps 1/2/3 r all flat boost. If I make some small hardware changes like intake and exhaust, it will still be the same maps? Or will be better for a map 6?
(#107)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanz
The default maps 1/2/3 r all flat boost. If I make some small hardware changes like intake and exhaust, it will still be the same maps? Or will be better for a map 6?

Same maps can be used with any hardware mod. The ECU logic is to maintain those boost levels so we follow suite and are adding fixed amounts over ECU request. Didn't find any value doing otherwise.
The only cars we doing map 6 on is the ones that require the boost to taper at high rpm for heat management.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#108)
Old

Car: Polo GTI 2.0 2018
Default 08-17-2019, 06:44 AM

Hej George have been running the JB4 since March on a 2019 Polo GTI.
Have been using map3, tried map2 but there was some hesitation when doing full throttle pulls at around 5000 rpm. I’m running 100 octane.

I wouldn’t say that I’m blown away, the engine definitely has more top end and does not die after 5K rpm. The engine sounds stronger/angrier and you have slightly more sound from the turbo. Have not dynoed the car, but subjective 100km/h - 200 km/h pulls have shaved about 4 secs off (18sec), which puts it on par with the Stock Golf GTI performance. So would guesstimate that I’m about 230 PS on map3 with OPF...

Mixing E85 15L with 25L Ron95 did make a noticeable difference.

How much does the OPF/GPF effect the power output? Did your development car have the OPF/GPF

Will you be able to make a dummy sensor for the OPF/GPF sensor so that the JB4 can fool the ECU into thinking the OPF/GPF is still there. Looking at 2019 OPF/GPF cars verses non OPF/GPF versions it seems like you would gain 30-50 PS/HP by removing the OPF/GPF

It would make business sense, since your JB4 customers will be able to make big gains if they opt to remove the OPF/GPF

Last edited by HoTnFunkYGTI; 08-18-2019 at 05:32 AM..
(#109)
Old

Car: Seat Leon Cupra 2019
Default 08-18-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTnFunkYGTI
Have been using map3, tried map2 but there was some hesitation when doing full throttle pulls at around 5000 rpm. Iím running 100 octane.

I wouldnít say that Iím blown away, the engine definitely has more top end and does not die after 5K rpm. The engine sounds stronger/angrier and you have slightly more sound from the turbo. Have not dynoed the car, but subjective 100km/h - 200 km/h pulls have shaved about 4 secs off (18sec), which puts it on par with the Stock Golf GTI performance. So would guesstimate that Iím about 230 PS on map3 with OPF...

How much does the OPF/GPF effect the power output? Did your development car have the OPF/GPF

Will you be able to make a dummy sensor for the OPF/GPF sensor so that the JB4 can fool the ECU into thinking the OPF/GPF is still there. Looking at 2019 OPF/GPF cars verses non OPF/GPF versions it seems like you would gain 30-50 PS/HP by removing the OPF/GPF

It would make business sense, since you JB4 customers will be able to make big gains if the opt to remove the OPF/GPF
I'm interested in this.

I have the same "problem" with my leon cupra 2019

Wanting to remove the GPF for more power
(#110)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTnFunkYGTI
Have been using map3, tried map2 but there was some hesitation when doing full throttle pulls at around 5000 rpm. Iím running 100 octane.

I wouldnít say that Iím blown away, the engine definitely has more top end and does not die after 5K rpm. The engine sounds stronger/angrier and you have slightly more sound from the turbo. Have not dynoed the car, but subjective 100km/h - 200 km/h pulls have shaved about 4 secs off (18sec), which puts it on par with the Stock Golf GTI performance. So would guesstimate that Iím about 230 PS on map3 with OPF...

It would make business sense, since you JB4 customers will be able to make big gains if the opt to remove the OPF/GPF
Our car didnt have the GPF and output was similar to GPF cars. I guess at the stock turbo boost level it might not be much of a restriction. We dont have access to a GPF car unfortunately so its not easy to investigate what it entails. Doubt removal is worth so much power as we have seen on the GPF Gen3 cars.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#111)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 05:37 AM

The OPF/GPF also kills the sound, its like having a 3rd silencer/resonator. It seems to effect the higher frequencies... So yet another reason to remove it, if you want a nicer sportier exhaust note... :D
(#112)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Our car didnt have the GPF and output was similar to GPF cars. I guess at the stock turbo boost level it might not be much of a restriction. We dont have access to a GPF car unfortunately so its not easy to investigate what it entails. Doubt removal is worth so much power as we have seen on the GPF Gen3 cars.
The 2019 Golf GTI (IS20) with single GPF tuned by APR produced 274 ps on Ron 95

The 2019 Golf R (IS38) with dual GPF tuned by APR produced 322 ps on Ron95

(2019 models with GPF have substantially less power than without GPF)

Polo GTI with GPF tuned by HGP-Turbo stage 1+ (IS20 + cooling) 275 ps

Polo GTI with GPF tuned by Simoniet Stage 3(IS38) 320 ps

(The ea888 Gen3B seems to be as tuneable as its counterpart non B version.)

But you donít plan to do any R&D in terms of bypassing removing the GPF on VAG cars and BMW???
(#113)
Old

Car: VW
Default OPF - 08-18-2019, 07:44 AM

is possibile now to patch sw and remove ,

VAG

BOSCH MG1CS001 - OPF/GPF/PPF PRESSURE SENSORS MUST BE DISCONNECTED!
BOSCH MG1CS002
BOSCH MG1CS008
BOSCH MG1CS0011
BOSCH MG1CS111
SIEMENS SIMOS 18 - OPF/GPF/PPF PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE SENSORS MUST BE DISCONNECTED!

no one have tried to remove just second catalyst after O2 sensors?
should be more sound???
I have gen3b troc with full exhaust after catalyst from mk7 R +jb4 fitted,
with exhaust increase a little power at high rpm anyway after 6k is over ,
the only thing I miss from my previous gen3...

Last edited by rsivan; 08-18-2019 at 08:33 AM..
(#114)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivan
is possibile now to patch sw and remove ,

VAG

BOSCH MG1CS001 - OPF/GPF/PPF PRESSURE SENSORS MUST BE DISCONNECTED!
BOSCH MG1CS002
BOSCH MG1CS008
BOSCH MG1CS0011
BOSCH MG1CS111
SIEMENS SIMOS 18 - OPF/GPF/PPF PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE SENSORS MUST BE DISCONNECTED!

no one have tried to remove just second catalyst after O2 sensors?
should be more sound???
I have gen3b troc with full exhaust after catalyst from mk7 R +jb4 fitted,
with exhaust increase a little power at high rpm anyway after 6k is over ,
the only thing I miss from my previous gen3...
Yes, but you need to reprogram the ECU

So what benefit does it have if we already have JB4?
(#115)
Old

Default Replace GPF and ******** - 08-18-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanFranCupra
Yes, but you need to reprogram the ECU

So what benefit does it have if we already have JB4?
I was hoping that BMS could make a work around where the JB4 intercepts the sensor so that you can remove the GPF.

Is it right when I assume, that is what happens now on the O2 sensor on the down pipe? Or can’t you change down pipe with the JB4?
(#116)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 10:31 AM

Maybe installing a pipe of this type, placing a 200 cel catalyst instead of the GPF ...

I saw this image but I don't know if it works without CEL
(#117)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 07:18 AM

Has anybody encountered any issues with the JB4 and motor plan?

I know its not detectable if removed, but a friend of mine spoke to one of the service guys at our local VW, and he said that under normal circumstances they dont look for any plug-and-play chips like this, but if a car comes in for any type of engine issue, they check the cars logs, and if they find it has been running outside of its design specs (higher torque, horsepower, etc), they know there has been some sort of chip, and they wont cover the fix under warranty/plan.

Our local VW and Audi dealership is part of the same building, run by the same people, so I presume the same would apply to my Audi.

Is there a way to clear these logs before taking it in? Is there an expiration date on them or do they get overwritten with more driving?

This is the only concern of mine that's stopping me from pulling the trigger on a JB4.

Racechip offers an engine warranty with their chip, which eliminates this problem - does Burger tuning offer something similar for South African buyers?
(#118)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHawk
Has anybody encountered any issues with the JB4 and motor plan?

I know its not detectable if removed, but a friend of mine spoke to one of the service guys at our local VW, and he said that under normal circumstances they dont look for any plug-and-play chips like this, but if a car comes in for any type of engine issue, they check the cars logs, and if they find it has been running outside of its design specs (higher torque, horsepower, etc), they know there has been some sort of chip, and they wont cover the fix under warranty/plan.

Our local VW and Audi dealership is part of the same building, run by the same people, so I presume the same would apply to my Audi.

Is there a way to clear these logs before taking it in? Is there an expiration date on them or do they get overwritten with more driving?

This is the only concern of mine that's stopping me from pulling the trigger on a JB4.

Racechip offers an engine warranty with their chip, which eliminates this problem - does Burger tuning offer something similar for South African buyers?
The ECU actually doesnt store that much information. There are freeze frames stored when faults are present but due to the methodology of how a piggy back works those will appear as those of a stock car so there are no concerns.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#119)
Old

Default 08-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
The ECU actually doesnt store that much information. There are freeze frames stored when faults are present but due to the methodology of how a piggy back works those will appear as those of a stock car so there are no concerns.
Good to know, thanks!
(#120)
Old

Car: VW Polo GTI
Default 08-22-2019, 04:59 AM

Has anyone ran the map 3 on the polo gti (non-opf) with a aftermarket intercooler? Wondering what kind of figures would be expected?
(#121)
Old

Car: 2019 VW Polo Gti
Default 09-03-2019, 05:55 AM

Hi Guys. New to the forum...Thought I'd share my dyno results with you guys.

Vehicle: 2018 Polo GTI 2.0 (Pre OPF)

Mods:

VW Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe
BMC Drop-in filter
JB4

Dynod @ Autotrix in Durban, South Africa. Figures are KW @ wheels

The first image Is the car with mods on and JB4 on Map0 as a baseline

The second image is Map2 as well as the mods.

I noticed that the torque remained pretty much the same between runs and was wondering if this is being limited by the ECU?

Last edited by Dussaye; 09-03-2019 at 06:07 AM..
(#122)
Old

Default 09-03-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussaye
Hi Guys. New to the forum...Thought I'd share my dyno results with you guys.

Vehicle: 2018 Polo GTI 2.0 (Pre OPF)

Mods:

VW Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe
BMC Drop-in filter
JB4

Dynod @ Autotrix in Durban, South Africa. Figures are KW @ wheels

The first image Is the car with mods on and JB4 on Map0 as a baseline

The second image is Map2 as well as the mods.

I noticed that the torque remained pretty much the same between runs and was wondering if this is being limited by the ECU?
Torque does look similar but on tuned run it holds most of it past 4000rpm. Stock it just dives.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#123)
Old

Car: 2019 VW Polo Gti
Default 09-03-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Torque does look similar but on tuned run it holds most of it past 4000rpm. Stock it just dives.
So even though the Horsepower/KW increased, the torque will remain the same? Fair enough the Torque curve is much better but surely there should be some increase in Torque unless there is some sort of limitation happening on on the ECU?
(#124)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi Wagon
Default 09-03-2019, 03:28 PM

Is anyone running JB4 on a 2019 Tiguan USA Spec? Any problems, any feedback?
(#125)
Old

Car: Audi
Default 09-03-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussaye
So even though the Horsepower/KW increased, the torque will remain the same? Fair enough the Torque curve is much better but surely there should be some increase in Torque unless there is some sort of limitation happening on on the ECU?
George has a polo gti as well I believe. Page one of this thread has his dyno chart with 50nm or so increase I believe. What is polo FYI paper figures on stock?