N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4426)
Old

Car: q50
Default 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM

Got my JB4 setup back, thanks Terry for checking it out and the quick turn around shipping. Back in boost!
(#4427)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 RS
Default 07-12-2019, 07:39 PM

Hey everyone. Iím new here and was wondering if there are any Red Sports with JB4 in the 11ís yet? I have a 2019 and donít want to risk losing my warranty.

2019 Q50 RS
Montreal, Quebec
(#4428)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboPete
Hey everyone. Iím new here and was wondering if there are any Red Sports with JB4 in the 11ís yet? I have a 2019 and donít want to risk losing my warranty.
There are a handful of JB4 VR30s in the 11s but not sure if any are RS. I imagine so though.

Either way JB4 adds a ton of power and is really easy to install and remove. You'll love it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4429)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Got my JB4 setup back, thanks Terry for checking it out and the quick turn around shipping. Back in boost!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4430)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 07-16-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Glad to hear that. I got my JB4 and fuel wires back installed yesterday after she got her first oil change at the dealership. 1/8 track day on Thursday.. not going to expect much as it'll be 91 degrees and humid, which is the coldest day this week.

2019 Q50 Luxe *JB4 with Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30 (prior to LDP and FB101)
(#4431)
Old

Default 07-16-2019, 08:11 AM

Terry, do you have any info on when you upgrade phones how you get the JB4 app on the new phone? Do you have to contact the app company or anything special? I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.
(#4432)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 3.0
Default 07-16-2019, 10:39 AM

Terry how does this look to you?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-15 19_47_59_Map-6.csv (8.3 KB, 24 views)

2019 Q50 Red Sport
Burger JB4
Burger Cold Air Intake
Burger Fuel Wires
Burger Elite Heat Exchanger
Rev9 Flowmaxx Axle-Back Exhaust
Megan LDP
(#4433)
Old

Car: Red Sport 400
Default 07-17-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNester
This looks like timing is being pulled. Did the car feel slower?

I recently had a Map 6 +5psi log with a similar ign pattern that was timed on dragy. Map 6 +5psi went 12.9 @ 107 vs Map 1 +4psi 12.6 @ 112

I also ended up doing a few runs in mexico after a few cars came up to my normal logging spot and ran Map 1 back to back to back all with very clean logs.

Also if anyone cares, I logged 4 0-60 runs with an empty tank of Costco 93 then got a full tank of Shell 93 VPower and ran faster times by .10 consistently. IIRC a full tank in the q50 is around 160lbs so it should've been slower

2019 Q50 RS AWD
BMS JB4 + FW/HEX
MR LDP's
12.4 @ 114 on 93 (Map 2)
(#4434)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05g356mtt
This looks like timing is being pulled. Did the car feel slower?

I recently had a Map 6 +5psi log with a similar ign pattern that was timed on dragy. Map 6 +5psi went 12.9 @ 107 vs Map 1 +4psi 12.6 @ 112

I also ended up doing a few runs in mexico after a few cars came up to my normal logging spot and ran Map 1 back to back to back all with very clean logs.

Also if anyone cares, I logged 4 0-60 runs with an empty tank of Costco 93 then got a full tank of Shell 93 VPower and ran faster times by .10 consistently. IIRC a full tank in the q50 is around 160lbs so it should've been slower
Terry and I have discussed what you're seeing in that log many pages ago. We're not totally convinced that that is knock you're seeing because it ALWAYS happens right around 52-5400 rpm's. It may be a drop in the spark advance table. If you're on the threshold of 2 rows or columns in the airflow vs. rpm vs. spark advance it may jump to the next row/column which calls for a decrease in timing. As you can see from the graph it drops ~3* right there and then timing continually climbs afterward. He could try dropping the boost and see if it goes away, but I'm not positive that its knock. If only we had that knock counts PID *cough* Terry *cough*
(#4435)
Old

Car: Red Sport 400
Default 07-17-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Terry and I have discussed what you're seeing in that log many pages ago. We're not totally convinced that that is knock you're seeing because it ALWAYS happens right around 52-5400 rpm's. It may be a drop in the spark advance table. If you're on the threshold of 2 rows or columns in the airflow vs. rpm vs. spark advance it may jump to the next row/column which calls for a decrease in timing. As you can see from the graph it drops ~3* right there and then timing continually climbs afterward. He could try dropping the boost and see if it goes away, but I'm not positive that its knock. If only we had that knock counts PID *cough* Terry *cough*
Ahh the log I was referring to was a different more recent one that was never posted. I got Dragy a week ago and have been logging 0-60 & 1/4 mile runs.

I've been logging consistent 12.6-12.8 @ 110-113 but had one run using Map 6 +5psi go 12.9 @ 108 with similar ign pattern as the one Randy posted. The car felt noticeably slower that run so I assumed timing was being pulled? I would post it but i accidentally deleted the log.

But I appreciate the explanation to the log you're referencing a few pages ago. I was still confused as to why the log looked that way. The info you provide is definitely very helpful

2019 Q50 RS AWD
BMS JB4 + FW/HEX
MR LDP's
12.4 @ 114 on 93 (Map 2)
(#4436)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNester
One timing drop but it's pulling smoothly behind the wheel its probably fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#4437)
Old

Car: Q50
Default Noob here - 07-18-2019, 09:53 PM

Hello, I just purchased a Stage 1 Q50 Tuner with the JB4 Wireless Connection kit. I purchased the Stage 1 by accident, but I want to know if it is compatible with the Wireless connection kit bluetooth? If not, I may have to exchange for the JB4 instead.
(#4438)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-19-2019, 07:42 AM

The JB4 BlueTooth Wireless Kit / Phone App work for both the JB1 and JB4.

The JB4 upgrade is definitely worth the extra $'s. Much smoother acceleration feel and the additional logging capabilities, fuel wires, and my new favorite WMI Kit are just some of the reasons to go with the JB4.

BMS WMI

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7ís
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
(#4439)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracuch0
Hello, I just purchased a Stage 1 Q50 Tuner with the JB4 Wireless Connection kit. I purchased the Stage 1 by accident, but I want to know if it is compatible with the Wireless connection kit bluetooth? If not, I may have to exchange for the JB4 instead.
You can purchase the upgrade kit for more logging parameters down the line.
For stage 1 you'll only see boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#4440)
Old

Default 07-19-2019, 08:13 PM

Decided to try map 5

Stock lux on 91 octane

How does it look
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-19 19_20_44_Map-5.csv (22.1 KB, 28 views)

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane
(#4441)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
Decided to try map 5

Stock lux on 91 octane

How does it look
I suspect it's too aggressive for the octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#4442)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default Red Sportís running WMI? - 07-21-2019, 06:11 AM

Hi Folks - is anyone else with Red Sport running BMSí WMI Kit? If so, please share your experiences. You can see mine on the WMI thread.

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intakes
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#4443)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 07-22-2019, 03:40 PM

Recently installed the $300 BMS Heat exchanger and the car seems to be running better in the heat (close to 100 today). Trans temp in the afternoon is about 113-118 cruising. Did a low 3rd gear pull to WOT and the car got up to 130 before coming back down. Is this what I should be expecting from the heat exchanger? I have logs attached, running Map 5. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-22 15_50_26_Map-5.csv (9.3 KB, 18 views)
(#4444)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk91
Recently installed the $300 BMS Heat exchanger and the car seems to be running better in the heat (close to 100 today). Trans temp in the afternoon is about 113-118 cruising. Did a low 3rd gear pull to WOT and the car got up to 130 before coming back down. Is this what I should be expecting from the heat exchanger? I have logs attached, running Map 5. Thanks!
Looks as expected!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4445)
Old

Default 07-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I suspect it's too aggressive for the octane.
that is what I figured, thank you!

I have uploaded a map3 run I did yesterday freeway on ramp 20-100mph.

It felt pretty good

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 72219map3.csv (13.4 KB, 14 views)

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane
(#4446)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2019, 01:28 PM

Seems OK to me here.

Burger Motorsports

(#4447)
Old

Default 07-23-2019, 02:21 PM

Thank You

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane
(#4448)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2019, 05:17 PM

Hit the dyno today with a JB4 2L Q50... I'm sure all the VR30 guys are hanging on the edges of their seats but I'll make a new thread for it later.

Burger Motorsports

(#4449)
Old

Default 07-23-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hit the dyno today with a JB4 2L Q50... I'm sure all the VR30 guys are hanging on the edges of their seats but I'll make a new thread for it later.
Thatís pretty cool actually canít wait to see

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane
(#4450)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 SS
Default 07-24-2019, 09:41 PM

Hey guys :-)

First post on here... and it has a csv file attached lol.... So... 2018 Q50 SS, JB4 installed last week... I attached a csv file with some stop n go. Kinda curious what people think of the AFR and IGN values. Ran this in map 6 with 94 octane(chevron).

map6 boost started at 3 at 1500rpm, maxed at 6.9, and back down to 0 at max rpm.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-23 17_02_06_Map-6.csv (183.8 KB, 11 views)