N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 2.7
Angry Check Service manual message - 06-16-2019, 04:59 PM

WOT for more than 4 seconds or so will often send the truck into limp mode (check service manual message) comes on. Everything looks good in the logs to me, overboost?
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map-7 limp mode .csv (9.3 KB, 50 views)
(#502)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2019, 06:38 PM

Update to v6 firmware in the first post and relog so we can see fuel pressure...

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#503)
Old

Default Wow! - 06-17-2019, 04:28 PM

Amazing customer service! I was having trouble updating and kept getting an error after updating. I kid you not five minutes after emailing support I got the solution I needed!
(#504)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2019, 05:34 PM

Glad to hear it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#505)
Old

Default Limp mode - 06-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Limp mode in map 5, here’s the log.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-17 limp mode Map-5.csv (9.7 KB, 43 views)

WOOSH!
(#506)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7Boosted-Brad
Limp mode in map 5, here’s the log.
I can't see any obvious cause, but map5 is up there. Does it come up on map2?

Burger Motorsports

(#507)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I can't see any obvious cause, but map5 is up there. Does it come up on map2?
Will log again tonight on map 2. Only 1 out of every 20 or so runs on map 5 will it be triggered.

WOOSH!
(#508)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 02:04 PM

Got it... And never any codes?

Burger Motorsports

(#509)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Will log again tonight on map 2. Only 1 out of every 20 or so runs on map 5 will it be triggered.
30 roll triggered it again +p0263 code. (Map 5 still)
Attached Files
File Type: csv service manual+p0263_Map-5.csv (11.8 KB, 41 views)

WOOSH!
(#510)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 05:41 PM

I think it's just a boost under target code. Map 5 is too high, you're not making as much boost as is being requested, and thus the fault. The P0263 number looks up to some sort of cyl1 misfire sort of code though.

Either way I'd get over to map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#511)
Old

Car: 2019 f150 2.7 Ecoboost
Default 07-05-2019, 09:09 PM

I'm running a 2019 f150 2.7 completely stock other than JB4. Which firmware should I be running 3.hex or eco 6.hex?
(#512)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2019, 09:46 PM

Either is fine, v6 is the latest one.

Burger Motorsports

(#513)
Old

Default 07-05-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Either is fine, v6 is the latest one.
OK thanks just wanted to be sure. So far so good. Are the pure 550s going to be available on your website?
(#514)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2019, 09:40 AM

No we don't sell them, so just contact Pure directly!

Burger Motorsports

(#515)
Old

Default 07-07-2019, 08:41 AM

Hey I keep getting a p0400 EGR valve fault ever since I updated to the 6.hex firmware. I'm currently putting it to map 0 to see if this clears it up. Anyone else having this issue? Should I go back to version 3?
(#516)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssf150
Hey I keep getting a p0400 EGR valve fault ever since I updated to the 6.hex firmware. I'm currently putting it to map 0 to see if this clears it up. Anyone else having this issue? Should I go back to version 3?
Not had any reports of that specific to v6 but easy to go back to v3 to confirm it's related!

Normally that fault is related to intakes in my experience.

Burger Motorsports

(#517)
Old

Default 07-07-2019, 01:11 PM

Completely stock other than JB4. I'll keep an eye on it. And will switch back to v3 if it pops up again. Thanks you
(#518)
Old

Car: 2018 Ford F-150 3.5 EB
Default 07-08-2019, 05:50 PM

Hi all! I have a 2018 3.5 and want to try E30. My truck is stock other than the JB4. What do I have to do? Fill it with E30 and run the tune for E30? Is that all or do I have to blend the E30 with premium? Tia
(#519)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman911
Hi all! I have a 2018 3.5 and want to try E30. My truck is stock other than the JB4. What do I have to do? Fill it with E30 and run the tune for E30? Is that all or do I have to blend the E30 with premium? Tia
Just add in 6-7 gallons of E85, select map2 or map3 on the JB4 to start, and enjoy!

Burger Motorsports

(#520)
Old

Default 07-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssf150
I would occasionally get that code, usually after a bit of idling and driving like a granny. This was back when I was stlll running version 3 though.

WOOSH!
(#521)
Old

Car: 2018 Ford F-150 3.5 EB
Default 07-09-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Just add in 6-7 gallons of E85, select map2 or map3 on the JB4 to start, and enjoy!
Blend E85 with E30 or premium?
(#522)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman911
Blend E85 with E30 or premium?
You have e30 at the pump? If so just fill up with that.

Or mix e85 with premium, yes.

Burger Motorsports

(#523)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-09-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I would occasionally get that code, usually after a bit of idling and driving like a granny. This was back when I was stlll running version 3 though.
Im getting p04DB - Crankcase ventilation system disconnected.
v3 and v6 stock intake. Dealer replaced Crank case hose. Came back again. Anyone else?
(#524)
Old

Default 07-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
v3 and v6 stock intake. Dealer replaced Crank case hose. Came back again. Anyone else?
Have yet to see that before, had a catch can for a bit as well.

WOOSH!
(#525)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
I've seen that one before from time to time. I think it's tuning related but not exactly sure how yet. Never comes up on map0 right? It should be an easy fix once we narrow it down.

Able to pull your freeze frame data on it with an OBDII tool?

Burger Motorsports