N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#11551)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz4
I am getting a complete sweep at start on the speedo only, the tach sweeps to 5000 or so but not to the full clockwise limit like the speedo does. They start at the same time but finish different times.

I did a guage reset (1-5) and have tried different sub settings on menu 5 for different models as there is none listed specifically for the Z4 35 is. Still no joy.

Am I missing something?
JB4 log so we can check firmware and settings?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11552)
Old

Car: Z4 35is US
Default 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM

Terry - here you go.

Thanks.

NOTE: 3-12-20 issue is resolved. Reflashed JB4 G5_ISO_32_15 BETA with MHD BEF JB4_MHD_INA0S_PUMP. Full sweep on both Speedo and Tach

Last edited by johnnyz4; 03-15-2020 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Issue resolved
(#11553)
Old

Car: 2009 335i e92
Default 02-24-2020, 03:15 PM

menu 1-2 and 1-3 are both "delete all codes" ?? or is that a typo

2009 335i e92 n54 | FBO | JB4 | e85 flash |
(#11554)
Old

Car: E90 N54
Default Low boost 30FF - 02-25-2020, 11:58 AM

Hey everyone, I just installed a JB4 that I purchased off of someone on my E90 N54, ever since I have been getting multiple codes and not sure how to get it resolved

Codes Iím getting
3100 low boost mode engaged CEL displayed.
2ABD Intake pressure sensor, communication.
30FF boost under target possible boost leak.

The engine seems sluggish and hesitant.
(#11555)
Old

Car: 08 E60 535i
Default 02-25-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mada
Hey everyone, I just installed a JB4 that I purchased off of someone on my E90 N54, ever since I have been getting multiple codes and not sure how to get it resolved

Codes Iím getting

Start a new post under the "SUPPORT AND LOG REVIEW" and state what you did above.
Can you get a log of what you describe using the JB4? Slow and sluggish could be several things, but based on that PLUS the codes you stated the JB4 read, my guess (again, without a log) would be you have a blown off chargepipe, diverter valve, cracked/missing vac ,ine, etc. Can be easily fixed most of the time, but a log speaks a thousand words brother. Good luck and I'll watch for your post, see if I can help. There's many folks here with WAYYY more experience that I do.

Brandon
Hayden, Idaho.

* 08' 535I. * JB4 W/ Bluetooth Connect & custom tune. * Billy Boat 535I 3.5" *****-back exhaust W/ resonator delete. * BMS DCI. * NGK 2 step colder plugs @ .020" (And I mean .020" on money!). * New Eldor coils. * BMS BOV adapter and BMS Vac side OCC. * BMS Chargepipe. * TIAL BOV W/ Hard 1/4" Vacuum line W/stock spring. * XHP Stage 2 * C-@-T TUBES.

[/SIGPIC]
(#11556)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 02-26-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mada

Codes Iím getting

Probably just needs to be configured correctly. Post a log as Bbelstad said.
(#11557)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 02-26-2020, 05:17 PM

Basic question about Map 2 vs Map 5 when FBO with backend flash: does the auto-learning algorithm in play when running Map 5 have the same performance potential as Map 2?

IE: will Map 5 eventually auto-learn to the same relative performance level? Thinking more about timing and other factors as I know max boost target for Map 5 with BEF is the same as Map 2 (17 PSI)

Butt dyno results only but my car seems to run stronger at mid-range RPMs on Map 5 compared to Map 2, curious if I'm trading some WOT performance potential for mid-range driveability.

2008 E90 335i 6MT Sport A22, no iDrive
FBO | JB4 G5 ISO + Pump BEF | Turbosmart DualPort DVs | 335is/550i clutch | RE trans mounts, shift bushings | Phoenix CP | BMS DCI, OCC, diff lockdown, etc | ZHP knob | Shiftek DSSR | PS AS3+ on stock 162s
(#11558)
Old

Default 02-26-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Probably just needs to be configured correctly. Post a log as Bbelstad said.
He did, check it out in the support section. One of his logs that were posted last night had some good info in it, the others were too short to diagnose. You know better than me Beast. You would at least be able to tell by reading my advice I gave him if I am at least helping the situation lol.

Brandon
Hayden, Idaho.

* 08' 535I. * JB4 W/ Bluetooth Connect & custom tune. * Billy Boat 535I 3.5" *****-back exhaust W/ resonator delete. * BMS DCI. * NGK 2 step colder plugs @ .020" (And I mean .020" on money!). * New Eldor coils. * BMS BOV adapter and BMS Vac side OCC. * BMS Chargepipe. * TIAL BOV W/ Hard 1/4" Vacuum line W/stock spring. * XHP Stage 2 * C-@-T TUBES.

[/SIGPIC]
(#11559)
Old

Default 02-26-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb443
Basic question about Map 2 vs Map 5 when FBO with backend flash: does the auto-learning algorithm in play when running Map 5 have the same performance potential as Map 2?

IE: will Map 5 eventually auto-learn to the same relative performance level? Thinking more about timing and other factors as I know max boost target for Map 5 with BEF is the same as Map 2 (17 PSI)

Butt dyno results only but my car seems to run stronger at mid-range RPMs on Map 5 compared to Map 2, curious if I'm trading some WOT performance potential for mid-range driveability.
Please post this question in the support and help section under the N54 page. You'll get a quick response I'm sure. Good question though. I'm not sure how the timing would change as the BEF is the same regardless of the map chosen right? The timing target should stay the same I think between MAP 5 and 3. So MAP 5 would only be beneficial over MAP 2, I think, if you added E85 or a higher octane fuel allowing the DME to raise timing as boost goes up. Similar to MAP 2, except if you go DOWN in octane, the MAP would adjust accordingly, where as MAP 2 would always target the higher values regardless of octane, other factors. MAP 5 should provide a better overall experience while also maintaining the best conditions for your engine. Your butt may say otherwise but post a few back to back to back logs. MAP 2 and the a few in MAP 5. They will tell the tale.

So much for posting in the support section for help lol. But I'm no tuner or expert here. So don't take my word for it please. More people will see your questions in that section though and be able to give you better answers I'm sure.

Brandon
Hayden, Idaho.

[/SIGPIC]
(#11560)
Old

Default 02-26-2020, 06:07 PM

Also, I guess to sum it up. Think of MAP 5 as the same as MAP 2, IF your engine and all factors are up to the task and meet requirements or MAP 2. If not, MAP 5 will give you less fun than 2, but it will be safe as it will adjust down instead of up right? If the logs show the same between the two, I guess it's a good way to measure how healthy your car is (Fuel quality, plugs, coils, intake, etc.) Never thought of it that way, but yea, that should work.

Good luck and hoping to check out some of your logs, now I'm really curious

Brandon
Hayden, Idaho.

[/SIGPIC]
(#11561)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 03-07-2020, 08:25 PM

Has anyone had any issues with firmware 32/15

I installed it to support the NEW 2 Step for a manual and suddenly I am getting 3100 (low boost) I had a 1/2 check engine and even with it gone the code is still there and you can tell it has low boost. Also the JB4 is not logging.

It is 3 only wires (2 power and a trigger), someone needs to check the new install manual as it says to plug both power wires into pin 8. also the 2 step is listed in 2 places on the website, only 1 is updated to explain the new version

EXPLAINED
https://www.burgertuning.com/product...2aadb0f6&_ss=r

NOT EXPLAINED
https://burgertuning.com/collections...=2583596302360

I also got low oil. I added oil and it popped again later in the day, random between starts.

I am going to try going back to 32/14 tomorrow to see if the firmware was the issue.

08 535i MT Blk. CP w/BOV, JB4, BEF, DCI, edited things delete, Inlets, 7" FMIC, SP exhaust, X Clutch, poly/delrin shifter bushings, Walbro 525, RB PCV, catch can, VRSF oulets, MMP Gen 1 Stg3, 3.5Tbar, 2 step
On Hand: JB4 PI Controller
(#11562)
Old

Car: 08 535XI
Default Trans Temp - 03-12-2020, 10:32 AM

Good afternoon all: Just upgraded to 32_14_t11 (stable) now trans temp is broken. Anyone else seeing this? Tried searching the threads, nothing recent.

-Update, I downgraded to 32_12 and the issue resolved.

Last edited by Jonny535XI; 03-12-2020 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: update
(#11563)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 535xi
Default Jb4 e60 problem - 04-04-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
JB4 log so we can check firmware and settings?
Hi Terry, I recently installed the new jb4 G5 and somehow itís draining my battery. I brought my 2010 535xi to a mechanic who used a multimeter to find the issue as to why my batter was going flat and he told me that my jb4 is still drawing current after that car has been shut off. Please help.
(#11564)
Old

Default 04-05-2020, 05:28 PM

Hi Terry, I recently installed the new jb4 G5 and somehow it’s draining my battery. I brought my 2010 535xi to a mechanic who used a multimeter to find the issue as to why my batter was going flat and he told me that my jb4 is still drawing current after that car has been shut off. Could it be that I need to update the firmware? My mechanic who installed my jb4 did not use the red power wire with the male and female connectors , could this be the issue? Please help.
(#11565)
Old

Car: 07 335xi, 98 A4 2.8 Quattro
Default 04-06-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrillaE60
My mechanic who installed my jb4 did not use the red power wire with the male and female connectors , could this be the issue? Please help.
Why not use the power connection the way Burger intended? I think it's obvious that's the cause.
(#11566)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrillaE60
Hi Terry, I recently installed the new jb4 G5 and somehow itís draining my battery. I brought my 2010 535xi to a mechanic who used a multimeter to find the issue as to why my batter was going flat and he told me that my jb4 is still drawing current after that car has been shut off. Could it be that I need to update the firmware? My mechanic who installed my jb4 did not use the red power wire with the male and female connectors , could this be the issue? Please help.
Got any pictures?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11567)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Got any pictures?
I donít have any pictures yet because my car is still in the shop. However I still have the red JB4 power wire in the box that my Jb4 came with. Should I try and update the firmware and then have my mechanic add the power wire?
(#11568)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky
Why not use the power connection the way Burger intended? I think it's obvious that's the cause.
I donít know why my mechanic didnít add connect the power wire during installation. Iím going to have him do it this Saturday.
(#11569)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 135i
Default 04-19-2020, 11:48 AM

without removing my JB4 that I just received from BMS and installed can I update the firmware to the latest without cutting diodes. and I had the G4 before and reused wires without any mod it seems to be working I posted a log in the support log review and dave told me I could update firmware so I searched and I found instructions to remove diodes and wasn't sure if on the newer boards that has been removed already or if they were just left. I found it at the beging of this thread. any help is appreciated thanks
(#11570)
Old

Car: e92 335xi
Default 04-30-2020, 08:22 AM

Can't seem to find an answer to this question. I have an older BMS meth kit with I assume the version 1 FSB. Everything runs fine but the firmware and front end for JB4 are also older and compatible with version 1 FSB. If I switch to the latest software, will the meth kit still work or do I have to go thru the wiring changes to covert the version 1 FSB to version 2? Conversely if I were to rewire the FSB and keep the older software will it no longer work properly? I would like to get the progressive meth going with the later software but Hate changing 2 things at once. If there is a thread or something that explains this could someone please point me to it. I have the PDF for rewiring instructions. TIA.
(#11571)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-30-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida
Can't seem to find an answer to this question. I have an older BMS meth kit with I assume the version 1 FSB. Everything runs fine but the firmware and front end for JB4 are also older and compatible with version 1 FSB. If I switch to the latest software, will the meth kit still work or do I have to go thru the wiring changes to covert the version 1 FSB to version 2? Conversely if I were to rewire the FSB and keep the older software will it no longer work properly? I would like to get the progressive meth going with the later software but Hate changing 2 things at once. If there is a thread or something that explains this could someone please point me to it. I have the PDF for rewiring instructions. TIA.
All software versions will work, just follow the wiring guide depending on which FSB you have.

Burger Motorsports

(#11572)
Old

Car: e92 335xi
Default 04-30-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
All software versions will work, just follow the wiring guide depending on which FSB you have.
Thanks for responding. I'm a little dense though so could you clarify: what happens if I upgrade the software and do not rewire the version 1 FSB? Will I get same non-progressive meth or will I get something else?
(#11573)
Old

Car: Bmw E91 335i
Default 05-02-2020, 01:54 AM

Hello, I recently bought "Upgraded master chip" for my JB4. From BMS they told that would help to connect the phone. But when i changed that chip, car works fine except it's not as aggressive as before, feels like i'm 100 hp off, boost hits 5 psi lower than before. I'm was driving with map 2 before and after chip change. I could swap old chip back because phone doesn't work with new one either but it would be nice to have new chip there... what can i do ?
(#11574)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-04-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiH
Hello, I recently bought "Upgraded master chip" for my JB4. From BMS they told that would help to connect the phone. But when i changed that chip, car works fine except it's not as aggressive as before, feels like i'm 100 hp off, boost hits 5 psi lower than before. I'm was driving with map 2 before and after chip change. I could swap old chip back because phone doesn't work with new one either but it would be nice to have new chip there... what can i do ?
Would need a log to diagnose please.

Burger Motorsports

(#11575)
Old

Car: Bmw E91 335i
Default 05-04-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Would need a log to diagnose please.
Cant get log because cant connect my phone to jb4 even when changed that chip... Main reason I changed it was to connect phone. No fault codes nothing, car just changed completly after chip change... strange? With old chip I was getting random misfire codes, but not with this new. But that's not what causes that...