N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2018 mk7.5 1.8T m/t
Default 05-12-2019, 02:04 PM

Hello , new here as of today and a new jb4 user as of Thursday and have a question .
Im getting hiccups at idle speed only after a short run but all else seams fine when driving ,also car is on default setup map1 .
The hiccups are noticeable every few seconds and go away under load , I do have a data cable but waiting on having my pc fixed so i can run it ( im on Chromebook now )
My car 2018 1.8T m/t and running on 93 octane .

Just wondering if there is a quick solution and what can be done to resolve this minor issue , I should be able to log into my car as of this week and check firmware etc.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2017 Jetta GLI
Default 06-14-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI 1.8T Jasper
Hello , new here as of today and a new jb4 user as of Thursday and have a question .
Im getting hiccups at idle speed only after a short run but all else seams fine when driving ,also car is on default setup map1 .
The hiccups are noticeable every few seconds and go away under load , I do have a data cable but waiting on having my pc fixed so i can run it ( im on Chromebook now )
My car 2018 1.8T m/t and running on 93 octane .

Just wondering if there is a quick solution and what can be done to resolve this minor issue , I should be able to log into my car as of this week and check firmware etc.
bumping your question, I have the same symptoms, but on a GLI (also running 93 on map 1 w/ JB4)
(#28)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevox16
bumping your question, I have the same symptoms, but on a GLI (also running 93 on map 1 w/ JB4)
I did firmware update and it helps a lot , still there but now have to look for the hiccup, also I moved to map2 on 93 octane and it got better not as noticable ...and runs so much stronger on map2 but 93 octane only .
(#29)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-14-2019, 10:28 AM

For guys with the idle hiccup see if this firmware irons it out. Been sending it out to individual for the past week and it seems to be mostly eliminated with smoother spool up as well.
Let me know your findings.
Attached Files
File Type: hex JB4_EA888_8_4_T5.hex (58.6 KB, 34 views)

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Last edited by George @ BMS; 06-15-2019 at 05:40 AM..
(#30)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
For guys with the idle hiccup see if this firmware irons it out. Been sending it out to individual for the past week and it seems to be mostly eliminated with smoother spool up as well.

Just updated with this firmware will keep you posted and thanks for all the support.

PS loving map2 its so much smoother and keeps top end lot stronger I find , the car drives fantastic with lot less effort , just goes when you stomp on it haha
(#31)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I flashed this file and let tach come down from the cold start idle. Seems like it works. I haven't been able to test for more than a minute and now out of town with my wife's car . I'll keep you posted, but early indications are that this ironed it out. Regardless, you're a magician. Next stop, I'll see if the stock clutch can hold map 2 and maybe map 6 at some point. Thank you!! Loving my JB4.
(#32)
Old

Default 06-15-2019, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevox16
I flashed this file and let tach come down from the cold start idle. Seems like it works. I haven't been able to test for more than a minute and now out of town with my wife's car . I'll keep you posted, but early indications are that this ironed it out. Regardless, you're a magician. Next stop, I'll see if the stock clutch can hold map 2 and maybe map 6 at some point. Thank you!! Loving my JB4.
Cool, its the general feedback we getting.
Will wait for a few more responses and will add the new maps to this firmware and put it up on the Gen3 main page.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#33)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Still got the hiccups at idle otherwise all good
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Still got the hiccups at idle otherwise all good
As a test, put the brown MAP sensor connection on the top of the intake (the easy to reach one) to factory. Leaving the JB4 plug sitting out of the way, so we can see what effect bypassing that signal has.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#35)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
As a test, put the brown MAP sensor connection on the top of the intake (the easy to reach one) to factory. Leaving the JB4 plug sitting out of the way, so we can see what effect bypassing that signal has.

will do for sure , give it a try tomorrow and let you know

thanks
(#36)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
ok so just did what you asked , car was up to temp after drive from work ..with stock MAP sensor cable plugged in car has no hiccups at all once JB4 MAP cable gets plugged back in hiccups are back. I can say that they are lot less obvious with the firmware update but unfortunately do exist , as long as no harm im not to concern since they are very small but if you have a fix that would be fantastic.

Thanks
(#37)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
ok so just did what you asked , car was up to temp after drive from work ..with stock MAP sensor cable plugged in car has no hiccups at all once JB4 MAP cable gets plugged back in hiccups are back. I can say that they are lot less obvious with the firmware update but unfortunately do exist , as long as no harm im not to concern since they are very small but if you have a fix that would be fantastic.

Thanks
As a test remove that plug again and use some ear buds (cotton buds) and see if you can clean the pins on the sensor. Sometimes there is some sealant they use on the plugs and it can cause similar. If the car has high mileage also worth pulling the sensor and giving it a clean with some petrol if its covered in oil.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#38)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
As a test remove that plug again and use some ear buds (cotton buds) and see if you can clean the pins on the sensor. Sometimes there is some sealant they use on the plugs and it can cause similar. If the car has high mileage also worth pulling the sensor and giving it a clean with some petrol if its covered in oil.
Well the car is new just over 6000km on her so can't see the sensor being dirty but will recheck the connector and can add electronic grease to plug end possibly .

Thanks for the help .
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Thanks
OK that is what I wanted to know, so it's definitely related to the brown connector signal?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#40)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
OK that is what I wanted to know, so it's definitely related to the brown connector signal?
Yes definitely the Brown connector , so something is up with that signal , the car in new with just over 6k .
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 05:44 PM

While the brown is stock, do a log your normal performance map so I can see what difference it's making on the tuning side too having that one connection only factory.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
While the brown is stock, do a log your normal performance map so I can see what difference it's making on the tuning side too having that one connection only factory.
Ok will do but wont have it till next week , now can I use any USB extension cable with the data cable to run the laptop inside car for logging ..?
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 06:14 PM

Sure!

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Sure!

Awesome and thanks , will have it for you soon as I can ...this week little crazy Ill try Sunday or early next week .

Thanks
(#45)
Old

Default 06-25-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Cool, its the general feedback we getting.
Will wait for a few more responses and will add the new maps to this firmware and put it up on the Gen3 main page.
Been running it daily for the last week, it's so much better. Like another member mentioned in another thread, i actually connected to the JB4 app in a parking lot because I wasn't sure if it reverted to map 0; it's that smooth.