N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2151)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 05-14-2019, 02:32 AM

^ agree 1000%

It took me over an hour to do the grommet part. That OBDII wire is there permanently.

As for the Fuel Wires...complete afterthought. I know they were an extra $30 addition in the beginning. But since they come with the unit now...they have should have proper looping connectors. Especially for the price.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#2152)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 05-14-2019, 04:11 AM

I punctured the grommet all the way through and ran the wire through it. I taped the wire to a long screwdriver and put it through the puncture, then pulled the wire up from the engine side. Didn't have to remove the computer. Pretty easy. I do agree on the plugs vs. the wire taps... especially from the stealth and wire longevity standpoint.
(#2153)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 04:40 AM

^ Yeah...I ended up using a coat hanger...and taping the JB4 connector to it with electrical tape...and pulled it through as well (towards engine side).

Problem is...you can very easily damage the existing wires by doing that. If that happens...you are SOL...and would have to go to the dealer most likely. What would you tell them at that point...LOL.

Other than that gommet...I searched around for another spot...even on the passenger side behind the glove compartment. I could not find a single other access point. Frustrating.

(#2154)
Old

Car: 2019 G70 Sport AWD
Default 05-14-2019, 04:42 AM

Do I need to modify any settings while I dont have the fuel wires connected with the latest firmware? Until my replacement taps arrive tomorrow, i am SOL.

2019 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3T AWD
(#2155)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqued
Do I need to modify any settings while I dont have the fuel wires connected with the latest firmware? Until my replacement taps arrive tomorrow, i am SOL.
No...you can just run it as is. I think past v7 it is all automated, etc.

(#2156)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
I got the JB4 today, and got it partially installed (no fuel wires yet). I took it for a spin on the stock plugs, with Map1 and 93 octane. To say I am a bit blown away by the amount of power this car is putting down already would be an understatement. It is night and day different already. for that Kudos guys, this thing is pretty awesome

HOWEVER, I will say while your online docs were helpful, they were lacking in one spot in particular....THE DARN RUBBER GROMMIT! I wish you would have put some more time into showing how that part is done. I wasted a huge amount of time on that....there is even a video out there which suggests putting a hole in the grommit, which i found hard as hell, and eventually i just went to the side of it....wish i did that to start!!!!!!

Lastly, I think it would be worthwhile for you to spend the extra coin on loop plugs like the other wires for the fuel wires/O2 sensors instead of the wire taps. For one, it would make install and removal of the fuel wires 10x easier, but it would also prevent idiots like me from dropping the freggin grey piece into the land of no return....(the reason I didnt install the fuel wires ). Either that, or give us some extras, because those cant be found any where locally that ive found. I did find them on amazon, and thankfully I have 6 more on the way.

Anyway, here are two very short pulls. Please take a gander if you dont mind! Once again, well done, and dont take my criticisms as overly negative, i am just trying to let you know what may help the next guy.
On grommet you just push it out from inside, run wire through, and push it back in. Takes maybe 2 min total and no holes are required. We'll have to make a better video of that soon. Maybe the AWD models have a different grommet?

Two short logs seem fine. We have replacement posi-taps on our site also, should the need arise.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2157)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 08:31 AM

Yeah i discovered pushing the grommet out and going around it is FAR easier.....just didnt realize that i could do that. Going through it is incredibly difficult and as noted risks damaging the existing harness. So doing that is unwise imo. Wish i knew that before spending over an hour lol.

Thx for the reply on the logs. I will try to get some longer ones without getting caught by the popo lol. Holding WOT as you are aware gets you well over 100 in a big hurry lol

(#2158)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have replacement posi-taps on our site also, should the need arise.
Yeah I get it, but getting those posi-taps on there is a PITA, and dropping one of them is VERY easy to do. I realize the cost of those plugs is probably significant, but being able to avoid that part of the install, and just using loop plugs would make this install a breeze, especially if you give a good video on how to get past that grommet (w/out taking out the ECU). As it is, I need to send my G70 in to the dealer for some work (not mechanical), but still plan to remove the system while that happens. I highly doubt they will notice the positap on the o2 sensor, seeing its not even going in for mechanical work anyway, and they have no business under the hood, but I sure as hell would feel better if I could remove them w/out a single trace as quickly/simply, and reinstall would be breeze as well. Consider it . If it meant another $20 or whatever, I would happily pay for the upgrade if you were to release one

(#2159)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2019, 09:22 AM

Things can always be better but I'm not sure all customers would want to pay the extra $100+ it would cost to do it that way. Maybe down the road we'll make a separate more expensive part for those who want it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2160)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Things can always be better but I'm not sure all customers would want to pay the extra $100+ it would cost to do it that way. Maybe down the road we'll make a separate more expensive part for those who want it.
Holy #*!~ That expensive eh? While I would have to think twice...honestly I might just go for it anyway . There is a lot to be said for simplicity. For those folks who plan to routinely remove this system for dealer maintenance (Genesis folks especially given they get 3 years maintenance free), I think it might very well be worth it.

(#2161)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 01:00 PM

^ FYI...I tried my hardest to pop that grommet out. No luck...hence going right through it.

(#2162)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
^ FYI...I tried my hardest to pop that grommet out. No luck...hence going right through it.
Maybe it's a G70 thing vs. Stinger? Ours pushed right out minimal effort.

Burger Motorsports

(#2163)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 01:57 PM

^ has to be...as I tried for about 30 min. I gave up...and then spent another 30 min doing it the coat hanger way. So full hour. That is why I am never removing it...LOL. The connectors will be nicely hidden when going to the dealer.

(#2164)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-14-2019, 01:58 PM

Its hard to push with the finger. I used a plastic chopstick.
(#2165)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 04:43 PM

I got the new denso plugs installed tonight, and gapped to .022. Here are a few pulls. I still do not have the fuel wires installed and the car pulls like a motha, especially in Map 2. Again, very impressed so far. The car already feels substantially faster 0-60 than my 6.4 Scatpack Charger (~420rwhp). I cant wait to see what the fuel wires, and some extra octane will do.

Please let me know how things are going with the logs. Where can we learn how to read these things?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-14 18_34_55_Map-1.csv (5.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-14 18_36_05_Map-2.csv (6.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-14 18_54_35_Map-2.csv (4.4 KB, 14 views)

(#2166)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
^ has to be...as I tried for about 30 min. I gave up...and then spent another 30 min doing it the coat hanger way. So full hour. That is why I am never removing it...LOL. The connectors will be nicely hidden when going to the dealer.
yeah i think im going to do the same.....either way, i dont think them finding an obdii connector is going to void jack squat.

(#2167)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I got the new denso plugs installed tonight, and gapped to .022. Here are a few pulls. I still do not have the fuel wires installed and the car pulls like a motha, especially in Map 2. Again, very impressed so far. The car already feels substantially faster 0-60 than my 6.4 Scatpack Charger (~420rwhp). I cant wait to see what the fuel wires, and some extra octane will do.

Please let me know how things are going with the logs. Where can we learn how to read these things?
Log looks good. Let's see map3 next.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2168)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 05:14 PM

Thanks Terry!

Unfortunately E85 is quite hard to find around here (Atlanta GA). I may have to try race fuel instead.

I have a guy who is very well known in the Mopar community that produces a fuel additive that has a large following. The product is called Aces IV. It claims to achieve a 10 Octane "effect". It does it through a combination of actual octane boost, and also a cooler/faster flame front, coupled with lubrication to the valves and upper cylinder, which also has an additional cooling effect. Folks have reported that using it with 93 Octane produces similar results as Race Gas. I am definitely planning to put it to the test on the Dyno! Once I get the fuel wires hooked up tomorrow, I will see about scheduling some time at my local AWD Dynojet and see what this ole girl is putting down!

(#2169)
Old

Default 05-15-2019, 08:59 AM

Terry,

What are you using to generate those graphs? Is that something you can share?

(#2170)
Old

Car: G70
Default 05-15-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Terry,

What are you using to generate those graphs? Is that something you can share?
Open it back up in the app, make sure you're displaying WOT on the axis and export it again as an image.
(#2171)
Old

Default 05-15-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ
Open it back up in the app, make sure you're displaying WOT on the axis and export it again as an image.
NM folks, i created a template on Plot.ly

It took a bit to get it setup, but now all i have to do is copy/paste the data in (I suspect Terry is using the same or similar graphing tool .

Here is a sample

(#2172)
Old

Default 05-15-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
NM folks, i created a template on Plot.ly

It took a bit to get it setup, but now all i have to do is copy/paste the data in (I suspect Terry is using the same or similar graphing tool .

Here is a sample
Sorry Edit is not working for some reason when using advanced features?
Attached Images

(#2173)
Old

Default 05-15-2019, 04:58 PM

Got the fuel wires installed and put 5 gals of E85 in and topped it off with 93. Ran for a while on Map 3. It seemed to run like a top! Not a HUGE difference between map 2 from what I can tell, but overall I was still quite impressed. I think my peak boost was about the same as last night on Map 2 logs, but it certainly could be less favorable DA effecting that too. Either way, I am impressed. This G70 is the ultimate sleeper
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-15 18_48_58_Map-3.csv (9.1 KB, 10 views)

(#2174)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger
Default 05-15-2019, 07:21 PM

I guess i need to post some logs as im still not really impressed with it?? Been on map 3 running e85 mix with fuel wires for over 1k now and i still just dont see or feel much of a difference as people claim. Im 2019 gt rwd andi still barely break traction with everything disabled.
(#2175)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 05-16-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
...Please let me know how things are going with the logs. Where can we learn how to read these things?
Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia