N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 11:35 AM

That would be it. If it sprays when doing a test purge then generally is OK.

You could set meth trigger = 1 so meth flows on all maps, and then log map1 with meth trigger = 1 and without, to see if fuel trims change.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That would be it. If it sprays when doing a test purge then generally is OK.

You could set meth trigger = 1 so meth flows on all maps, and then log map1 with meth trigger = 1 and without, to see if fuel trims change.
That's the external trigger enabled? I'll give that a try. I'm also using about 30-35% meth, but would still expect to see a change in fuel trims.
(#103)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 01:13 PM

1 enables WMI on all maps, 0 the default enable WMI only on map8.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old

Default 04-12-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Got it. Will give it a shot.
(#105)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 06:24 PM

Also I would not suggest using less than a 50/50 mix.

Burger Motorsports

(#106)
Old

Default 04-13-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
2 map 1 pulls back to back 1 with external trigger on and 1 with it off.....not sure I see much difference but maybe you can tell?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-13 08_16_39_Map-1.csv (6.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-13 08_17_41_Map-1.csv (6.5 KB, 17 views)
(#107)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 04-13-2019, 09:36 AM

Terry mind checking my log. If it looks okay, might be ready to try e30 next week.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-07 18_52_09_Map-8 (RS).csv (15.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-07 18_57_42_Map-8 (RS).csv (12.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Rs400newbie; 04-13-2019 at 09:43 AM..
(#108)
Old

Default 04-13-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
2 map 1 pulls back to back 1 with external trigger on and 1 with it off.....not sure I see much difference but maybe you can tell?
I just checked in Excel and even with external trigger to 1 it showed meth flow as 0.....
(#109)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Terry mind checking my log. If it looks okay, might be ready to try e30 next week.
Looks good to me. We raced our Q50 w/ E30 and WMI at the half mile event all day, maybe 10 pulls. Ran great!

Burger Motorsports

(#110)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I just checked in Excel and even with external trigger to 1 it showed meth flow as 0.....
Any explanation on this? Has the external trigger and meth flow been confirmed on v7 firmware to work with all the other maps?
(#111)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-14-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Meth trigger mode is still 0 in these logs not 1.

Make sure to click save after inputting the value.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Meth trigger mode is still 0 in these logs not 1.

Make sure to click save after inputting the value.
I'm obviously missing something...is it the "external trigger enable" from the WMI menu or somewhere else?
(#113)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 05:32 PM

Or should it be meth trigger mode from the user adjust menu?
(#114)
Old

Default 04-15-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Or should it be meth trigger mode from the user adjust menu?
Looks like you have to enable on both. Just tested this morning. Meth feels much smoother on my map6
(#115)
Old

Default 04-15-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Looks like you have to enable on both. Just tested this morning. Meth feels much smoother on my map6
I swear its like pulling teeth to get detailed info on what to change where in the JB4 app. There are so many settings in there, many of which do not apply to our platform. It would be nice if there was more detailed responses or pictures on what to change where. I had to Google the BMW platform to see what the meth safety settings were.....
(#116)
Old

Default 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM

Totally agree with you. From the install to jb4 app settings. I do understand BMS not releasing too much info on the settings. You can easily damage your engine if done incorrectly. Us adventurous guys will have to learn it the hard way until they release a detailed guide for our platform.
(#117)
Old

Default 04-15-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Totally agree with you. From the install to jb4 app settings. I do understand BMS not releasing too much info on the settings. You can easily damage your engine if done incorrectly. Us adventurous guys will have to learn it the hard way until they release a detailed guide for our platform.
The opposite is true, I could have put it on map 7 expecting meth flow and not had any meth because the vendor wasn't clear about what setting to turn on. This could have resulted in damage. There's only a handful of us early adopters and we're providing info to others on this site and 2 others which will lead to others following....it would be nice if we could get detailed support.
(#118)
Old

Default 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
The opposite is true, I could have put it on map 7 expecting meth flow and not had any meth because the vendor wasn't clear about what setting to turn on. This could have resulted in damage. There's only a handful of us early adopters and we're providing info to others on this site and 2 others which will lead to others following....it would be nice if we could get detailed support.
Thatís why they recommend to stick with map8, 50/50 meth etc for now. Iím good with their settings but ready to move on and comfortable enough to start customizing.
(#119)
Old

Default 04-15-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Thatís why they recommend to stick with map8, 50/50 meth etc for now. Iím good with their settings but ready to move on and comfortable enough to start customizing.
In my case, we're not seeing a drop in fuel trims with the meth on so we were trying to troubleshoot.
(#120)
Old

Default 04-17-2019, 06:49 PM

New logs with -20F WFF and HEET, should be ~50/50 meth. Track outing was a new best, worse 60ft but took 2 tenths off my 0 to 60 and dropped et to 12.4 at 114mph. Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-17 18_29_13_Map-8-track 1.csv (20.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-17 19_37_25_Map-8.csv (10.6 KB, 9 views)
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 07:05 PM

Looks decent to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Looks decent to me!
Thanks, I'm guessing it was peppier due to the higher meth content....though I still didn't see the drop in trims like others, but the boost was higher so they could offset. High gear I could see the trims drop, and if I switch to my map 6 the trims are lower so it's got to be doing something.
(#123)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 06:07 PM

Learned something today. Purge only works on map8 seems like. Tried Purge in map6 with External Trigger 1 doesnít work.
(#124)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Learned something today. Purge only works on map8 seems like. Tried Purge in map6 with External Trigger 1 doesnít work.
Yup I found that out too.
(#125)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Yup I found that out too.
Scared me a bit since I just retubed some lines then the pump wouldnít activate lol.

Also, maybe itís just the warm weather the other day, noticed the car tranny jerked a few times under 30mph when shifting with External Trigger 1 enabled. I will keep a keen eye on it.