N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default Next Gauge Theme - 02-17-2019, 02:25 PM

Hey guys, I wanted to reach out to check what kind of gauge theme you all would like to see. Once we get a few rough options, I'll make a poll so we can vote on which one will come out next.

Let us know the kind of gauge (bars, radial, etc.), color scheme, and any other relevant info you want. If you want to mock something up to give an example, even better!

The Needle Fill theme (by Masterwang) can be found below. If sizes and filenames remain exactly the same, that makes my life much easier.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JB4 Mobile Theme Template.zip (5.58 MB, 369 views)

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com

Last edited by Dmac @ BMS/DMD; 02-19-2019 at 11:23 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2018 s5 coupe
Default 02-17-2019, 10:31 PM

For the audi guys, something that could mimic the gauges in the virtual ****pit would look clean!

2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybrid CTS FMIC BMS jb4 with BCM BMS WMI Roc-euro intake/ECS inlet hose Ringless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitter H&R springs Color matched side skirts Niche Misano 20x10.5 et27
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 02-18-2019, 07:08 AM

+1 for getting something as close as can be to the OEM gauges. In my E82, I already leave the layout on 6 gauges, circle, with amber lighting solely because it's the closest to my others and I like the uniformity.

PS, thanks again for this app. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier and more interesting!

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i E92
Default 02-18-2019, 02:55 PM

Hi,

I have a suggestion. I think you should publish the files for a basic theme as a template (I mean what size the images should be and what the app is expecting), so the community can contribute. Design themes, or make a way so they are easily implementable for custom use.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 02-18-2019, 05:22 PM

Would still like a fix to the android / samsung galaxy s9+ . I HATE having to unplug the adapter and replug EVERYTIME to use the app. Same adapter for Carly, MHD, etc. Issue is only with JB4 app. I have already emailed before and still no fix.
(#6)
Old
administartor

Car: F80 M3
Default 02-19-2019, 12:42 AM

What do you guys think about a JB4 logo on all the gauge screens, a JB4 start up screen, and an option to make any of the gauges full screen?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 02-19-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Would still like a fix to the android / samsung galaxy s9+ . I HATE having to unplug the adapter and replug EVERYTIME to use the app. Same adapter for Carly, MHD, etc. Issue is only with JB4 app. I have already emailed before and still no fix.

Sucks. I can tell you that the Bluetooth (rev 3) kit works with the S9+, 100%.

----

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4 Map 1 | PUMP BEF | 94 Octane | @15 PSI
BMS: JB4 | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020
RB PCV Valve

Pending Install:
BMS WMI

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & T Stat
(#8)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 10:15 AM

I'm in favor of being able to add even more gauges than 6.
I don't mind a row of small below (x5) and a row of large (x3) up top.

----

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020
RB PCV Valve

Pending Install:
BMS WMI

Maintenance:
(#9)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
What do you guys think about a JB4 logo on all the gauge screens, a JB4 start up screen, and an option to make any of the gauges full screen?
I don't care for the JB4 logos on the screen (we all know what we have ) but I really want the ability to customize the number of gauges on the screen (whether it be 1, 2, 4, or 6). Sometimes I only want to see boost, sometimes I only want to see IATs - they're too small to see with 6 on the page when the car is getting to be so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx
THIS would be cool too. Maybe you guys could just give us a grid layout and we could drag / resize gauges as needed to meet our need.

One last edit: would it be possible to make colors on the graphs editable? And customize thresholds for each color for each metric?
(#10)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-19-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquattro
For the audi guys, something that could mimic the gauges in the virtual ****pit would look clean!
Can you get me a few good pics of what you're referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
+1 for getting something as close as can be to the OEM gauges. In my E82, I already leave the layout on 6 gauges, circle, with amber lighting solely because it's the closest to my others and I like the uniformity.

PS, thanks again for this app. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier and more interesting!
Glad you're enjoying it! Yes, I tried to make the amber color as close to my 135i lighting as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninger
Hi,

I have a suggestion. I think you should publish the files for a basic theme as a template (I mean what size the images should be and what the app is expecting), so the community can contribute. Design themes, or make a way so they are easily implementable for custom use.
I'll edit the first post here and attach the template we use for the Needle Fill theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
This thread isn't for this topic, but:
Download USB Device Info from the Play Store.
Open that app.
Connect the cable.
Does that app show anything connected?
Repeat this a few times to verify.

If you have issues in this app as well, then there is an issue with your device, OTG cable, or BMS Data cable.

Please respond to this in another thread or via email.

Quote:
Individual full-screen gauges shouldn't be too hard to get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
I don't care for the JB4 logos on the screen (we all know what we have ) but I really want the ability to customize the number of gauges on the screen (whether it be 1, 2, 4, or 6). Sometimes I only want to see boost, sometimes I only want to see IATs - they're too small to see with 6 on the page when the car is getting to be so fast

THIS would be cool too. Maybe you guys could just give us a grid layout and we could drag / resize gauges as needed to meet our need.

One last edit: would it be possible to make colors on the graphs editable? And customize thresholds for each color for each metric?
We can see about starting this custom layout with this new theme.

Regarding the graphing changes, it's doable and will tie into some info I'll be releasing about upcoming Android changes.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#11)
Old
administartor

Default 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I don't care for the JB4 logos on the screen (we all know what we have )
The JB4 logo on the gauge screen/app is for when people post screen shots, photos, or videos of the app or gauges we can advertise JB4. It's a marketing thing more than a user awareness thing.

Here's someone mistaking the JB4 app for MHD. The fuel it app has the logo on it. dragy has a JB4 startup screen. Why not add it to the JB4 app?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#12)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
The JB4 logo on the gauge screen/app is for when people post screen shots or photos of the app or gauges we can advertise JB4. It's a marketing thing more than a user awareness thing.
Not sure this is possible, but it would be cool if the app would automatically apply a watermark on screenshots for this reason. As long as the logo doesn't take up any real estate from the gauges there would be no concern for it being there
(#13)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 02-19-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000

Agreed - I would love to see some BMW speedo gauge type of replication.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#14)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 02-19-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
Agreed - I would love to see some BMW speedo gauge type of replication.
+1 to this.
(#15)
Old
administartor

Default 02-19-2019, 02:12 PM

Layout with 7 gauges.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: E90
Default 02-19-2019, 05:04 PM

Completely concur that having them skinned as bimmer dials would be nice.
(#17)
Old

Car: future 335i
Default 02-20-2019, 05:49 AM

any way to make an option to custom color each of the 6 gauges? For example I would like to have most the amber color but do boost gauge green and IAT gauge blue etc..
(#18)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E92 335i
Default 02-20-2019, 08:59 AM

Personally I couldn't care less about more themes, colors etc...

What I would like to see is a way to define what parameters are shown on the gauges. 6 on screen is still fine but being able to select high and low fuel pressures, fuel trims, BOTH banks of AFRs, VANOS requested and actual position, IAT and so on.

The only way now to see that info is to take a log and view the graph, which in the app you have to eyeball since there's no way to pinpoint values at a specific spot on the graph.

Being able to glance at one parameter on the gauges during a pull would make troubleshooting and tuning much easier!

2007 335i E92 6MT FBO, Stock Turbos
(#19)
Old

Default 02-20-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_ABQ
Personally I couldn't care less about more themes, colors etc...

What I would like to see is a way to define what parameters are shown on the gauges. 6 on screen is still fine but being able to select high and low fuel pressures, fuel trims, BOTH banks of AFRs, VANOS requested and actual position, IAT and so on.

The only way now to see that info is to take a log and view the graph, which in the app you have to eyeball since there's no way to pinpoint values at a specific spot on the graph.

Being able to glance at one parameter on the gauges during a pull would make troubleshooting and tuning much easier!
Wait a second, am I understanding you correctly? You want to change which parameter is on <gauge 3>? You can already do that
(#20)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E92 335i
Default 02-20-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Wait a second, am I understanding you correctly? You want to change which parameter is on <gauge 3>? You can already do that
AWESOME! Just tried it. Is this a new thing? I looked this up in the past and was told they were locked.
Sorry for the dumb post...

2007 335i E92 6MT FBO, Stock Turbos
(#21)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 02-20-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_ABQ
AWESOME! Just tried it. Is this a new thing? I looked this up in the past and was told they were locked.
Sorry for the dumb post...
This has been around for as long as I can remember

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#22)
Old

Default 02-21-2019, 10:57 AM

Just a note - my use is 100% horizontal. I'm not sure what is most common.
I'm actually quite happy with my 6 dials. So long as I don't loose this I'll continue to be happy.

- However -

My car is parked and un-powered for the winter or I'd check the following; (described colors would be background of gauge, maybe inter 2/3, leaving the outer (with the numbers) unchanged)

- Can the AFR gauge turn yellow/red as the values creep towards the un-ideal? (prior to kicking to Map 4)
- Boost be Green unless more than 2 PSI off Target for more than 2 seconds?
- IAT go red if over a user defined threshold
- Trans, Water, Oil have a yellow (warming), green (ideal) and red (too hot)

Really being creative, of the 6 gauges on screen, maybe have the two on the right side (horizontal) only show DME parameters that are starting to go outside of ideal boundaries, but have still not triggered the Safety Map.
So, if the LPFP value is getting within 5% of triggering the Safety Map, have that gauge pop-up on the right in yellow, or even blinking? (on for 4/5 of a second, off for 1/5 of a second, repeating)

This type of action could help reduce the time looking at the log, and only doing so if we see thresholds breached.

So, User Definable Thresholds for each Parameter, where it turns yellow(/red) on breach. Further, the option of having a background monitored values be brought to the foreground on threshold breach. (pre Safety Map being triggered).

----

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020
RB PCV Valve

Pending Install:
BMS WMI

Maintenance:
(#23)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW X6 35i
Default 02-22-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Hey guys, I wanted to reach out to check what kind of gauge theme you all would like to see. Once we get a few rough options, I'll make a poll so we can vote on which one will come out next.

Let us know the kind of gauge (bars, radial, etc.), color scheme, and any other relevant info you want. If you want to mock something up to give an example, even better!

The Needle Fill theme (by Masterwang) can be found below. If sizes and filenames remain exactly the same, that makes my life much easier.
It wont let me upload the pic of what I would like, can I email/PM it?

**edit, was able to zip it
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20190222_204844.zip (2.35 MB, 35 views)

Project Succubus - 2015 Estoril Blue M235i F23
Sponsors: SoloWerks, Extreme PowerHouse, and AEM Intake Systems

Last edited by TwistedX; 02-22-2019 at 09:56 PM..
(#24)
Old

Car: 2011 e93 335is
Default 02-25-2019, 09:54 AM

I would like to see the ability to have multiple pages for gauges. swipe left and you have another page of six gauges. this way you can monitor many parameters not just 6. also what about a volt meter, calculated hp and torque? similar to the boost gauge with saving max record with double tap to view and reset.
(#25)
Old

Default 02-25-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritter
I would like to see the ability to have multiple pages for gauges. swipe left and you have another page of six gauges. this way you can monitor many parameters not just 6. also what about a volt meter, calculated hp and torque? similar to the boost gauge with saving max record with double tap to view and reset.

Sexy.

Speaking of double-tap for max;
Max boost should not reflect the momentary spike when you let off the gas, just prior to the boost being vented.
Max boost is always a lie, and this makes me sad.

----

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020
RB PCV Valve

Pending Install:
BMS WMI

Maintenance: