N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: B9 A4
Default 12-04-2018, 07:30 PM

Since we are talking about the MPG gauge in the car. How does the JB4 affect the actual reading? Since the unit also "tricks" the car regarding the amount of fuel it is delivering, does it cause an artificially high reading on the MPG gauge?
(#277)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-05-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsh
Since we are talking about the MPG gauge in the car. How does the JB4 affect the actual reading? Since the unit also "tricks" the car regarding the amount of fuel it is delivering, does it cause an artificially high reading on the MPG gauge?
Considering the percentage of time the car is in full throttle fueling changes are negligible and within the limit of the actual cars accuracy to calculate this.
Based on feedback from clients who use fleet fuel cards this is the general consensus as well.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#278)
Old

Car: Audi SQ5 B9 (2018)
Default 12-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Considering the percentage of time the car is in full throttle fueling changes are negligible and within the limit of the actual cars accuracy to calculate this.
Based on feedback from clients who use fleet fuel cards this is the general consensus as well.
Perfect thank you

i also would like to see the trans temp and oil temp but the gauge will not display a reading. Is the car OBD2 not sending that reading or is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Would it be at all possible to get the app work with Apple CarPlay one day? as that would be amazing and not sure for other users but i would pay ~50$ if that was an option.
(#279)
Old

Default 12-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sq5_mk2
Perfect thank you

i also would like to see the trans temp and oil temp but the gauge will not display a reading. Is the car OBD2 not sending that reading or is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Would it be at all possible to get the app work with Apple CarPlay one day? as that would be amazing and not sure for other users but i would pay ~50$ if that was an option.
Hi,

We havent been able to find the oil temp parameter to add it to the logging page. Trans temp will be a issue as the ECU doesnt get this reading and it only outputs on the TCU.
The app developer has been working with Apple for this but its a very slow process. No guarantees if it will happen.
If you jail brake a older phone you can get a app that overides the Carplay restriction. The one I used to test is called Car Bridge. It worked on our Polo GTI and RS3.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#280)
Old

Default 12-05-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Hi,

We havent been able to find the oil temp parameter to add it to the logging page. Trans temp will be a issue as the ECU doesnt get this reading and it only outputs on the TCU.
The app developer has been working with Apple for this but its a very slow process. No guarantees if it will happen.
If you jail brake a older phone you can get a app that overides the Carplay restriction. The one I used to test is called Car Bridge. It worked on our Polo GTI and RS3.
Thanks, will look in to this and try it out
(#281)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 12-07-2018, 06:17 PM

Are we really discussing MPG on the JB4 forum?

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#282)
Old

Default 12-07-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Are we really discussing MPG on the JB4 forum?
Makes no sense to literally burn more cash then needed when you donít seek power. If you donít care about burning cash you can send it my way.
(#283)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 12-07-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sq5_mk2
Makes no sense to literally burn more cash then needed when you donít seek power. If you donít care about burning cash you can send it my way.
If you really cared about MPG and spending money, you wouldn't have purchased an AUDI SQ5. Calm down, I just bought an Audi so I can officially give people crap on this subforum.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#284)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2018, 11:25 PM

Was able to hit the private track tonight in the S4. JB4 map5, 30% E85 mix, otherwise all stock. Happy to see it in the 11s!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#285)
Old

Car: Audi B9 S4
Default 12-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Have you guys run a quarter mile with the wmi setup? Are you releasing the wmi adapter soon for the B9 S4? Thanks.
(#286)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2018, 10:22 AM

I'll make a new thread for the RS3/TTRS platform, as George mentioned we don't want the S4 guys upset when they see your dragy times.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#287)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 12-09-2018, 07:02 PM

Terry/George - do you have any downshift blocker that will fit on the S4? There is never really anytime that I want to trigger it and saw you had some options in the bmw page.
(#288)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2018, 08:21 PM

I haven't looked in to that but will.

Burger Motorsports

(#289)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 12-09-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I haven't looked in to that but will.
Thanks! Also, I installed the revised chip you sent me and got the system malfunction on deccel today. I'm on original firmware, which one is the latest version to update to?

B4_SENT_AUDI_S4_2:

or

AUDI_JB4_SENT_T7:
(#290)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
Thanks! Also, I installed the revised chip you sent me and got the system malfunction on deccel today. I'm on original firmware, which one is the latest version to update to?

B4_SENT_AUDI_S4_2:

or

AUDI_JB4_SENT_T7:

JB4_SENT_AUDI_S4_2 is the latest. See if the issue is solved with that.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#291)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 10:54 PM

Any eta on the wmi adapter for the S4?
(#292)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-12-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9S4
Any eta on the wmi adapter for the S4?
Should be here next week!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old

Default 12-12-2018, 01:13 PM

Sweet! I'll put an order in for the full kit once its on the site.
(#294)
Old

Default 12-13-2018, 10:40 AM

You guys are recommending the BM10 correct? Have you been able to push the boost a few psi with the wmi and pump? I'll be installing a hybrid gtx3582r so interested to see if I encounter stock fueling limitations with this setup.
(#295)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-14-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9S4
You guys are recommending the BM10 correct? Have you been able to push the boost a few psi with the wmi and pump? I'll be installing a hybrid gtx3582r so interested to see if I encounter stock fueling limitations with this setup.
We are using a BM10 with stock turbo. The car we're testing actually will be the same hybrid setup as you. So I'll have more info on how the single BM10 does.

There are 2 spots for nozzles on the meth spacer.

Burger Motorsports

(#296)
Old

Default 12-14-2018, 09:49 AM

Great, look forward to seeing the results!
(#297)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default JB4_SENT_AUDI_S4_2 and 233F code - 12-14-2018, 03:33 PM

Updated to JB4_SENT_AUDI_S4_2 and started getting the all the dash warning lights and code 233F. I was running AUDI_JB4_SENT_T7 with no problems for about a month since I installed. I reverted back to T7 today and no issues again. It looks like the old problem has resurfaced with the new firmware and version split. What changed that would cause this to come back? I attached a log for those interested to see.
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs (CF50JA088238).csv (3.7 KB, 50 views)

Current Car
2018 Audi S5 Sportback - Prestige, Gotland Green
Mods - JB4
Previous Cars
2015 Audi S4, PP, Glacier White
2008 BMW e92, 335I, Space Gray, JB4
(#298)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2018, 04:58 PM

Get the 233F fault code under what map and driving conditions specifically?

Burger Motorsports

(#299)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 12-15-2018, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Get the 233F fault code under what map and driving conditions specifically?
Map 3, WOT about 2 seconds in.

Current Car
2018 Audi S5 Sportback - Prestige, Gotland Green
Mods - JB4
Previous Cars
2015 Audi S4, PP, Glacier White
2008 BMW e92, 335I, Space Gray, JB4
(#300)
Old

Car: Audi S5 SB
Default 12-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Just updated the firmware and go the new chip about a month ago. No more drive train malfunctions so far.

Any news on the intake? Will there be a need for any adjustments to the map?