N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-04-2018, 02:28 AM

With ISO Firmware : Will all maps work Map's (2-5) ?? or i should only use Map 6 ??

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#452)
Old

Default 01-04-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Please carefully read the first post made by Terry. I believe all is well explained in that.
I read the first post it says JB4 maps are generally the same as F series integrated firmware.

But it also says RPM FF gain is disabled in this firmware.So how will the map 5 work ??

It also says DB must be set manully to match your turbocharger what if i have stock turbo and using map 5 ??

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#453)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 01-08-2018, 03:10 PM

what the different םמ ISL_8_T1

how to download

the new version?

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#454)
Old

Default 01-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror135
what the different םמ ISL_8_T1

how to download

the new version?
I want it too

(#455)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Terry (yes, me again )

Got the Big turbo BM3 OTS running flat 17psi DME_BT. However in this map4 log JB4 is targeting flat 8psi. Any idea why?

Once dry I'll do a bunch of logs using this OTS as BEF
Map4 is a stock boost map. There is a toggle for whether you want the JB4 to listen to or ignore the factory boost target. I'd leave it in ignore, as it appears to be set now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#456)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2018, 09:46 AM

I see a possible cause for this. Will add an update to the first post for you to try.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#457)
Old

Car: 2013 535i (N55 F10)
Default 01-12-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Ehmmmm, am I the only one interested in perfecting the ISO FW?

You are not the only one!

2013 F10 535i N55 PWG, Pure Stage 2, Wagner FMIC, ER Charge pipe, ER **, BMS Intake, JB4, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, Fuel-It Platinum PI Kit, BootMod3 Flash, Remus Exhaust, Custom In-let, N20 TMAP.
1999 e36 M3 - Track Car
(#458)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-12-2018, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Then please test out the latest 8_T2 I have the below issue... Boost start out nicely on target but become more and more "wobbly" as pulls are added.
Hope you get it fixed!

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.6, 60-130: 5.3
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#459)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 01-12-2018, 03:59 AM

Do we know what was changed in the new firmware? I just noticed there was a new one.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#460)
Old

Default 01-12-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Then please test out the latest 8_T2 I have the below issue... Boost start out nicely on target but become more and more "wobbly" as pulls are added.
I updated to ISO_8_T2.

I will post some logs later, but they will be test's only as i am dialing in the TREBILA BEF Tune.

(#461)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Any time you're looking at boost vs. target you need to also be looking at WGDC and FF.

Burger Motorsports

(#462)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2018, 05:01 PM

For tuning on PWG systems you can control the pid gain, which is P I and D factors scaled together, the FF, and the target itself. Often a lower PID gain improves oscillations

Burger Motorsports

(#463)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2018, 05:53 PM

It's one of those things you'd have to dial in. At some point we'll expose the full P, I, and D functions in the tuning interface so you can better dial it in.

Burger Motorsports

(#464)
Old

Car: 2012 f30 335i
Default 01-13-2018, 10:20 AM

just did the diod thing and updated to the ISO firmware
attached 2 logs with map 1 and 3
fuel used is RON95 (91 octane) and running single nozzle CM10 with 100% meth
is there anything thati can change or do to make the car better?

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
5- BMS F30 N55 Performance Intake
6- BMS WMI KIT
(#465)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Both you and Steve talk about matching FF and WGDC, but I would be inducing overboost by forcing up FF here wouldn't I?
FF is just the prediction of the ultimate WGDC output. Closer is better but I don't think it's an issue here. It seems like spool up mode (where WGDC is sitting at 100% as turbo spools) is cutting out a bit too soon causing the initial dip.

I tightened up spool mode for 3.5bar sensor maps on this test. See if its better or worse. If there is something there, I'll make it user adjustable like we have for the JB4 N54 single turbo firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#466)
Old

Unhappy 01-14-2018, 02:55 AM

First thing, when cutting the diode should cut it from both sides and remove it or its ok to cut one side and leave it?!

The second question is why is the lp_fp and water temp became 0 and there not showing any thing after cutting the diode?!

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
6- BMS WMI KIT
(#467)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alo0oy215
First thing, when cutting the diode should cut it from both sides and remove it or its ok to cut one side and leave it?!
You can cut one side only, i did it like this.

(#468)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
You can cut one side only, i did it like this.
Ok, and what about the lp_fp and water temp readings? Why did they became 0 and showing no other reading?!!!
Everything thing else is working perfectly and showing all the readings once i start the engine

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
6- BMS WMI KIT
(#469)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 09:07 AM

ISO_9:

1) Redesigned logging engine for much faster sampling of all CANbus channels. Normal speed logging is around 10hz for all CANbus channels now, and slow speed logging remains an option for cars with older software and drops sampling down to around 6hz.

Burger Motorsports

(#470)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 07:29 PM

It's built on T3

Burger Motorsports

(#471)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 09:24 AM

Terry, does this new firmware mean the slower CANbus guys may have better luck with Map 5 adapting? Right now I don't use map 5 because, as you've discussed with me, a possibility is the speed is too slow for the JB4 to adapt properly. Thank you

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#472)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Terry, does this new firmware mean the slower CANbus guys may have better luck with Map 5 adapting? Right now I don't use map 5 because, as you've discussed with me, a possibility is the speed is too slow for the JB4 to adapt properly. Thank you
Yes, this should fix that issue! Try it!

Burger Motorsports

(#473)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 09:35 AM

Okay awesome, well in the spirit of the current firmware I have, here is a final log I took yesterday; please let me know your feedback. Will install new FW today. Thanks again.

(#474)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 01-16-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, this should fix that issue! Try it!
Sweet, I'm in!!!! Thanks!

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 ISO_11 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD BEF with JB4 e85/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450/MHD BEF
Waiting to install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#475)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
I had the slower CANbus Issue , It solved my problem