N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: F06 640I
Default 12-20-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You forgot the most important thing, what fuel?
Sorry it's running 93 pump fuel
(#427)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM

Why are you using port injection and meth? For pump fuels you'd want to use a good meth kit. No need for PI.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#428)
Old

Car: 335i f30 2012
Default 12-21-2017, 12:12 AM

Hi Terry
new logging with WOT -car F30 N55 PWG - 2013- JB4 - Pure stage 2 - Down Pipe & aFe
pls let me have your recommendations .. thx
(#429)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2017, 09:25 AM

Boost targets are too low to evaluate. The map2 log doesn't have much full throttle.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#430)
Old

Car: F06 640I
Default 12-21-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Why are you using port injection and meth? For pump fuels you'd want to use a good meth kit. No need for PI.
Hi Terry actually my target is around 500 WHP so I was
Afraid from fuel

Do you mean that extra fuel causing kind of limitations and what is excepted Afr for that kind of setup

BTW I am running a flash tune on my ECU not a stock file
(#431)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar
Hi Terry actually my target is around 500 WHP so I was
Afraid from fuel

Do you mean that extra fuel causing kind of limitations and what is excepted Afr for that kind of setup

BTW I am running a flash tune on my ECU not a stock file
The PI just complicates things if you are on pump gas already running WMI. Better to have a properly setup WMI kit with JB4 monitoring meth flow and progressively adding boost as a function of that flow.

Burger Motorsports

(#432)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 12-21-2017, 06:34 PM

At about 4K in fifth if I go WOT, the car will buck and throw a superknocking injector shutdown code. Obviously this concerns me, but if I ease into it in fifth and then open her up around 5.5 K it really doesn't happen so I'm hoping that its not a standing issue but rather me just demanding too much from the engine at a "lower" RPM in fifth gear. (running map 7 in iso with PS2, stock TMAP). I can say that in third and fourth when I do this from a "lower RPM" it is totally fine. The word "super" is concerning to me, any thoughts out there?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#433)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2017, 06:35 PM

Log of the specific issue? If you have major knock codes that's normally very bad.

Burger Motorsports

(#434)
Old

Default 12-21-2017, 06:44 PM

Wasn't able to catch it in a log since it doesn't happen normally, also didn't want to try to induce it again since it scared me. Only happens in fifth, could I be demanding too much boost for my octane or for the gear at a specific RPM?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#435)
Old

Default 12-21-2017, 06:48 PM

Should I even be able to go WOT at 3k or 4k in 5th gear without any issues?

(#436)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default FW version ? - 12-22-2017, 01:51 AM

frimware :
16/7//3 this mean ver T_3

i saw it on my log

btw i remember my last FW was t_6

How can I check which version I have installed ?

thx

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#437)
Old

Default JB went wrong - 12-22-2017, 11:15 AM

Something went wrong ...
Map 5 The unstable stable AFR Very low
TRIM is very high

What could be the problem ?

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10

Last edited by dror135; 12-22-2017 at 11:20 AM..
(#438)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Should I even be able to go WOT at 3k or 4k in 5th gear without any issues?
Absolutely.

Burger Motorsports

(#439)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror135
Something went wrong ...
Map 5 The unstable stable AFR Very low
TRIM is very high

What could be the problem ?
Doesn't look that off to me?

Burger Motorsports

(#440)
Old

Default 12-22-2017, 12:26 PM

afr down from 12 and trim up over 40

its Never happened

now it map 6

my FOL set to 50 ( run with 98 octane)

(#441)
Old

Default dme_bt drop - 12-23-2017, 03:43 PM

look at my log dme_bt drop my trim high
i set fOL to 70

but its not help ( trim )

why ?

(#442)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
afr down from 12 and trim up over 40

its Never happened

now it map 6

my FOL set to 50 ( run with 98 octane)
AFR and trims are indexed on DME BT so if DME changes that then expect a matching change to the AFR and fuel trims. Randomly changing DME BT is something we expect to resolve with the back end flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#443)
Old

Default 12-23-2017, 04:12 PM

i never flash my dme its stock

(#444)
Old

Default 12-24-2017, 12:57 AM

Merry X'Mas & Happy New Year to All

Hi Terry

How to go about now on my ISO settings

Thanks
(#445)
Old

Default 12-24-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Can you do a good log in map2 and share that?
Still working on trying to get a full log in fifth gear in a safe area, it's been hard with weather. The attached though, is a log in fourth gear in map 2. Maybe that will lend some insight. So far, its been good to go with no ability to reproduce symptoms in fifth gear. Lesson learned about trying to get too much boost! Now if there is some looming issue like a failing injector or crappy coil pack, then that could still be possible I suppose, but I would have no way of knowing for now.

Last edited by Marlinman; 12-24-2017 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: log
(#446)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 02:47 AM

sabujan
I see that you have the same problem as in my TRIM high and low AFR

(#447)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 10:20 AM

How do you like having BM3 and JB4 stacked?

(#448)
Old

Default 12-26-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
sabujan
I see that you have the same problem as in my TRIM high and low AFR
let us hear from Terry - my JB4 stage 2 board is the 1st one released ..its an earlier log

Last edited by sabujan; 12-26-2017 at 04:41 AM..
(#449)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabujan
let us hear from Terry - my JB4 stage 2 board is the 1st one released ..its an earlier log
This log looks good to me, although it's not really full throttle.

Burger Motorsports

(#450)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

Not prime-logs, but as per file description I did two experiments. All with flat 12.1psi map6.

Adder10 fuel bias100: With flow 12.1 to 13.5
Adder30 fuel bias stepped 40-60-80: With flow 12.1 to 14.9 to 16.3

Hope this can help you fine tune the feature
It seems to be generally working as intended looking at the log. Now it's just a matter of how much meth fluid you want to dial in at different engine speeds.

Burger Motorsports