2d60

2c58

any help would be appreciated thanks
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 09-03-2017, 09:07 AM

Car running OK? Any CELS? If you clear do they come back? Not sure if it's linked, but did you have the VANOS recall?

If they do come back, I'm not sure what the exact cause or symptom is but the following may help you troubleshoot:-

2D60: VANOS, exhaust: control fault, camshaft stuck / The diagnostic function monitors the camshaft timing adjustment / 'B' Camshaft Stuck / Exhaust Stuck / The actual angle assumes the specified angle too slowly while the engine is running / Potential problem source(s):- Contaminated oil passage at VANOS solenoid valve- Oil pressure too low- Defective wires or plug terminals on VANOS solenoid valve- VANOS solenoid valve siezed / The diagnostic fault code is logged when the fault remains present for longer than 1 min

2C58: Boost pressure control deactivation: Boost pressure build-up blocked / The diagnostic function monitors the pressure measured by the boost pressure sensor / Turbocharger 'A' under-boost condition / The monitored pressure is less than the specified pressure. Potential problem source(s):- Boost-pressure sensor defective- Defective electropneumatic pressure converter in wastegate valve- Wastegate valve is defective (seized in open position)- Air-induction tract between turbocharger and intake-air plenum has leak / The diagnostic fault code is logged when the fault remains present for longer than 1 min

If you need input from others, post you're mods as it may help diagnose

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

Last edited by keyap; 09-03-2017 at 09:20 AM..
(#3)
Old

Car: 2012 335i E92
Default 09-03-2017, 09:33 AM

thanks for your response!!

2012 335i e92 n55
cai
charge pipe
bms meth kit
jb4
vrsf 7" hd fmic

I changed my charge pipe the other day and after driving for 30 miles I got the half engine light with service engine soon light. I cleared them with my jb4 blue tooth device and they came back immediately. I stop at the store started it back up and drove 19 miles home no codes. Now everytime I drive I get those codes with little to no boost. Seems to run fine under cold start up the idle surges sometimes about 25% of the time its a pronounced surging.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2012 335i E92
Default 09-03-2017, 09:34 AM

I'm not sure if there is a vanos recall do my mods make the recall obsolete lol
(#5)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 09-07-2017, 09:51 PM

The mods should not effect the recall, but don't take my word as fact. I've sent modded cars, none with meth, for vanos campaigns and not had trouble. Each dealer is different.

Check your oil and filter. If it's black and crusty change it. Next swap your intake and exhaust cam solenoids and see if the fault moves to the intake cam. If so, replace solenoids. If not, you're looking at likely pulling the valve cover to check the exhaust cam adjustment unit.

If I remember correctly, the recall is for the sprocket bolts shearing off. This ALWAYS causes a no start. Maybe yours are about to snap and lagging behind.
(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 09-08-2017, 04:37 AM

From memory, this is the VANOS recall, so may not apply to yours given year

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")
(#7)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 09-08-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
From memory, this is the VANOS recall, so may not apply to yours given year
Production Date is key. A vehicle made in August of 2011 (08/11) will have a 2012 Model Year, but was still manufactured before November of 2011.

Call your dealership and run the VIN, ask if it qualifies. If it does, don't waste your time. Just get it up there. I would tow, and not drive. You are introducing metal to your system. I found a bolt trapped in the timing case RIGHT next to the timing chain on the last n52k I did. Pretty scary. Good news is, if you want to go to an indy, you can. If it turns out to be the same VANOS problem that BMW covers, go ahead and pay the indy. Forward the bill to bmw-rp.com and get your money back.