N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Default 09-08-2017, 04:08 PM

Cool, another question that I thought I knew the answer to, should map 0 be limiting boost? I'm testing a new BEF and want to disable the JB4 for now (without unplugging everything) and it seems in map 0 I can't target above about 12psi.
(#227)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2017, 09:11 PM

If using map0 you'd have to also put the PWG conenctor (blue patch) back to stock.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#228)
Old

Car: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Default 09-08-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If using map0 you'd have to also put the PWG conenctor (blue patch) back to stock.
Cool, so to verify, just disconnect the wastegate control from the JB4 and put the stock connector back in place. I assume it's recommended to disconnect the battery while doing this?
(#229)
Old

Car: 2013 535 M-Sport
Default 09-09-2017, 06:00 AM

wrong thread

2013 535 M-Sport, JB4, BMS intake

Last edited by Slammin; 09-09-2017 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: wrong thread
(#230)
Old

Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 09-09-2017, 01:55 PM

I think I'm having two different issues. I recently started getting the CEL: 120308 "boost pressure lower than expected" BEFORE I switched to this ISO hex. Seems that my boost is limited (3 psi is highest I think I've seen).

On the regular hex, I had to use FUA 51 to get consistent logs (2011 F10). I attempted to use FUD 128 on this ISO, but it looks like the issue may be back. I think I read someone recommend using "10" for the remapped 6cyl timing logging. (mine is at 0 currently).

2011 535i M-Sport - BEF via JB4/MHD, VRSF Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Megan Supremo Exhaust
(#231)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Some sort of logging issue although I can't tell what from this short log.

I see WGDC is at 100% and boost is low so also some physical issue. Maybe you damaged board cutting diode? Solenoid connector loose?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#232)
Old

Default 09-09-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Some sort of logging issue although I can't tell what from this short log.

I see WGDC is at 100% and boost is low so also some physical issue. Maybe you damaged board cutting diode? Solenoid connector loose?
I was researching last night and double checked the solenoid connectors, all snug. I just did another log run. Looks more consistent now.

2011 535i M-Sport - BEF via JB4/MHD, VRSF Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Megan Supremo Exhaust
(#233)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 09-10-2017, 05:39 AM

neejay, are you using the connect kit/app and are on an android phone?

F30 335i, JB4, dec4tted, BMS intake, CG Precision Exhaust
(#234)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay
I was researching last night and double checked the solenoid connectors, all snug. I just did another log run. Looks more consistent now.
Yes consistently no boost...

Do the vacuum line test.

Burger Motorsports

(#235)
Old

Default 09-10-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_h10
neejay, are you using the connect kit/app and are on an android phone?
Yep, connect kit + android.
Quote:
Yes consistently no boost...

Do the vacuum line test.
lol Yeah, I was just hoping it'd reveal or change with this updated log. I won't have time to do the vacuum test until later in the week.

(#236)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2017, 09:27 AM

It's really easy... If that tests out OK we know its a boost leak. If that does not test out OK we know its something on the JB4 end, vacuum system, solenoid, etc. So it's an important test.

Burger Motorsports

(#237)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive MSport, JB4, BMS intake, ******* ********, Corsa Exaust
Default 09-10-2017, 05:42 PM

Need some help with Codes...
After cutting the diode and installing the N55_FSERIES_OBDII_ISO_7_T6.hex firmware update, I keep getting a lot of DTC codes and engine light on.
one that sticks in while trying to delete codes with the JB4 software is code 1381.
On the dash settings, no mater how many times I set it (function 4) to auto delete trouble codes, once I set it, get out of the menu, have the two blinks, and go back to the dash menu again, function 4 it is back to 0 (not clear trouble codes).
Any ideas?

2013 BMW 355i xDrive M-SPORT/MPPK, JB4 Flex Fuel, BMS Intake, Corsa Pro Series, C* Less **.
(#238)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2017, 05:55 PM

Select F series to read codes, they should be 6 digits!

Burger Motorsports

(#239)
Old
M-Terkait

Default 09-11-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
So how is boost control working during longer 1/2 mile style runs? Boost creep in 5th? I'm going to turn back on the EGT FF correction and maybe make it adjust adjustable, if we need.
is this what you mean?

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#240)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 09-11-2017, 09:38 AM

I performed the JB4 board mod and installed the current ISO software.
My procedure was:
Disconnect battery
Remove JB4 board and cut the diode leg
Re-install board and reconnect battery
Update firmware with current ISO software
Adjust and save PID Gain to 25, and auto shift reduction to 60 and Duty Bias as noted

Observations since Friday 9/8 installation:
1) on map 5 my car feels noticeably slower than before, my son noticed it too, unsolicited
2) I continue to have Drivetrain Malfunction: Drive Moderately. Got it again today while driving normal
3) I can't get a decent (no boost) log due to the Drivetrain Malfunction issue.

I have seen the Drivetrain Malfunction for a short period in the past and I believed it was due to the battery disconnection but I'm still getting it on the 3rd day after.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you!

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 ISO_11 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD BEF with JB4 e85/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450/JB4 BEF
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#241)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2017, 10:27 AM

For any fault you'd need to read it, and for any tuning issue you'd have to post a JB4 CSV log of it.

Burger Motorsports

(#242)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
For any fault you'd need to read it, and for any tuning issue you'd have to post a JB4 CSV log of it.
You're right, I should have already done that, my mistake there. I did just read the codes, I'll be looking at it after work. Here is what I've got:

120408 Reduced power mode
121001 TMAP sensor, short circuit to B+
104401 MAP sensor, intake pipe, electrical:short circuit to B+
108A10 charge air temp sensor, electrical: Signal implausible
108A01 MAP sensor, possible loose FlexFuel wires

I was running my TMAP sensor unplugged but plugged it in about a week before installing the ISO, I will unplug it again.
I will check all of my connections
Not sure about 108A10, I've never seen that before.

Thank you!

Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 ISO_11 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD BEF with JB4 e85/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450/JB4 BEF
(#243)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive MSport, JB4, BMS intake, ******* ********, Corsa Exaust
Default 09-11-2017, 11:10 AM

Terry
After installing the ISO T6 firmware yesterday and leaving the house today in the morning I got a warning on my F30 N55 335 BMW: chassi alignment/level issue or something like that... I just hit the ok bottom and off I went... Just to let you know. Never seen that!
I just upgraded to the T12 firmware but haven't driven it yet.

Any ideas?

2013 BMW 355i xDrive M-SPORT/MPPK, JB4 Flex Fuel, BMS Intake, Corsa Pro Series, C* Less **.
(#244)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2017, 11:12 AM

If you get a fault code and need help with it, you need to read the fault code first.

Burger Motorsports

(#245)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
If you get a fault code and need help with it, you need to read the fault code first.
No Fault Codes! Just this message on the iDrive system "Chassis alignment Issue (or failure cannot recall the exact message)" to take my car immediately to BMW immediately. Just pushed OK and it disappeared. Wonder if its got anything to do with the previous T7 firmware...

(#246)
Old

Car: 2013 335i sportline
Default 09-11-2017, 03:28 PM

If im on t11 should i even bother with t12 since you only listed port injection changes?

2013 335i sportline pwg 8at~jb4 iso~e40~bms oil cooler valve~bms intake~wagner c-less~ap catback~phoenix ic~gfb dv+~pure inlet pipe~er tic pipe~vrsf cp~ngk's @ .022~h&r super sports~437m
(#247)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2017, 03:29 PM

No need.

Burger Motorsports

(#248)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msimoni
No Fault Codes! Just this message on the iDrive system "Chassis alignment Issue (or failure cannot recall the exact message)" to take my car immediately to BMW immediately. Just pushed OK and it disappeared. Wonder if its got anything to do with the previous T7 firmware...
If there is no DME code don't see how it could be related.

Burger Motorsports

(#249)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112
You're right, I should have already done that, my mistake there. I did just read the codes, I'll be looking at it after work. Here is what I've got:

120408 Reduced power mode
121001 MAF sensor, short circuit to B+
104401 MAF sensor, intake pipe, electrical:short circuit to B+
108A10 charge air temp sensor, electrical: Signal implausible
108A01 MAF sensor, possible loose FlexFuel wires

I was running my MAF sensor unplugged but plugged it in about a week before installing the ISO, I will unplug it again.
I will check all of my connections
Not sure about 108A10, I've never seen that before.

Thank you!
Update: I disconnected my MAF sensor and cleared my codes. So far no codes and no drivetrain malfunction so looking good so far.

Last edited by zole2112; 09-11-2017 at 08:15 PM..
(#250)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 07:40 PM

so it seems some of you guys might be having the same issue as me. At WOT my car pulls like a freight train, but during mild acceleration (maybe 60-70% of the time)I can feel the boost building but then it just stops building and the torque is gone, unless I push a lot further on the pedal, almost to WOT. im on T6 or T7, cant remember.

Ill update to 12 and see what happens.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | JB4/ACF Performance w/BM3 | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|