N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 13 F10 550iX
Default 07-06-2016, 04:12 PM

Was not expecting a free upgrade, this is even better news. Any links on the new BCM yet?
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2016, 06:35 PM

The BCMs are in production now. Should have them on the site next week.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Default 07-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The BCMs are in production now. Should have them on the site next week.
Nice, thanks. Will order one as soon as they go up so I can get this all on my car at once.

Does this mean full E85 is a possibility? Or still only blends?
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2016, 07:28 PM

Fuel-IT will have to work on that. But E85 mixtures are no problem so far in testing.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Car: 550i 2011
Default 07-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Really excited about this for my 2011 550i. I'll be running a E85 and 93 mix. I'll need the BCM, correct?
(#31)
Old

Car: 2011 550xi
Default 07-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Hey Terry,

I've asked this in a few threads now and haven't gotten an answer. Would really love to give you some money, which is why I keep harping on it, so apologies for the redundancy.

Any issues stacking this on top of a tune that you're aware of. I currently have the Dinan stage 4 (from a previous owner), which gets me to (supposedly) 508/580 crank, but it looks like you're pulling higher than that on the JB4. Think I'm good to just install and go, or should I be unflashing the Dinan?

You asked in another thread if it was a piggyback or flash. The Dinan is a flash.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2016, 12:02 PM

You'll likely need some custom tuning to the JB4. You'd want to install it, log map4 (stock), and then we could evaluate the tuning on the car and explore areas to improve it.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteApe
Really excited about this for my 2011 550i. I'll be running a E85 and 93 mix. I'll need the BCM, correct?
The BCM will unlock higher power levels but you can start JB4 only. The BCMs we expect to have 10 in stock next week.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Default 07-08-2016, 03:53 PM

Got mine installed today and it the car is running smoothly. Haven't had time to give it any real gas yet, I will mess around tomorrow with that tomorrow.

Ran into one issue during install, for some reason it seems that I didn't have the existing purple male wire in pin #19, it was in another pin. After initial install I got a rail sensor short circuit, and after a quick run through I noticed that it wasn't on the right pin. It's entirely possible in the 90 degree heat I moved the wire on accident, but just wanted to make sure that the install guide was right. But after moving it everything is good, happy to see some real data in the logs!
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2016, 04:59 PM

That is where it should have been for the Stage2 to work properly

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 07-08-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
That is where it should have been for the Stage2 to work properly
Thanks, must have been my bad then.

Went out and did some testing tonight. Couple quick map questions.

Do the N63 map numbers correspond to the same things as for other engines?

What map compares to the stock S2 settings (2.0/3.0)? In map 1 the car feels much more tame. I did some logging and it seems to be staying under 13psi at below 5k RPM, I recall seeing some higher boost numbers before.

Thank you, I'm sure this information will come out eventually I'm just anxious to try out all of the new features.
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2016, 07:50 PM

Email in logs and we can evaluate the tuning end. But map 2 is more similar to stage 2.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: 550i 2011
Default 07-09-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The BCM will unlock higher power levels but you can start JB4 only. The BCMs we expect to have 10 in stock next week.
Dibs on one of those!
(#39)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 07-09-2016, 09:50 PM

Bcm is boost control module correct? How hideable is it? I do kind of want too even though im brand new to the scene.
(#40)
Old

Default 07-10-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Email in logs and we can evaluate the tuning end. But map 2 is more similar to stage 2.
Terry,

Just installed the N63 JB4 and all seems to be working good. However Map 1 does feel much tamer than when I had just the N63 S2 tune. You mention that map 2 is similar to stage 2. Is map 2 active in this JB4 version, or just maps 1 and 4? Please advise. Also what are default settings for the N63 JB4 without BCM and with E85 wires installed? Does this look correct?
Attached Images

(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2016, 01:22 PM

Map2 can also be used. Right now looking to collect logs on map1 and map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 07-10-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Map2 can also be used. Right now looking to collect logs on map1 and map2.
Thanks Terry. Moved this info request from my email to this thread per your request.

1) What are current default settings for this new N63 JB4 tune? Are these correct?

2) Are these menu options the same for the N63 JB4, and are they enabled? I got these off the M5/M6 S63TU JB4 Beta thread.

'0 map menu, map shown on tach (TACH shows Map)
'1 Active Sound MUTE. (Tach = 0 (off/don't mute) Tach =1 (disable active sound))
'2 Boost gauge on fuel, scaling in dash is 0 to boost safety setting, turns on when gas pedal is pressed 50% or more and turns itself off when you resume low throttle use. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'4 OBDII Diagnostic Code Delete. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'5 1st gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'6 2nd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'7 3rd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)

3) I wanted to purchase a JB4 Connect Kit (Rev 3) and was wondering if there were any instructions for installing in a N63. In other words, where do you connect the red power wire?
Attached Images

(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2016, 03:35 PM

Those are the default settings.

On the in dash menu menu 0, 2, and 4 are active currently. The others are not yet.

The REV3 power wire connects per the REV3 guide but here is an image for reference:
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Default 07-10-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Those are the default settings.

On the in dash menu menu 0, 2, and 4 are active currently. The others are not yet.

The REV3 power wire connects per the REV3 guide but here is an image for reference:
Thanks Terry. For some reason, when I select option 1 (Tach =1 (on) in menu 2 for boost on fuel and then I exit the in-dash mode, menu 2 reverts to option 0 (Tach = 0 (off)) when I'm back in the in-dash menus. It does not hold the selection. Anyone else experiencing this?
(#45)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 07-11-2016, 05:24 PM

I'm so excited I can't wait to jump on this!

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#46)
Old

Car: 2011 550i n63
Default 07-12-2016, 09:04 AM

can you send me link to order the BCM module please?
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2016, 09:56 AM

We've decided to hold off shipping any BCM modules until we get more JB4 only logs and feedback in to ensure that part is bug/problem free.

When we are ready to ship some we will post the link in this site. The basic directions are in the second post though so you can see what is involved. Just two more pairs of wires to plug in to the DME connectors.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 11:46 AM

ok once i get it installed I will do some logging for ou and send it to you
(#49)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 01:58 PM

So just to be clear, there wont be ery much performance gains over the old stage 2, until we can get BCM, or if I send you my logs, will you be able to tweak a tune a bit for my based on the mods i have?
(#50)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 07-12-2016, 08:02 PM

I feel like its still autolearning to an extent, within an hour of adding an e30 fuel mix, it felt like a whole different beast.