N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default VTT Inlets - Changes / Updates - 07-07-2015, 02:58 PM

First off we received 30 more sets of inlets this AM. They are in stock, and shipping same day!

We also made a few changes to the options on the website. Here is a quick break down.

We now offer Recirc Inlets, for an additional $50. These are much more involved with the extra bungs, so they cost us quite a bit more. These should be available to ship in about 30 days.

We also offer a PTC heater Adapter hose for those living in Sub Zero climates, and overly worried about your PCV gases freezing.

If you live in a warm climate, take it off, and throw it away. Its doing exactly nothing for you, and is a restriction in the system.

The adapter hose will install something like this the picture below. Please note, that is a customer photo we are using as an example. Our hose will be slightly different. With this hose, you can either run back to the Valve cover if using Stock PCV routing, or into the OCC if using one

These two options, mean anyone living anywhere, and using any type of DV, or BOV, can use our inlets with no issues. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop us an email.

Thanks!
VTT
Attached Images

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-07-2015, 05:35 PM

Is there any way to come directly to the shop and purchase a set since they're in stock? I've been wanting these for a long time, but do not wan to go through shipping since I've heard the horror stories. I live in San Fran, so it's not that far of a drive for me.

~JB4 G5 iso~BMS E85 Backend Flash~VTT Inlets~BMS DCI~BMS Low Temp Thermostat~BMS OCC~BMS Modified Clutch Valve~BMS Clutch Stop~335is Clutch~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR **'s~3" Custom exhaust~RB PCV Valve~SteveAZ Stage 2 Bucket~Avant Garde M359 18x8.5 +35 18x9.5 +33~
(#3)
Old

Car: 535xi
Default 07-07-2015, 08:32 PM

Same here in for a set local as well
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-08-2015, 01:27 AM

Any update on the hotside charge pipe?

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#5)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV135i
Is there any way to come directly to the shop and purchase a set since they're in stock? I've been wanting these for a long time, but do not wan to go through shipping since I've heard the horror stories. I live in San Fran, so it's not that far of a drive for me.
Sure, anyone who is local, can drop buy, and pick up a set. Just shoot me an email, tony@vargasturbo.com, and we can get it set up.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#6)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Also, just to be clear. The other guy is saying our inlets fit poorly. In reality the fit perfectly, he will beg lie, and cheat to sell his products, we already know this. The bottom line is. He is the one making a 1 size fits all inlet. You don't want to recric, too bad you are getting recirc bungs anyways. You do not want to run the PTC heater, because you will never ever have a need for it. Too bad, you have to run a restriction in your PCV anyways. We are offering true choices for the people looking to run DV's or BOV. With no compromises for either. Also for the new Recirc inlets, we will be bringing the inlet size down to 1.75" as we suspect, no one running 2+ will be using a recirc system. The standard inlets fit perfectly, but we can now offer both. If anyone has any questions let us know!

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#7)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 07-08-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Also for the new Recirc inlets, we will be bringing the inlet size down to 1.75" as we suspect, no one running 2+ will be using a recirc system. The standard inlets fit perfectly, but we can now offer both. If anyone has any questions let us know!
If they fit so great ole pal, then why make the change to 1.75"?

Got to love the daily dose of the Snake.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#8)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 07:59 AM

They do fit great, as the 90+ installed sets with no issues would attest to. We simply see no one running a recirc set up with 2+, so we will give them their own set of inlets. Rob I think you need to go figure out why your turbos are failing, and get off the forums. Got another email this morning. Guy bought turbos, you had him send them back before he even installed them for your "recall" he got them back, installed them, and they still failed. You have some serious issues, going on. I would be wary of a guy who's 3K+ turbos can't stay together, but he is putting all his energy into selling $3XX inlets instead of fixing his problems. Yikes

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#9)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 08:35 AM

.................................................. .......................
Drives 2011 335is
NOTE: Post count does not reflect any actual knowledge about anything.
(#10)
Old

Car: C.S.B.
Default 07-08-2015, 08:39 AM

The vargas inlets fit "ok" and that's about as nice as I can be about them, they aren't too bad. For the price they perform well. As far as the heater being a restriction, Tony, you must have oatmeal in your brain, the thing is wide open and MUCH larger than the outlet from the valve cover. Our pcv system is terrible anyhow and to really work you need to tap the valve cover. Either the inlets are all pretty similar in performance and im sure no one will be disappointed with either product as long as they know what they are getting themselves into install wise.
(#11)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 07-08-2015, 08:49 AM

So $550 now plus $60 shipping?

Sometimes I wonder if you are trolling us...thankfully Rob has the inlet thing handled.

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#12)
Old

Car: 97 Supra
Default 07-08-2015, 08:50 AM

Tony, just wondering. In the hypothetical, or maybe it has happened, i don't know. But if you were in Rob's position, what would you do for your customers who experienced a "recall" like this?
(#13)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-08-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
So $550 now plus $60 shipping?

Sometimes I wonder if you are trolling us...thankfully Rob has the inlet thing handled.
We will be sub $399 with several custom CNC anodized adapters included, and be approx. $25-35 for standard shipping in the USA.

Just wait and get something better for a lot cheaper, that actually fits better than "not too bad".

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#14)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
We will be sub $399 with several custom CNC anodized adapters included, and be approx. $25-35 for standard shipping in the USA.

Just wait and get something better for a lot cheaper, that actually fits better than "not too bad".
I can't wait! I think they will be a big hit

09 335 - 6266
(#15)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-08-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahcole92
Tony, just wondering. In the hypothetical, or maybe it has happened, i don't know. But if you were in Rob's position, what would you do for your customers who experienced a "recall" like this?
Here is living proof of what he does (rather than what he will say he would do):

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...409#post648409

See post #41 and #46. In short, he would up sell you to Stage 2+. Take your $$ in advance. And then give you the run around for 9 months and counting. Perhaps PM the guy for his personal account.

Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 07-08-2015 at 09:22 AM..
(#16)
Old

Car: E60 535xi
Default 07-08-2015, 09:22 AM

question where can we buy these and do u all offer blow off valves that that fit and works with it.
(#17)
Old

Car: 97 Supra
Default 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Here is living proof of what he does (rather than what he will say he would do):

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...409#post648409

See post #41 and #46. In short, he would up sell you to Stage 2+. Take your $$ in advance. And then give you the run around for 9 months and counting. Perhaps PM the guy for his personal account.

Rob
Well it's slightly different in that it's not a "recall" from Tony himself. But how is your offer of a free rebuild which you regularly offer anyways, any better than Tony's customer service? You always rag on his customer service but I mean he agreed to give the guy a new set of turbos, just pay the difference! His avoidance is no different than you avoiding the thread of multiple people asking you for answers, all the while you're posting promotion threads for new products, instead of addressing the problems current customers are having.
(#18)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahcole92
Well it's slightly different in that it's not a "recall" from Tony himself. But how is your offer of a free rebuild which you regularly offer anyways, any better than Tony's customer service? You always rag on his customer service but I mean he agreed to give the guy a new set of turbos, just pay the difference! His avoidance is no different than you avoiding the thread of multiple people asking you for answers, all the while you're posting promotion threads for new products, instead of addressing the problems current customers are having.
What is slightly different is this: If you are having an issue, email us… we will resolve it under our policy (which includes repairs where/if necessary).

If you believe that the example provided above is better, then feel free to shoot us even more funds, and we will respond to your emails with nothing concrete (including not fixing or shipping anything) for at least 9 months and counting.

Rob

(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-08-2015, 10:48 AM

It's kind of scary to see the BMW scene become so CHEAP. I don't mean the product, I mean the customers. Holy crap, people are complaining for 500$ intake system on a BMW??? I payed 400$ for my intake on my Chevy Cobalt SS 2 years ago, without flinching.

Maybe these guys need to go back to an e36 when turbo kits are 700$ from CX racing. LOL my goodness people, have a little backbone.

/Rant.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#20)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
It's kind of scary to see the BMW scene become so CHEAP. I don't mean the product, I mean the customers. Holy crap, people are complaining for 500$ intake system on a BMW??? I payed 400$ for my intake on my Chevy Cobalt SS 2 years ago, without flinching.

Maybe these guys need to go back to an e36 when turbo kits are 700$ from CX racing. LOL my goodness people, have a little backbone.

/Rant.
Since you are such a baller you can buy them for me when they are released...

09 335 - 6266
(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-08-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Since you are such a baller you can buy them for me when they are released...

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#22)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM

Edit: After making the test fit video, we will not be making the recric 1.75" There is zero need to. I forgot how well these actually fit since its been a while since I designed them. They fit incredibly well, not need to leave Stage 2+ customers out of the recirc game. So basically if you want extra bungs you don't need to add turbulence to your inlets, wait a month, and go with the other guy. If you want perfectly fitting inlets, with no extra bungs on them. The choice is clear.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#23)
Old

Default 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjI...ature=youtu.be

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#24)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 07-08-2015, 12:36 PM

what power gains are to be expected on stock turbos?

Thanks