N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3776)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpensiveTaste
Any chance you'll make a map using the CPS module to increase timing when using meth? Maybe even autotune the CPS module to add timing past the oem curve until it senses knock?
Advancing the max set points (you can't actually advance or retard timing with CPS) is pretty tricky technically speaking. We got it working well enough for some testing a couple of months ago but didn't find any significant performance benefit on the N54 with a positive 1.5 degree offset. And that was coupled with increased risk. So that software was shelved for now. With minimal benefit it didn't make sense to spend the time to finish the software. I'm not sure why others claim "huge" power gains on meth with it as we didn't see it in our testing and don't see it reflected in the performance of their customers cars. Probably more marketing than anything IMHO.

Having said that we do intend to bring it back for the N55 at some point in the future. I expect a measurable (+10rw from 5500rpm to redline) benefit due to the N55s relatively small compressor. So once we do that we can always add it to N54 systems as well and let customers who want to take those risks make their own call on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3777)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 01-01-2012, 08:14 PM

I know this was posted before but I can't find it. I'm looking for the logic / conditions that must be met for meth flow on Map 3 with the JB4

RPM > X
Throttle > Y
Boost > Z
ETC...

If someone has this handy it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
(#3778)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM

Terry, do you ever plan on making an option for full custom tuning? Or is that not the direction you want to go with this tune?

(#3779)
Old

Default 01-03-2012, 06:26 AM

I've already asked this question. From what I understand terry isn't trying to go in that direction. But rather this be as a plug and play as possible. For real custom tuning a standalone would be much better anyways.
(#3780)
Old

Default 01-03-2012, 06:27 AM

Also Terry I hope you had a great new years and I can't wait for the new firmware. I've been itching about it for 3 months lol.
(#3781)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 01-03-2012, 06:29 AM

+1
Love the suggestions about enhanced low end torque.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#3782)
Old

Car: 07 335
Default 01-03-2012, 06:44 AM

So just checking out the cps on the website....shouldn't it be "SDL" instead of "SLD"

(#3783)
Old

Default 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiss91
I've already asked this question. From what I understand terry isn't trying to go in that direction. But rather this be as a plug and play as possible. For real custom tuning a standalone would be much better anyways.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I havent kept up with all 153 pages.

(#3784)
Old

Default 01-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilov
So just checking out the cps on the website....shouldn't it be "SDL" instead of "SLD"

Speed limiter delete.

(#3785)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Terry, do you ever plan on making an option for full custom tuning? Or is that not the direction you want to go with this tune?
There really isn't much benefit as the sensors are all fully closed loop but no plans to expand the interface beyond what we offer currently.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3786)
Old

Car: 07 335
Default 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Speed limiter delete.

I was thinking Speed De Limiter

haha
(#3787)
Old

Car: BMW 135i Coupe
Default 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM

Can JB4 be trained at 2nd gear in addition to 3 and 4 th gears since I do not want to risk getting a speeding ticket for doing this?

Also, if I flipped between map 0 and map 5, do I need to re-train the map 5 or Jb4 has it stored in its memory?

Thanks for the help in advance.
(#3788)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-03-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 135
Can JB4 be trained at 2nd gear in addition to 3 and 4 th gears since I do not want to risk getting a speeding ticket for doing this?

Also, if I flipped between map 0 and map 5, do I need to re-train the map 5 or Jb4 has it stored in its memory?

Thanks for the help in advance.
The feeling of a 3rd gear pull is worth the ticket. The feeling of a 4th gear pull isn't work jail time.
Once you switch to map 0 your car will have to relearn on map 5. Not saved.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#3789)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 01-03-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bv1
I know this was posted before but I can't find it. I'm looking for the logic / conditions that must be met for meth flow on Map 3 with the JB4

RPM > X
Throttle > Y
Boost > Z
ETC...

If someone has this handy it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I knew this stuff was lurking around somewhere! Just had to find it.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14087

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#3790)
Old

Default 01-03-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
The feeling of a 3rd gear pull is worth the ticket. The feeling of a 4th gear pull isn't work jail time.
Once you switch to map 0 your car will have to relearn on map 5. Not saved.
is that across the bridge? Cause you can get a good 4th pull up on the northern side, just watch for the bump half way up
(#3791)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 01-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
I knew this stuff was lurking around somewhere! Just had to find it.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14087
Thanks!
(#3792)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-03-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc
is that across the bridge? Cause you can get a good 4th pull up on the northern side, just watch for the bump half way up

You can get a good 5th and 6th gear pull on the northern side.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#3793)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 01-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Also Terry I hope you had a great new years and I can't wait for the new firmware. I've been itching about it for 3 months lol.
+1
(#3794)
Old
E90post reject

Car: Overpriced Econo Box
Default Have a great year! T - 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Can you achieve digital read out of boost,iat etc. next to instant mpg,mpg etc in the small info display?
Thanks!

My friend died doin what He loved,Heroin.
(#3795)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWpurist
Can you achieve digital read out of boost,iat etc. next to instant mpg,mpg etc in the small info display?
Thanks!
Would love to be able to do it, but at this time at least we can't.

Burger Motorsports

(#3796)
Old
E90post reject

Car: Overpriced Econo Box
Default 01-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks! T

My friend died doin what He loved,Heroin.
(#3797)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 01-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWpurist
Thanks!
I second this request. If there was a way to display peak boost in the dash that would be awesome!

2017 BMW M2 in Mineral Gray
DCT Transmission & Executive Package

JB4 l BM3 Stage 2 l AA Intake l ER Chargepipe l ER FMIC l ER C@tless ** l Stage 2 LPFP l NGK 97506 l BMW M Performance Kidney Grills, Mirror Covers, Spoiler, Rear Valence l 35% Tint l

383 WHP - JB4 Map 1 with 93 octane (Enzo Flash)
(#3798)
Old

Default 01-07-2012, 05:27 PM

we have the option to display the boost level on oil or gas gauge but it would be cool to see target on one gauge and actual on the other
(#3799)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
we have the option to display the boost level on oil or gas gauge but it would be cool to see target on one gauge and actual on the other
Might be more useful to have it show "PSI Under Target" 0-20psi, or something like that. So if the gauge was close to 0 you'd know you are on target. And if it started to creep up then you'd know there was a leak or some other issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#3800)
Old

Default 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM

I've always experienced the actual boost to exceed my target 1psi to 3psi under pretty much every condition. None of this is a problem and everything works as it should besides the numbers being a bit off. I'll post a log if anyone cares but anyways... I think it'd be cool to keep the gauge in the middle and have a +/- display.