N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1226)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Hi Terry, will there be an option to recalibrate the gauge controls for METRIC panels?
I know that the speedo has a different top-speed between imperial and metric (and metric gauges don't have any imperial markings) so I assume the set-points will be off on the JB4 configuration mode as well.
(#1227)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2011, 11:10 AM

We have options for those on menu 5.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1228)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have options for those on menu 5.
Didn't notice you added the FAQ section.

Last edited by GtiGyver; 02-13-2011 at 01:56 PM..
(#1229)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-13-2011, 12:09 PM

Terry, what will be (in your opinion) the best and safest meth kit to run with the JB4? I know it has progressive meth so I am just curious. Are there any new kits we should wait for? Thanks!
(#1230)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2011, 12:15 PM

We sell and support the CM progressive kits. The new trunk mount fully integrated kit is nice and pretty easy to install. And compatible with 70/30 meth mixtures and soon hopefully compatible with 100% meth too.

I've had some customers email asking if they can use the $250 basic kit and just mount the pump in the engine bay and push the pickup in the washer fluid res. We've tried it before and it didn't work consistently but I'll do more testing. That would be a nice "ease of install" option if we can get the pump sucking properly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1231)
Old

Default 02-13-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
We sell and support the CM progressive kits. The new trunk mount fully integrated kit is nice and pretty easy to install. And compatible with 70/30 meth mixtures and soon hopefully compatible with 100% meth too.

I've had some customers email asking if they can use the $250 basic kit and just mount the pump in the engine bay and push the pickup in the washer fluid res. We've tried it before and it didn't work consistently but I'll do more testing. That would be a nice "ease of install" option if we can get the pump sucking properly.

Okay, thanks! I emailed you some logs earlier, hope they werent too long. If they are just tell me and I will shorten them!
(#1232)
Old
Boost

Car: The Short Bus
Default 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
You probably made an install mistake and have no CAN access. I've seen it a few times.
Fixed - Yeah sure enough I had a loose wire on the CAN BUS.
thanks-
BTW as everyone has already said, the thing feels great-Map2 with my mods and 100 octane- this thing flys!
(#1233)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Glad it was an easy fix! At the moment we only offer the JB4 new in the PnP format. Sort of afraid to offer it in pin out just due to the support needs with the new connections being so critical. We'll see.

Burger Motorsports

(#1234)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-13-2011, 03:16 PM

Really got to open it open today. Map 7 with Meth the car has never felt this strong, car just keeps pulling. Really loving how the car is running. I am seeing over 18psi on my vent gauge, going to do a log tonight to see if my gauge is off.

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
ON DECK: 2020 X3 M Competition
(#1235)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2011, 03:19 PM

Definitely log and get a progressive pickup working. MUCH much safer that way on meth using map 3. Faster too.

Burger Motorsports

(#1236)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM

man, wish i was brave enough to go the meth route
(#1237)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM

wow! i been gone one month and have an assload to catch up on...
(#1238)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-13-2011, 05:17 PM

welcome back!
(#1239)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335xi
Default Oil Cooler - 02-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Hi,

09 335xi, never plan on tracking her just want to able to have more fun. The car does not have a oil cooler, I know the software adjusts the boost based on oil temp, but what map could I safely run assuming JB4, DCI, and *** back exhaust.

Thanks

Ray
(#1240)
Old

Car: 07 E92
Default 02-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Terry,

Is PID currently active on the upgrade units you're currently sending out?
(#1241)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Nope. Default is 0. But with the next update we'll turn it on by default. Nothing but positive results with it have been reported.

Burger Motorsports

(#1242)
Old

Default 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesalg
man, wish i was brave enough to go the meth route
The idea is growing on me, I think im going to go for it. I just hope its easy enough to uninstall for a dealer visit. I want the integrated coolingmist from the BMS website. Can anyone comment on the length of install.

BTW - The JB4 is running great, it is so much faster and smoother!
(#1243)
Old

Car: e91 335i
Default 02-13-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
great news!
(#1244)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 02-13-2011, 10:39 PM

I was reading firmware 20/1 updates ,terry mentions on the second point that he changed the boost limit for the first and the second gear ,how would this affect my take off (0-100)? any one tried this?

how about the adaptive PID? is this enabled by default on the new firmware?
(#1245)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Car: E92 335i M-Sport, Porsche 944
Default 02-14-2011, 12:24 AM

what is PID???
(#1246)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 02-14-2011, 12:30 AM

FAQ

What is adaptive PID?

Adaptive PID is not the same as full "autotuning", but it's an important component to it. It's an algorithm to adapt the boost control to your cars specific wastegate stiffness, mods, local conditions, etc. We'll be building upon it in future releases while we simultaneously add the other components needed.

As you do subsequent WOT pulls you'll see the FFMAX value under user settings adjust itself between 0-130. This represents how much of the duty cycle increase is fixed/hits instantly and how much is variable through the PID process. Ideally you want most of the increase to come through the fixed/feed forward as it will result in you hitting your target much faster than waiting for the PID to integrate to it. But if the value is overly aggressive you'll get overshoot and throttle closure. So the adaptive PID ranges FFMAX based on historic data collected during WOT runs. Right now its ranging one value which scales the entire 3D curve but the next step on adaptive PID will be to have it learn on a cel by cel basis (rpm, gear, target).
(#1247)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 02-14-2011, 01:35 AM

its mentioned on the first page of this thread...but i am curious to know if any one tried this with the new firmware, any change to take off(0-100)? ,hows the driving experience with this option enabled?
(#1248)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 02-14-2011, 07:10 AM

Love CmGs with jb4 and Map 3. Pid is adjusting nicely! I see PID change when I swap fmic's, use richer mixes of meth, and add octane boost. Car is so friggin fast that without a dyno or a time slip, it's hard to say how well its working. My car is getting ready to hit 70K. It's my DD and been JB tuned since 30K. 1/4 mile runs from a stop scare me now so I rely on my butt dyno more and more.
(#1249)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 02-14-2011, 09:32 AM

I have configured the future use option = 2

Where it is configured in 1 st and 2 nd gear, is 10 psi (or configuration that is suitable for the 0-100m) ???

I use map 3 (methanol progressive)

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#1250)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
I have configured the future use option = 2

Where it is configured in 1 st and 2 nd gear, is 10 psi (or configuration that is suitable for the 0-100m) ???

I use map 3 (methanol progressive)
+1 (minus the meth part). I thought it was under the 1st and 2nd gear boost redux? I set those at 10.0 and they still go above 12-13 PSI in 1st and 2nd.

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!