View Single Post
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 06-06-2015, 03:27 PM

LOL, our local SA had previously told me "an intake will void your warranty". Too funny because I knew that going in but we needed a battery and it is under warranty for a couple more months. Thought what the heck, took the intake off, and went in for a battery not carrying if they threw a fit.

Boy did they....

The note on the invoice went like this...

"BE ADVISED!!; VEHICLE HEAVILY MODIFIED : DME PIGGY BACK TUNER, INTAKE DUCTING AND INTERCOOLER MODIFICATIONS....Aftermarket components not a warranty concern. "

Shoot, they have no idea...I was kind of offended, they missed A LOT with their "39 point inspection".

Fuel system overhauled, FF sensor, not to mention the 100% E85, turbo upgrade, OCC, trans says D1, D2... I'm thinking the startup probably startled them a bit though.

On a side note to the N55 owners with an upgraded fuel pump. When our battery was dying, we got the fuel pump warning on our I-Drive, once we got the battery replaced...it disappeared and hasn't come back.

The battery had and internal failure so the lower voltage probably contributed to the current draw and tripped the code.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.