View Single Post
(#79)
Old

Car: 1M N54
Default 10-25-2015, 07:33 AM

I have some trouble with my French numbered bmw 1M,
It is what we call in France the goat

It means that it makes holes in the acceleration

I have an engine defect that lights, I will tomorrow, disconnect the battery, 15 minutes to reset the boxes. (I had left the key in the ignition by removing the battery...)

The module window, flashing, etc no longer works so I was unable to bring the car home from the garage.

I however would echo what research Monday, however could you help me on the following points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

1) Larger than OEM turbos require a back end flash map to be loaded via the BB free software or MHD software. While the maps are similar we suggest using MHD software if possible as there is some additional tuning flexibility with the calculated torque and load limits that makes the back end flash map a little better.
How do this ?
I don't understand this explain ( i'm french )

Quote:

2) We strongly suggest the N20 3.5bar TMAP sensor and required adapter on our site. This will allow proper boost control up to 36psi. The OEM sensor can not see/control much over 20psi.
I have done change the N20 3.5bar TMAP

Quote:
3) We strongly suggest a BMS OCC, RB PCV valve, and a high flow inlet system with larger turbos.
DONE

Quote:
4) Use the flash map that most appropriately matches the octane to be used. For pump gas no meth use PUMP, for pump gas with meth or light E85 or race gas mixtures use RACE, and for 40% E85 or more use E85.
I use Normal gas so : map 1 - 2 or other ?

Quote:
5) For E85 no meth we suggest adding in TBI or port injection.
no concern me, i think

Quote:
6) Larger turbos may require special duty bias adjustments to get boost on target. We're currently testing some modified OEM specific JB4 firmware changes to duty bias adjustment and spool up logic and will update this thread with the details when we have them.
I don't understand this too

Quote:
7) We'd suggest starting with a low map like map 2 to evaluate boost control and then working up from there. We'll post some JB4 map suggestions by fuel type shortly.
okok i go try in map 2