View Single Post
(#46)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 04-26-2013, 05:23 AM

Chief,

It took me 2 years to get to this point. Started with a JB+ I had in my pocket as I picked up the car in Florida at the dealership. Then it's gradual tweaks until you nearly double the stock power.
My wife has no clue, she thinks all BMWs drive like this. Hers is tuned too so there is a bit of balance. But when we go on trips and rent a car she's always complaining about how it has no "pick-up". She thinks US and Japanese cars are pure junk and under powered. I just let her rant, then affirm that we made a good decision to get 535s. Grown up cars.

To anyone in the NY metro area I wanted to give a shout-out to my tuning shop on Long Island. Camber Toe Performance, 659 Merrick Road, Lynbrook, NY.
They have installed ***, FMIC and RBs, done alignments, suspension work. But most of all their holistic approach means that my car runs like new.
This is because they don't just fix what you ask them to do. They also spot problems before they appear and address weaknesses so you don't have disastrous break downs later. Everything is done at a very fair price, and they clearly don't count the extra hours they put into a job. The fact that they do the job right allows me to sleep well at night, how rare is that in this business?
Another thing I appreciate is that as knowledgeable as they are, they never act arrogant or superior. We simply share information, discuss the best course of action, and then do it. F.ex. they really liked the RB PCV valve, something new for them to share with customers.
The owners are ex BMW master techs who got fed up with stealership practices and decided to run their own operation. They started with friends and family, and that's how they prefer to work. They have my utmost respect and backing.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade