View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Car: 535xi Wagon
Default Evan's E61: Twin Turbo Wagon Build Log - 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM

So I do too many projects to divide them up into separate threads, for the sake of simplicity I decided to start a build log for my E61.

A little background on my style: Aesthetics are important to me but not at the expense of function so I do my best to achieve both, if there is a conflict, function wins. "Clean" is always the goal. I love details; details, details, details. Now that I have a garage I do all of my own work, I really enjoy the challenge of solving problems and figuring things out so a late model BMW keeps me busy on this front. When the wagon is broken, I fix it, when it is running 100%, I look for something to modify or break, I am sure many of you can relate. I love to retrofit things and "make them work." I also love having a 550awhp wagon that can run with pretty much anything on the street, while carrying mountain bikes, a dog, and groceries. Function!

Day 1 of the build (September 2013) up to (February 2016) can be seen in the first 30 pages of this thread: http://5series.net/forums/e61-tourin...ve-all-135223/

This thread will continue where that one leaves off.

For those inclined, my Instagram handle is "hoburger"

Evan

Here is a couple introductory pictures of my wagon in current trim:

N54 Powered M5 Wagon:
- M5 Driveshaft, M5 LSD, M5 Axles, M5 Brakes, M5 Rear Suspension
- M5 Front End, M5 skirts, M5 Mirrors, M-Tech Rep Rear
- KW V3, RD Sport Sways, UR Strut Braces, Forgestar F14 SDC
- Manual Trans Swap, MFactory SMFW, Spec Stg 3+ Clutch, UUC SSK
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlets, AR ***, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial BOV, RB Ext. PCV, BMS OCC

Last edited by ucsbwsr; 02-10-2016 at 09:43 AM..