View Single Post
(#74)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 BMW 135i
Default 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The orange wire on the PI controller should be connected to turn on a relay to fire up the WMI pump. There is no FSB involved, you'd remove that all together.
Hi Terry,

The relay, what do you exactly mean by that? My english may not be the best, but I think there are a lot of people who can't really understand what you mean by saying "PI controller orange wire goes into relay to trigger pump". Do you mean relay as positive terminal from the battery so that the pump always had power when the ignition is turned on? Where do we usually connect it then? Or relay as something that has to be purchased and installed separately? Or is it included into BMS meth kit and meth PI kit?

Apologies if my questions sound silly, but this post is about overall development of meth PI feature and a lot of not very skilled mechanics, such as myself, will break their neck trying to make sense of wiring before they actually start working under the hood...

Logs are sure to come with time, these are fairly recent directions on how wire Meth PI without the FSB, most people will not want to break their working setup just to provide some logs as they may be feeling safe enough already, changing setup is simply a bigger risk. New clients planning the meth PI setup may be just ordering stuff right now and installing shortly (I expect to do the install in 1 month's time for example). The path to DPMI setup is a lot less clear than going with the E85 setup, since the latter is very common and pretty well polished setup.