View Single Post
(#5)
Old

Car: Lexus
Default 10-06-2016, 07:49 AM

Was looking at the dyno sheet and your post, Terry and you say the car pushes 8 psi stock. I am wondering why the Lexus documentation (including being confirmed by the factory boost gauge on the car) says:

"Target Boost Pressure – The intake air pressure that the ECM is trying to receive from the turbocharger system. This data list item is labeled in absolute PSI reading. Therefore the technicians will see a target boost of close to 15 PSI when the vehicle is at idle. This is a normal condition, because atmospheric pressure is close to 15 PSI absolute. During boost conditions under WOT, the target boost will reach approximately 30 PSI, which means the ECM is requesting the maximum boost pressure of 17.4 PSI from the turbocharger system.

You guys are the experts so maybe I'm interpreting your post wrong. Is 8 psi an average throughout all gears or?

Here is the Lexus manual: See page 28 of the PDF http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NAT...exus-Turbo.pdf

Just out of curiosity I'm following this closely and can't wait for you guys to see what you come up with.