View Single Post
(#59)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 03-05-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB90
Why so much anger and hate, it’s hilarious ��

Why not be open minded and wait for some solid results good or bad to cast your opinion? You are going off on some random rant that makes zero sense.

Where do you see a 14bhp gain stated? So far all we have is before and after logs with zero tune changes. The oem pump struggles to maintain rail pressure where as the evo manages to maintain rail pressure.

Again load/boost, afr and iats will be the factors that stress the fuel system and it’s capacity. I don’t know why you mention timing, yes you need it for power but in here we are discussing the capacity of a fuel pump.

I agree here, XDI is still number 1. I’d never consider PI as secondary controlled fuel systems aren’t for me, DME controlled over any thing. I was close to pulling the trigger on a xdi-35 however held off after hearing whispers of other options coming to the table. Considering the same pump for the fords is cheaper the bmw tax they apply is joke.

The updated tune will most likely add load and the evo hpfp could take a massive dive...or it could handle it no problem. Until then we do not know.
14 bhp. Guess I’m the only one willing to look at the data s:

EDIT: Had datalogs reversed. B58 HPFP actually made 14bhp LESS peak than stock

Funny how the entire first page is all about plug and play with no tune.

Now we are into tunes all of sudden when I questioned results.

And if you feel that is holding 2000 PSI, you haven’t looked at much data. That’s struggling to hold 2000 PSI.

The only thing hilarious is how people have already gone all in on this.

As I stated upfront in my first post, I admire the effort to improve. Some work, others do not. But the initial numbers show this isn’t much of anything and everyone is convinced it will come close to a XDI-35, when it’s not even close.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 03-08-2019 at 08:38 PM..