View Single Post
(#3)
Old

Car: 320I
Default 06-14-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr5674
Assuming I buy stage 1, which comes set at +4psi and the required cable to hook up to a laptop. I only run 93 octane and I’ll like to increase the boost to +5psi.

Some please walk me through how I would raise the boost by +1psi

How do I do it? Software? Files? Etc....

Thank you!
I would take Terry's advise about not raising boost to 5psi. But to change boost level, for example to lower it to resolve driveability issues, you should:

1) Install the JB4 interface software to your laptop and connect the data cable to the unit and the laptop.
2) Turn on the ignition but not the engine
3) Click on "File" in the top left of the interface and select "Connect." If it fails to connect go to "Settings" and select the port under "Available Ports" then attempt to connect again.
4) Once you connect go to the "User Adjustment" tab. You can enter the new boost level under "Boost Safety" then press "Save."
5) Last, make certain that "Map" on the top right corner of the screen is set to 3. You can go back to the default +4 psi by switching back to Map 1. All other Maps seem to default to +3 psi except for Map 0 which is stock boost levels.
6) The boost level appears in the "Logging" tab in the bottom left of the screen under "DME BT" when switching maps.

Last edited by muniz_ri; 06-17-2019 at 10:10 PM..