Thread: HPFP swap
View Single Post
(#55)
Old

Car: 2015 f30 335i Msport Xdrive
Default 03-05-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
Thomas, I have one log request from you as I notice you have a PS2 turbo equipped to your N55. Do you mind taking a log of you going from cruising to 100% throttle at a higher RPM, say 5K WOT?

This is the situation in which my PS2 N55 would always crash prior to methanol injection. I could run 18 PSI without problem if I went WOT at low RPM and allowed the pump to build pressure as the turbo spooked, but if I ever went WOT at say.. 5K RPM (downshift situation for example) the pump would instantly crash because it couldn’t provide the fuel pressure fast enough.

If your pump doesn’t crash in this situation I feel as though as you might have found a winner for cheap replacement! It’s really show how stout this pump is.
1000000%

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_H_O_M_A_S
i can try it in the next few days , as im awaiting an updated map from wedge
Yes please as I have a purchased pump on hold. Logging your findings will be the most important thing if we are to know for sure if the fuel pressure and flow capacity of this pump is up to par with an upgraded turbo and could potentially save us hundreds of dollars.
It might be but I’m sure it will need a tune. The B58 has higher compression,a bigger turbo,exhaust ,** all bigger than the N55 setup etc etc so I’m concluding that there are higher fuel requirements for the B58 than an N55 motored car just for the reasons I mention. But I am anxious to see you log this out as one poster stated under 100% WOT 2nd 3rd and 4th gears. I’m staying tuned.

2015 335i Xdrive Msport FBO BM3 Stg 2 93 oct
[B]1995 Eagle talon TSi AWD Fully Built!!