View Single Post
(#32)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 08-28-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just catching up on the thread. None of us are infallible. Mistakes happen, clearly David programmed too close to a torque limiter that got you stuck for a couple hours. Hopefully, lesson learned on his end. Given the situation I think a refund and apology would be appropriate.

Anyway, glad to hear you got the car in to the 10s finally! Too bad a JB4 wasn't involved, but we're always working on new S55 features and functions, maybe we'll lure you back one day. Would be really easy to set it up to just run your in dash gauges, flag control, and wireless logging, without having the JB4 do any tuning if that was what you needed short term.

The exhaust burbles should be fully active as an MHD flash time option now so its easy to toggle between different options with our OTS BEF.
I 100% agree, Terry. No one is perfect, aside from having to deal with frequent disorganized typo/confusion, which is why I usually learn towards the understanding and forgiving side of things to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I have to admit, the whole no refund and no apology approach caught me by surprise, but I know everyone is just trying to put food on the table for their families, so I wasn't going to sweat $290. I would rather cut my losses sooner rather than deal with a higher repair bill later on.

Having had the opportunity to work with you on testing the E85 BEF, along with reading a lot of the JB4/S55 information that you and Mike@N54tuning have shared with the BMW community, it made it easy for me to spot the inaccuracies and inconsistencies with my tuning experience with David. I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's doing, but the S55 and S55 JB4 clearly aren't his specialty at present time.

I really wish I had achieved my quest for a 10-second pass with the JB4, but obviously, things were derailed quite a bit when I thought I could do better than the E85 BEF. I've mentioned the same thing on BP, and I'll say it again here. Knowing what I know now, I'm confident that I'll be able to reproduce the same results with JB4 and E85 BEF that I was able to achieve with BM3.

I sure do miss the JB4's logging functionality, and the ability to switch maps on the fly, so maybe I'll get a chance to put it back on the car one of these days... if not, then at the very least, I think I'll be able to guide its future owner on how to reach optimal power output sooner rather than by trial and error.

2017 M3 ZCP