Thread: Valve Covers
View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default Valve Covers - 07-28-2021, 08:19 AM

I have an 07 335i with about 130K miles on it and I am getting ready to do an overhaul on it. I have been around N54 tuning scene for a long time but stopped following it closely a few years ago so there is a lot I am trying to get caught up on.

Currently on the car is Stett CAI, Forge DVs, Forge intercooler, JB4, Magnaflow Catback, and Wavetrac LSD.

Waiting to go on the car is Pure600s, VSRF ******* ***, VSRF 2" inlets, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, oil filter housing gasket, coils, spark plugs, walbro 450, MHD and M3 control arms front and rear.

I want to make decent power with the 600s but don't plan to push them to the limit. What I am trying to understand is if it would be smart to go ahead and replace the valve cover with one of the aluminum options available. Is it really needed at the power levels you can push the 600s too or is it just nice to have. Are they ever really needed? I just want to make sure I have all the parts I need before I open it up so I am not waiting on parts.